2016 MEN of MANLINESS - FINAL FOUR: Korosensei vs. Hughes

• Korosensei from Assassination Classroom vs. Lt. Colonel Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist

Don't forget to post your vote below in case of ties!

• Sorry Hughes, I have been a huge cheerleader for you and am psyches with how far you got, but I have to go korosensei.

• Sorry Hughes, but got to go with the tentacle monster here.

Koro-Sensei may not seem manly (or even human), but he really and truly is the manliest of Tentacle Octopus Monsters.

He never lets his big head get the best of him.

He has impeccable grooming skills

Even when he is exhausted, he still brings his A-Game (or maybe his C-Game)

Animals love him

He gets his students fired up

Even without tentacles he's pretty manly

• I'm going with Hughes on this one. I could never get into Assassination Classroom, and Koro-sensei could get kind of skeevy in the few episodes that i did watch.

• Gonna do a quick copypasta of what I posted last night, with a few minor changes….

Both of these are really strong contenders, not gonna lie.

Technically they're both good men fighting the good fight against a corrupt system. Hughes is a military man trying to overthrow the corrupt government from the inside out, whilst Korosensei is a former assassination turned teacher trying to improve the lives of a bunch of delinquent kids.

They both have their strengths and their weaknesses, but honestly after watching both series...

I gotta go with Korosensei on this one. Not only is he a truly wonderful teacher, but the lengths he goes to... the things he does... the sacrifices he makes for those children...

He gives literally everything he has to those kids...

! including, last but not least… his very own LIFE.....

just so that they can live a better life and possibly make the world a better place.

So yeah. My vote goes to the pervy yellow octopus. I wouldn't mind at all if he won this whole thing. :)

Let's be real, Hughes is a wonderful husband and father. The way he fawns over and pampers his little girl could serve as a role model for us all.

But in a way, Korosensei is also an amazing "dad". He took a bunch of kids who nobody cared about, who were hated, ostracized, mocked, and ridiculed just for being "different" or "not good enough", and he made them STRONG. He made them FIERCE. He made the the best people they could possibly be.

So in a way, Korosensei did what Hughes did, only on a much larger scale. They're obviously not related, but you simply will never convince me that Class 3-E isn't a "family."

@eastunder:

I'm going with Hughes on this one. I could never get into Assassination Classroom, and Koro-sensei could get kind of skeevy in the few episodes that i did watch.

Dude, please… stick with it. I know it's silly and goofy at first, but it gets DEEP later on.

After the episode tonight, no joke... I don't think I've cried harder at any anime ever than I did tonight. TT_TT

• [deleted for bad sportsmanship]

• I dunno.

Mustang already won it all last year, but I don't think I'll ever be convinced that Korosensei is truly manly. It doesn't really matter since I hope this year's champion comes from the other match, but I'll vote Hughes.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Dude, please… stick with it. I know it's silly and goofy at first, but it gets DEEP later on.

That kind of makes me want to watch it less. The show was at it's best when it was silly and goofy…kind of. Some of the humor was lame and/or gross, and if i have to hear one more of those characters refer to the female teacher as "Bitch-sensei" for a futile attempt at a giggle, i am going to lose it. But pretty much any kind of commentary the show attempted in the episodes i saw was so broad and hammered in that the attempts at drama were often more unintentionally funny than the actual humor. Plus, i think 10 episodes is a fair amount of chances that i gave to it already.

• @thegrandalliance:

[deleted for bad sportsmanship]

You're real funny today, Hardy. I notice the incoming votes are moving my way, eh? Not enough time to save "your precious", now Spaceman; not enough time, indeed…

• @thegrandalliance:

You're real funny today, Hardy. I notice the incoming votes are moving my way, eh? Not enough time to save "your precious", now Spaceman; not enough time, indeed…

As long as the votes are coming from people who are good sports, then whatever happens happens.

But from trolls like you? Your vote is meaningless.

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah I am going to have to throw my support in for Korosensei as well. He is an amazing character in what has been one of the best anime in recent years. So much more subtle and nuanced than you might think, this will go down as a legendary performance.

Vote goes to Korosensei; assassin, teacher, mentor, guardian, and friend.

• [once again, deleted for bad sportsmanship]

• I'll be surprised and intrigued however this match up goes, but I think for this round, I'll give this to Korosensei.

• @thegrandalliance:

[deleted for bad sportsmanship]

Nice try. B)

• @SpacemanHardy:

Nice try. B)

Damn it, thought you would lose track… :)

Amazingly enough, I think I am doing a disservice now... it is all tied up at 5. I better stop talking; I always know how people here like to vote the opposite way just to annoy the **** out of me...

• voting Korosensei

• Vote to Korosensei - Assassination Classroom.

• Going with Hughes