Which dubs should Crunchyroll make?

• What anime from this year do you guys think Crunchyroll will license, and dub? (Original post by 64BitRatchet, edited to be up-to-date)

Winter 2016:
    Active Raid
    Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue
    BBK/BRNK
    Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World
    Ojisan and Marshmallow
    Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Spring 2016:
    Ace Attorney
    Anne Happy
    Bungo Stray Dogs
    Cerberus
    Hundred
    Joker Game
    Space Patrol Luluco
    Super Lovers

Summer 2016:
    Active Raid Second
    Amanchu!
    Ange Vierge
    Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Araxia
    Mob Psycho 100
    The Morose Mononokean
    Orange
    ReLIFE
    Sweetness and Lightning
    Taboo Tattoo
    This Art Club Has a Problem!

• Given how hard they were pushing Konosuba, I'd say it's decently likely. Joker Game would be nice if only for a sub release.

• It should be noted that NO (0) Kadokawa Titles were mentioned in the initial release announcement.

The big thing that needs to be clarified from Crunchyroll is who their distributor is going to be, what price point the shows are going to sell at, and when is their estimated first release date.

Then we can talk about what titles are next.

• @Series5Ranger:

It should be noted that NO (0) Kadokawa Titles were mentioned in the initial release announcement.

Actually that one's wrong, as Big Order, one of the 8 titles they confirmed, was in fact a Kadokawa anime.

Basically if Crunchyroll's got the rights and will release/dub those Kadokawa animes, then I'm all for it. Personally I'd be very happy to see dubs for Konosuba and Bungo Stray Dogs, and of course when its eventually done, Mob Psycho as well as Sweetness and Lightning and 91 Days too. Also while I've yet to see it, I've heard great things about Re:ZERO, so I might just wait for that one to be dubbed and released too.

• Yep Sorry about that , thought it was a TV Tokyo Title

• I previously posted these on the "If Crunchyroll made dubs" thread, then updated it. After all, since Gintama was there, it's safe to say they will dub older shows.

"For licensed shows, I'd like to see Samurai Flamenco, Star Driver, Familiar of Zero F, Anohana, The Irregular at Magic High School, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Plastic Memories, Haikyu, Nisekoi, all things Monogatari, School Days (but only in a Ghost Stories format - because that show sucks otherwise), and Shirobako - and I kept the list short there. For unlicensed works, I'd go with pretty much everything they got from Spring 2016, as well as Polar Bear Café".

Also, I would like for all anime to be dubbed (though I AM realistic), but I would really like Joker Game to have a dub, as I'm a huge sucker for political dramas.

• @Gemnist:

For licensed shows, I'd like to see Samurai Flamenco, Star Driver, Familiar of Zero F, Anohana, The Irregular at Magic High School, Plastic Memories, Haikyu, Nisekoi, all things Monogatari, and Shirobako.

I don't think these are very likely as they are already licensed (in some cases have home releases) by Aniplex, NISA or Sentai. The only series they got that someone else (not including Disotek) had was Gintama which Sentai never did anything with (aside from movies I think) and didn't even pick up future seasons.

• yeah, If any of those licensed shows are gonna be dubbed, it will be by the companies that own them.

• Well DEFINITELY Konosuba…

The only other ones besides those you listed that I watched would be This Art Class Has a Problem and ReLife which was surprisingly good.

• I don't know TOO much about the licensing process, but it should be that a licensing company can purchase the rights to a series from another company with the original creator's consent. As Crunchyroll has the streaming rights to all of the series I mentioned, it only makes sense that they be the ones to pick those series up if they get the chance.

• I dont see the logic behind that. they were outbid for full rights to these shows, so why should they be allowed to take them away from the companies that won them fairly?

• Because the companies that won them fairly can say "Hell, this series isn't selling well" and hold it up for purchase by another company.

I also forgot to mention that Crunchyroll can do what they did for Discotek with Free Season 1 and just produce the dub while still not having the rights. Or did Crunchyroll buy them from Discotek, since ANN lists them as the licensor?

• if a show is selling poorly, they are stuck with it until the license expires in 5-7 years. then, they can choose not to renew, and the show goes back to it's Japanese owners and when they are ready to put it up for sale again, someone else can bid on it. that's how it works

Crunchyroll acquired full rights for Free season 1. since at the time they didn't have the ability to distribute stuff themselves, they chose Discotek to release it for them as well as a few of the other shows they had full distribution rights to

• The way you said it works is, more or less, what I meant. We can wait for the rights to expire and then see what happens. That should happen between next year and the turn of the decade, depending on the show.

Also, just to clarify, does that mean Crunchyroll can get back and dub the other series they gave to Discotek?

• I honestly would love for them to dub Masou Gakuen HXH or Shinmai Maou No Testament. But I'm not going to get my hopes up because most people who use crunchyroll are similar to the type of people who use MAL and they discrimante against that type of anime.

• Getchman; Gemnist, you guys really need new usernames. Or, at least, a profile picture. Whenever I try to read you guys talk to each other, me head gets so painful….

• Thing is with them dubbing those 8 shows I think that they said would. Its gonna be over a year I think till they dub any newer ones. Wish they would give us some news about those tho, especially Kabaneri.

• @TGA I've been looking for one. It's a real pain choosing.

• @thegrandalliance:

Getchman; Gemnist, you guys really need new usernames. Or, at least, a profile picture. Whenever I try to read you guys talk to each other, me head gets so painful….

bummer dude