2016 MEN of MANLINESS - SUPER SIXTEEN: Izuku vs. Netero

• Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia vs. Isaac Netero from Hunter x Hunter

Don't forget to post your vote below in case of ties!

• This ain't getting any easier for me now is it.

Really, REALLY happy to see both characters actually making it as far as they have…...but if you've followed me up until this point now, you should know who, at least for this round my alliance lies.

Izuku is one of the best written and developed Shonen anime heroes I have ever seen. He also to me is a perfect balance of what anyone can enjoy in a character who is a protagonist. He isn"t strong and overpowered but he is neither weak nor helpless. He is cute and precious but also tough and confident in himself. He is emotional yet also willing to put himself on the line, do the right thing. He does not rush recklessly into fights, yet he is willing to rush in and do the right thing when no one else would. He is smart, calculating, and his abilities naturally progress and develop along with his character and his development throughout the series. He is the greatest underdog story I think I have ever seen written, and he is a character that every time I see him work hard and succeed, it makes me smile and feel like I too can accomplish my goals.

He risks his life to save others, a true heroic feat that not many others seem willing to do even when they have the power. He is selfless, kind, strong-willed, hardworking and quite intelligent, thoughtful, and overall kind of a badass when he really needs to be.

I think the scene that truly sold me on Izuku as a character, outside of the moment where he rushes in to save Bakugo from the Sludge Monster, was where, after 10 months of intensive, rigorous, and almost destructive personal training under All Might, he manages to finish at the last possible minute, cleaning everything up in its entirety, and then, shirtless, sweaty, and very tired, stands atop a tower of trash, screaming at the coming sunset.

And that's why Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, still gets my full support, and a PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

• Deku gets my vote.

• Voting for Netero

• My vote goes to Netero

Basically, he's the definition of manly.

Has this man let aging hinder his abilities? To stop him from growing in to more and more of a badass?

Heck no!

Instead he is constantly improving. Becoming the Chairman of the Hunters Association is nothing to snub your nose at, considering the people that become Hunters, and he has complete and utter respect. He isn't always serious and badass, he has a goofy, fun loving side, but those around him never forget what he really is and what he is capable of.

Even when against enemies that every other character in the show has struggled against, he is able to come out on top through pure skill and determination. He's confident but still able to be a mentor and a teacher to some of our younger characters, particularly Gon (Even though he is mainly doing it to amuse himself).

We know from watching Gon and Killua train that the skills Netero has do not come easily, and Netero always seems to have a plan.

Overall, he's everything we could want and more from a master Badass.

! And when the time finally comes for his death, he goes out with a bang. He dies, but STILL manages to win.
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yQOvCOTcU

• I got him into this tourney, and I am going to give him the best chance I can, so voting Netero

• Vote to Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia.

• voting Izuku Midoriya

• My vote goes to Izuku Midoriya.

• Voted for Netero.

• Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia

• Voting Netero.