"One Piece" Creator Comments On How Close Manga Is To Completion (By Scott Green)

• "One Piece" Creator Comments On How Close Manga Is To Completion

Scott Green
    July 20, 2016 9:45am PDT

Get ready for some Manga Math! I was a couple credits away from a Regular Math minor, so, even if I haven't used any in years, this might be correct. One Piece started on July 19, 1997. (happy 19th anniversary!)

According to the new issue of promo newspaper Dai One Piece Shinbun, Eiichiro Oda has pinned the series at currently 65% complete. So, assuming that it's going at an approximately constant pace (which isn't consistent past comments, but bear with me), it's going to take another 13 years to wrap up the series, for a total of 32 years. So, if you started reading One Piece at age 13, you'll be 45 when it's over and you might have your own 13-year-old reading it.

Scott Green is editor and reporter for anime and manga at geek entertainment site Ain't It Cool News. Follow him on Twitter at @aicnanime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/20-1/one-piece-creator-comments-on-how-how-close-manga-is-to-completion

• You can post the link, that's not against any of the forum rules, so long as it is a legal website.

• 13 years to wrap up the remaining 35%? Wow…and be longer for the dub too, since we are quite behind. Hope am still around when it ends. :O