Blazblue Alter Memory Dub Cast

• Hey guys, since you guys have licensed the Blazblue anime, I would like to set some things straight; I want the actors from the games to reprise their roles in the anime; I know you guys have Patrick Seitz who work here so he can play Ragna in the anime, but I really want to get the video games actors, don't use your main actor, get the outside talent; like you did with Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon. Here's a list of who should voice who:

Ragna the Bloodedge: Patrick Seitz
    Jin Kisaragi: David Vincent
    Noel Vermillion/Mu-12: Cristina Valenzuela
    Rachel Alucard: Mela Lee
    Nago: Ezra Weisz
    Gii: Cindy Robinson
    Taokaka: Philece Sampler
    Carl Clover: Michelle Ruff
    Litchi Faye-Ling: Lauren Landa
    Arakune: Spike Spencer
    Iron Tager: Jamieson Price
    Bang Shishigami: Tony Oliver
    Nu-13/Lambda-11: Cristina Valenzuela
    Hakumen: David Vincent
    Yūki Terumi/Hazama: Doug Erholtz
    Tsubaki Yayoi: Julie Ann Taylor
    Makoto Nanaya: Cindy Robinson
    Valkenhayn R. Hellsing: Doug Stone
    Platinum the Trinity/Luna/Sena/Trinity Glassfield: Laura Bailey
    Relius Clover: Travis Willingham
    Kokonoe: Julie Ann Taylor
    Jubei: Kirk Thornton
    Linhua: Michelle Ruff
    Saya: Cristina Valenzuela
    Imperator Librarius Izanami: Kate Higgins

And that's the list of the characters and who should voice them in the anime. Respond back, and let me know when this can be possible, thanks.

• They need to get the original casts back for not only BlazBlue, but also Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

And if they happen to license the Bayonetta movie, that too.

• They don't have the license to Blazblue Alter Memory,they only have streaming rights at the moment.

• ^ AT THE MOMENT.

Yet considering that BlazBlue is a fairly hot commodity right now, I'd say that the home video license is only a matter of time.

I mean, hell, they picked up the rights to Sengoku Basara, and that didn't sell NEARLY as well as BlazBlue.

• @joe-funi:

They don't have the home enertainment license to Blazblue Alter Memory,they only have streaming rights at the moment.

Fixed it for you since FUNimation has the license to the stream the show.

@FUNimation:

©ARC SYSTEM WORKS/BLAZBLUE PARTNERS 2013. Licensed by FUNimation® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. - See more at: http://www.funimation.com/shows/blazblue/anime#sthash.c6fbh4jt.dpuf

• @SpacemanHardy:

They need to get the original casts back for not only BlazBlue, but also Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Agreed

@xstationo1:

Hey guys, since you guys have licensed the Blazblue anime, I would like to set some things straight; I want the actors from the games to reprise their roles in the anime; I know you guys have Patrick Seitz who work here so he can play Ragna in the anime, but I really want to get the video games actors, don't use your main actor, get the outside talent; like you did with Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon. Here's a list of who should voice who:

Ragna the Bloodedge: Patrick Seitz
    Jin Kisaragi: David Vincent
    Noel Vermillion/Mu-12: Cristina Valenzuela
    Rachel Alucard: Mela Lee
    Nago: Ezra Weisz
    Gii: Cindy Robinson
    Taokaka: Philece Sampler
    Carl Clover: Michelle Ruff
    Litchi Faye-Ling: Lauren Landa
    Arakune: Spike Spencer
    Iron Tager: Jamieson Price
    Bang Shishigami: Tony Oliver
    Nu-13/Lambda-11: Cristina Valenzuela
    Hakumen: David Vincent
    Yūki Terumi/Hazama: Doug Erholtz
    Tsubaki Yayoi: Julie Ann Taylor
    Makoto Nanaya: Cindy Robinson
    Valkenhayn R. Hellsing: Doug Stone
    Platinum the Trinity/Luna/Sena/Trinity Glassfield: Laura Bailey
    Relius Clover: Travis Willingham
    Kokonoe: Julie Ann Taylor
    Jubei: Kirk Thornton
    Linhua: Michelle Ruff
    Saya: Cristina Valenzuela
    Imperator Librarius Izanami: Kate Higgins

And that's the list of the characters and who should voice them in the anime. Respond back, and let me know when this can be possible, thanks.

I made something similar to this but this time using SAG/AFTRA VAs (Crispin Freeman replaces Patrick Seitz for Ragna the Bloodedge, Roger Craig Smith replaces David Vincent for Jin Kisaragi, Kari Wahlgren replaces Lauren Landa for Litchi Faye-Ling, Steve Blum replaces David Vincent for Hakumen).

• BlazBlue is hot right now? I've never been to keen on the game myself-it feels like a weaker version of the related Guilty Gear franchise-but I haven't heard any hype for it lately. While the story in the BlazBlue games was pretty weak, the anime is dropping the ball on retelling them. I just don't have high hopes for it coming here dubbed. I'd like to be wrong on this. While I will always think that BlazBlue is living in Guilty Gear's shadow I am positive that it was worlds above Sengoku Basara.

• I remember there being fuss about the game a few years back, but I'd honestly forgotten there even was an anime.

–edit--

Huh. There doesn't seem to be a forum section for this show.

• I hope its the same cast from the video game, but half might but with some differences like Sengoku Basara was, still good to watch. ^_^ Just saying… But either way I hope it'll happen.

BLAZBLUE: ALTER MEMORY English dubbed voice actors 'FUNimation':

Patrick Seitz - Ragna the Bloodedge
    CRISTINA VALENZUELA - Noel Vermillion, NU-13, Saya, LAMBDA-11
    DAVID VINCENT - JIN KISARAGI and HAKUMEN
    ERIK DAVIES or DOUG ERHOLTZ - Hazama
    MELA LEE or Brina Palencia - RACHEL ALUCARD
    PHILECE SAMPLER or Carrie Savage - TAOKAKA
    KIRK THORNTON or R BRUCE ELLIOTT - JUBEI
    LAUREN LANDA - LITCHI FAYE-LING
    MICHELLE RUFF - CARL CLOVER and Linhua
    JULIE ANN TAYLOR - KOKONOE and TSUBAKI YAYOI
    CINDY ROBINSON - MAKOTO NANAYA and Gil
    Ezra Weisz - Nago
    TRAVIS WILLINGHAM - RELIUS CLOVER
    Doug Stone or Jason Douglas - VALKENHAYN R. HELLSING
    Lauren Bailey - PLATINUM THE TRINITY
    Tony Oliver, Steve Krame, or Ian Sinclair - BANG SHISHIGAMI
    Spike Spencer - ARAKUNE
    JAMIESON PRICE or J Michael Tatum - IRON TAGER

• @SpacemanHardy:

They need to get the original casts back for not only BlazBlue, but also Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Please god no. The dub casts for those were just awful :(

• J Michael Tatum as Iron Tager would be hilarious. The guy who plays effete, urbane (and generally svelte) guys being the roid-raging robot man would be pretty funny. I can see the justification for it but I can't see it being any less weird than his role as the giant ape in Space Dandy. The only thing funnier would be if Guilty Gear (related-and superior-fighting game) were to get an anime and he were to voice Potemkin.

After C: The Possibility of Something-or-other I could really "see" Scott Freeman as Hazama.

If Funimation were to redub this entirely in-house it wouldn't break my heart. I've yet to be impressed by a CA video game dub and it is a rare day that a CA anime dub has me in awe. :(

• ^ Hi Echo_City.

• Moving this thread to the brand-new Blazblue forum. ^_^

• @CelestialKnight:

Please god no. The dub casts for those were just awful :(

According to the GameInformer review of Danganronpa, the dub was good enough, and given that it just got released recently, it would be better if Funi has the anime edition outsourced to Bang Zoom! since having this dubbed in-house would cause a lot of outrage due to the dub announcement happening just months after the game got released here in the states. And was Bayonetta's and Neptunia's dub casts that bad too?

@sidereal_presence:

J Michael Tatum as Iron Tager would be hilarious. The guy who plays effete, urbane (and generally svelte) guys being the roid-raging robot man would be pretty funny. I can see the justification for it but I can't see it being any less weird than his role as the giant ape in Space Dandy. The only thing funnier would be if Guilty Gear (related-and superior-fighting game) were to get an anime and he were to voice Potemkin.

After C: The Possibility of Something-or-other I could really "see" Scott Freeman as Hazama.

If Funimation were to redub this entirely in-house it wouldn't break my heart. I've yet to be impressed by a CA video game dub and it is a rare day that a CA anime dub has me in awe. :(

I think Chris Sabat would make a much better performance for Tager and by extent Potemkin (assuming that both BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are in-house dubbed), considering that he has a closer voice range to Jamieson Price than J Michael Tatum does, and I think J Michael Tatum would make a better choice for Hazama (assuming this gets in-house dubbed) than Scott Freeman.

Anyways, here is my cast for the BlazBlue series and anime (FUNimation/Okratron 5000 and Bang Zoom! SAG/AFTRA)

Blazblue (FUNimation/Okratron 5000)

Patrick Seitz - Ragna the Bloodedge and Bloodedge (reprise)
    Jason Douglas - Jin Kisaragi and Hakumen
    Brina Palencia - Rachel Alucard, Kokonoe
    Monica Rial - Taokaka
    Carrie Savage - Celica A. Mercury (reprise)
    Christopher Sabat - Iron Tager
    Lauren Landa - Litchi Faye-ling and Ada Clover (reprise)
    Spike Spencer - Arakune (reprise)
    Ian Sinclair - Bang Shishigami
    Alison Viktorin - Carl Clover
    Luci Christian - Noel Vermillion, Mu-12, Nu-13, Lambda-11, Bullet, Saya, Izanami, Torakaka and Takamagahara TC
    Jamie Marchi - Tsubaki Yayoi and Izayoi
    J. Michael Tatum - Hazama and Yuuki Terumi
    Cherami Leigh - Makoto Nanaya and Gii
    Kent Williams - Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
    Laura Bailey - Platinum the Trinity and Trinity Glassfield (reprise)
    Travis Willingham - Relius Clover and Takamagahara TA (reprise)
    Josh Grelle - Amane Nishiki, Hibiki Kohaku and Takamagahara TB
    David Wald - Azrael
    Brandon Potter - Kagura Mutsuki
    Bruce Carey - Clavis Alucard
    R. Bruce Elliot - Jubei
    Colleen Clinkenbeard - Konoe Mercury/Nine and Phantom
    Brittney Karbowski - Linhua

BlazBlue (Union-contracted)

Most of the cast of the existing dub will reprise due to them being FiCore. The only changes are, Roger Craig Smith replaces David Vincent for Jin Kisaragi and Hakumen, Kari Wahlgren replaces Cristina Valenzuela for Noel Vermillion, Mu-12, Lamba-11 and Nu-13, and replaces Lauren Landa for Litchi Faye-ling; Crispin Freeman replaces Doug Erholz for Hazama and Yuuki Terumi; Kyle Hebert replaces Grant George for Kagura Mutsuki; Mary Elizabeth McGlynn replaces Amanda Celine Miller for Konoe Mercury/Nine and Phantom due to the latter being a non-union-only VA. Also, given that voice production for the games since CSEX have shifted to Cup of Tea Productions, it would be better it the anime gets outsourced to Studiopolis.

• @Domayv:

I think J Michael Tatum would make a better choice for Hazama (assuming this gets in-house dubbed) than Scott Freeman.

Hazama is more arrogant and crazy, a forte of Freeman's, than effete and urbane, the Tatum specialty. Hazama is much closer to the "Financial Clown" in C than he was, oh, Sebastian from Black Butler; would you cast Tatum as The Joker (assuming that Tatum's oft-mentioned coulrophobia would permit that)?

I can't hear Sabat as Potemkin/Tager, not after Trinity Blood.

According to the GameInformer review of Danganronpa, the dub was good enough,

Video game dubs are rarely better than "good enough", first and foremost, and GameInformer isn't particularly well known for devoting itself to reviewing dubs. Similar to BluRay.com commenting on an anime dub, I don't really value GI's opinion of a dub as it is outside of their scope.

• @sidereal_presence:

Hazama is more arrogant and crazy, a forte of Freeman's, than effete and urbane, the Tatum specialty. Hazama is much closer to the "Financial Clown" in C than he was, oh, Sebastian from Black Butler; would you cast Tatum as The Joker (assuming that Tatum's oft-mentioned coulrophobia would permit that)?

I though of having J. Michael Tatum cast as Hazama because he's the Funimation equivalent of Crispin Freeman (both have a very similar vocal range, and that Freeman could have voiced Hazama if BlazBlue was union-contrasted).

@sidereal_presence:

I can't hear Sabat as Potemkin/Tager, not after Trinity Blood.

I though of having Sabat voice Tager/Potemkin because his performance of Alex Louis Armstrong sounds very much like Jamieson Price's performance of Iron Tager. There's also the fact that Chris Sabat is the Funimation equivalent of Jamieson Price.

• BlazBlue just got a modern PC release and in playing through it again I've been reminded of just how weak its dub is. If Funimation recast this in-house then it could (almost) only be an improvement.

• @sidereal_presence:

BlazBlue just got a modern PC release and in playing through it again I've been reminded of just how weak its dub is. If Funimation recast this in-house then it could (almost) only be an improvement.

It's Calamity Trigger, the first installment in the series, one of the first titles that Aksys has given it a dub (its dub was done in late 2008), and the dub quality of the series has improved ever since. Also Funi dubs are NOT guaranteed they always will be infinitely superior, as they churned out two hilariously bad dubs last year, which were Future Diary and Haganai, and I'm starting to see the quality of their dubs slowly stagnate (largely due to the lack of additional recording facilities to dub their shows, which could only be solved if they relocated their in-house dubbing facilities to an expanded studio).

• @Domayv:

It's Calamity Trigger, the first installment in the series, one of the first titles that Aksys has given it a dub (its dub was done in late 2008), and the dub quality of the series has improved ever since. Also Funi dubs are NOT guaranteed they always will be infinitely superior, as they churned out two hilariously bad dubs last year, which were Future Diary and Haganai, and I'm starting to see the quality of their dubs slowly stagnate (largely due to the lack of additional recording facilities to dub their shows, which could only be solved if they relocated their in-house dubbing facilities to an expanded studio).

I've heard the dub of the sequel/expansion game (I've had it for 360 since it came out) and it isn't much better. Honestly, I'd put the dub of Haganai above BlazBlue's as Haganai had Alexis Tipton's Rika, one role that was done exceptionally well. BB doesn't have such a role. I do agree that both of those Bolton dubs were lacking.

In playing through the game I got to some cringe-worthy dialogue that reminded me why most of the time I played that game in Japanese (which isn't all that great either). Funimation's script writers would be an improvement over whomever wrote the BB dub lines; Funimation has had some horrific writing recently, Guilty Crown comes to mind, but BlazBlue's "Boobie lady" lives in infamy as it was far, far worse.

On a different note, why does Funimation need a bigger studio in order to improve their dubs? IMO the biggest issue that Funimation is having has been not balancing the ratio of neophytes to veterans in some of its dubs.

• @sidereal_presence:

On a different note, why does Funimation need a bigger studio in order to improve their dubs? IMO the biggest issue that Funimation is having has been not balancing the ratio of neophytes to veterans in some of its dubs.

Despite what may seem an endless pool of cash that would be flowing in since this industry is pretty large, its actually not.
    On the other note, this needs to happen.