2016 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 4: Spike vs. Izuku

• Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop vs. Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia

Don't forget to post your vote below in case of ties!

• This match is ESPECIALLY hilarious to me because of something I saw a while back.

And that's why this is hysterical to me.

Hysterical…..and of course absolutely heartbreaking too. I love both.....but damn it all.....been fighting this long and this hard, so I ain't stopping now.

Izuku is one of the best written and developed Shonen anime heroes I have ever seen. He also to me is a perfect balance of what anyone can enjoy in a character who is a protagonist. He isn"t strong and overpowered but he is neither weak nor helpless. He is cute and precious but also tough and confident in himself. He is emotional yet also willing to put himself on the line, do the right thing. He does not rush recklessly into fights, yet he is willing to rush in and do the right thing when no one else would. He is smart, calculating, and his abilities naturally progress and develop along with his character and his development throughout the series. He is the greatest underdog story I think I have ever seen written, and he is a character that every time I see him work hard and succeed, it makes me smile and feel like I too can accomplish my goals.

He risks his life to save others, a true heroic feat that not many others seem willing to do even when they have the power. He is selfless, kind, strong-willed, hardworking and quite intelligent, thoughtful, and overall kind of a badass when he really needs to be.

I think the scene that truly sold me on Izuku as a character, outside of the moment where he rushes in to save Bakugo from the Sludge Monster, was where, after 10 months of intensive, rigorous, and almost destructive personal training under All Might, he manages to finish at the last possible minute, cleaning everything up in its entirety, and then, shirtless, sweaty, and very tired, stands atop a tower of trash, screaming at the coming sunset.

And that's why Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, still gets my full support, and a PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

• My vote goes to Spike Spiegel.

• Sorry, I love you Izuku, but as someone stated in the last round, it is time to separate the boys from the men.

And Spike is, most certainly, a manly man!

• Voting Spike.

• Deku gets my vote. Spike is fantastic, and one of the most genuinely cool characters you could ever come across. But i really want to see how far Deku will go. Plus, Spike isn't even the manliest character in his own series.

• Going with Spike

• Voted for Spike.

• Vote to Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia.

• voting Izuku Midoriya

• Voting for Izuku.

• Voting for Spike

• This one was extremely difficult for me to decide, since both characters are really amazing. What it came down to for me is what they do and why. Spike is a bounty hunter who takes down criminals in order to make a profit and earn a living. On the other hand, Izuku is a hero in training who fights criminals and supervillains to protect people and keep them safe.

Izuku is a noble, honorable guy who fights when the odds are stacked against him. I think Izuku has the potential to save so many people. I have to give it to him because he never gives up even when nobody believes in him.

Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia

• Spike the vote!

• Sorry Spike, but this time, I'm backing Izuku all the way.