2016 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Izuku vs. Armin

• Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia vs. Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan

Don't forget to post your vote below in case of ties!

• This is a nice battle of the wits between two characters I really like. But still, my allegiance is clear.

Izuku is one of the best written and developed Shonen anime heroes I have ever seen. He also to me is a perfect balance of what anyone can enjoy in a character who is a protagonist. He isn"t strong and overpowered but he is neither weak nor helpless. He is cute and precious but also tough and confident in himself. He is emotional yet also willing to put himself on the line, do the right thing. He does not rush recklessly into fights, yet he is willing to rush in and do the right thing when no one else would. He is smart, calculating, and his abilities naturally progress and develop along with his character and his development throughout the series. He is the greatest underdog story I think I have ever seen written, and he is a character that every time I see him work hard and succeed, it makes me smile and feel like I too can accomplish my goals.

He risks his life to save others, a true heroic feat that not many others seem willing to do even when they have the power. He is selfless, kind, strong-willed, hardworking and quite intelligent, thoughtful, and overall kind of a badass when he really needs to be.

I think the scene that truly sold me on Izuku as a character, outside of the moment where he rushes in to save Bakugo from the Sludge Monster, was where, after 10 months of intensive, rigorous, and almost destructive personal training under All Might, he manages to finish at the last possible minute, cleaning everything up in its entirety, and then, shirtless, sweaty, and very tired, stands atop a tower of trash, screaming at the coming sunset.

And that's why Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, still gets my full support, and a PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

• Vote goes to Izuku.

Armin's got guts, I'll give him that. But Izuku has the potential of surpassing even the great All Might himself.

Kid's gonna go far, I tell ya.

• My vote goes to Izuku Midoriya.

• My vote goes to Deku

• Voting Armin.

Okay this has happened twice now, I accidentally voted for the wrong character in the poll.

I should probably go to bed. -_-

• Gotta vote for Deku on this one.

• Vote to Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia.

• Going with Armin here.
    He may get a bad rap for being a 'sissy' and whiny, but he can man up when it could. He uses his head far more than some other character so just go in guns blazing. So many things would simply not have happened if Armin hadn't figured out how to use Eren or by connecting the dots on who the Female Titan was. When push comes to shove, Armin will sacrifice himself to make a plan work. He has been bullied, had his entire family killed, and has seen horrors most of us would never dream of, yet he still keeps a cool head, doesn't let despair get to him and dreams of a better future. Armin may not be the strongest, most cunning, or have the highest Titan body count, but strategy can do a long way to survival. Not everyone can keep a cool head while being attacked by a horde of Titans, but Armin does manage that, at least for the most part.

• voting Midoriya

• Voting for Armin. I think I may be one of the few people not enthralled with MHA. :\

• I like both of these characters a lot, but I'll just go with Armin for this round.

Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan

• Voting for Armin

• Voting for Armin.