Ability to select a lower video quality (or resolution) to save on bandwidth

• Our cable company has a bandwidth cap (300GB), and my family and I spend more time watching Internet video (Funimation, YouTube, NetFlix, Hulu etc…) then we do watching cable TV. I usually have Netflix and YouTube set to playback lower quality video to save on bandwidth so everybody can watch what they want without creating additional charges due to going over our bandwidth limit. Regretfully the FunimationNow family of apps (on iOS, Windows and Android) does not have a way to lower the resolution or quality causing it to use up Gigabytes of bandwidth per hour. I really love Funimation, Regretfully I am only able to watch a few episodes per month because of our bandwidth issue, and I don't want to cancel the service because it takes up way too much bandwidth to watch my favorite shows.

Thanks for hearing my grumblings,

P.S. making the iOS version of the app work on the new Apple TV would be awesome.

• Who is your ISP? We had the 300GB cap in my household with Comcast until they recently changed it's data plans/ caps from 300GB to 1TB. I know that FUNi are 'supposedly' working on adding bitrate cap settings for the apps, until then I'd stick with the website (if you can), the new apps in their current state aren't really worth using anyway.

• I never understood why there's a data cap imposed by these isps. It not like internet is water where there is a finite amount and it would make sense to limit it. And 300 GB seems horribly small.

• My ISP is Armstrong Cable … We get reasonably high speed access (100 - 110 Mbps downstream 20 Mbps upstream), but they limit all of the accounts to 300 Gigabytes (although on the bill they did say it was going to increase to 400 Gigabytes soon)

• @darthrutsula:

I never understood why there's a data cap imposed by these isps. It not like internet is water where there is a finite amount and it would make sense to limit it. And 300 GB seems horribly small.

Tell me about it. then they charge $20.00 per 100 Gigabytes for overages.

• This post is deleted!

• @darthrutsula:

And 300 GB seems horribly small.

I also want to add that over the past month on JUST my PC, i've used 191 GB of internet (note: none of which is pirate). There are 4 other pcs in the house, granted only one of them sees as much use as mine. But if I had your cap I would literally be 2/3 the reason why my dad would be pissed about the fact that he's paying extra for something that isn't a utility but yet is needed in today's society. I can't wait for Google fiber to venture a little bit out of the city ;-;

Oh also, my PC itself doesn't stream video outside of youtube and twitch.tv. I do most of my "tv" watching from my tablet and media pc.

Oh and sorry if i'm gonna end up side-railing the topic :p

• Yeah and with all of the android, Windows PCs, Macs, iPads, Apple TV and Smart TV devices I am the one sweating bullets since I am the one who is paying for most of these video services and paying for the Internet for the household.

Oh … and not a problem because these stupid ISP caps versus bandwidth usage is the problem.