Danganronpa 3 Anime Order of Watching: Does it Matter?

• I have a question regarding the new Danganronpa anime. Are they made to be watched together or do I have to watch Despair arc before The end of Hope's Peak? Also, should I play the other games/ know the story before the two new anime?

• I believe that you are meant to watch both Future, then Despair side by side actually thus why both are airing around the same season.

As for games well you really should play DR2 prior to this anime, as it's kinda crucial to the stories for both.

• @classyspartan:

I believe that you are meant to watch both Future, then Despair side by side actually thus why both are airing around the same season.

As for games well you really should play DR2 prior to this anime, as it's kinda crucial to the stories for both.

Okay cool. Does DR2 spoil any of the anime? I think Despair is a prequel right?

• This post is deleted!

• @Xiolin:

Okay cool. Does DR2 spoil any of the anime? I think Despair is a prequel right?

Both anime series spoil Danganronpa 2 something fierce.

https://youtu.be/D8TDgK9Sx2w?list=PLn3Wm-3X3v7Cr-KSO0D4-svJ9gvWftlyX

Here's a full LP of Danganronpa 2 to help you out there.

Trust me, both are gonna spoil this game, and I suggest starting this first to be prepared.

• Now, it will be interesting to see if Dubbletalk covers both Despair Arc and Future Arc, as people are starting to say that you kind of need to watch both simultaneously, as classyspartan said, to really understand the full story. If Dubbletalk only covers one show, are they going to be lost to what's going on? Seems like they should have done both as a kind of bonus or something, imo. Regardless, I am going to be watching both one way or the other, I was just curious.

• @Xiolin:

Does DR2 spoil any of the anime?

Depends what you mean by spoil. Yes, Despair shows how the characters in DR2 came to be. But the release order of the media is the intended way to take it in. The twists that happen in DR2 will shock you and Despair is largely there to explain how the events of DR2 came to pass.

• sorry for the late reply lol. So Despair takes place after DR2 it seems? And Future takes place after DR2 and DR3? I think I understand now haha. I just might might watch gameplays of both before the anime though so I won't be lost. Thanks for the link!

• @Xiolin:

sorry for the late reply lol. So Despair takes place after DR2 it seems? And Future takes place after DR2 and DR3? I think I understand now haha. I just might might watch gameplays of both before the anime though so I won't be lost. Thanks for the link!

No. The order of events is
    Danganronpa 3 Despair-Danganronpa 1-Danganronpa Another Episode-Danganronpa 2-Danganronpa 3 Futures

But the order you're supposed to take them in is:
    Danganronpa 1-Danganronpa 2-Danganronpa Another Episode-both Danganronpa 3s at the same time.

The reason you're not supposed to watch them in the order they happened is because there are several plot twists in DR1 and DR2 that won't hit as hard if you already know the events leading to them. And then you need to make sure you watch both Danganronpa 3 shows at the same time because each of the episodes is connected somehow.