I told you Kool-Aid drinkers, and now there's proof!

• So first things first. All you white knights and Kool-Aid drinkers can eat me, you were wrong and I was right.

You clowns made so goddamn many excuses as to why Funimation couldn't release otakon 2014 titles yet, and you just couldn't admit your little Funimation would ever willingly hold out on you and you CLUNG HARD to some comepletely unrelated blog posts by some wannabe news nerd who has a website, and to the line of shit Spaceman was feeding you, and to the other completely garbage excuses your kind were perpetuating.

And you were WRONG

Funimation was, and is holding out on its customers. they screwed up and released the proof that they have had at least some of the Otakon 2014 stuff ready to go long before now. They have been CHOOSING not to release stuff.

The proof?

Go check out Lucky Star, which just got posted…. look at those old ass, pre-Funimation Now lead ins.... Why, if Lucky Star hasn't been ready to go for MONTHS, would those episodes have MONTHS OLD lead ins, when everything else now has the new Yahoo Now lead in?

They wouldn't. But they do because Funimation has been sitting on a simple rebadge rerelease for MONTHS.

That September Haruhi release probably has the same thing. But "they were waiting for materials from Japan" weren't they? Bullshit.

You've all been had.

• @dougswisher:

Go check out Lucky Star, which just got posted…. look at those old ass, pre-Funimation Now lead ins.... Why, if Lucky Star hasn't been ready to go for MONTHS, would those episodes have MONTHS OLD lead ins, when everything else now has the new Yahoo Now lead in?

Actually, I do have an explanation for that.

They released the first four episodes a little over a month or so ago, back when every show was still using the old bumpers. The new bumpers haven't been put on anything until this current season started, so they've really only been running a little over a week now.

It makes sense that they'd have go ahead and have all the episodes ready for streaming before they'd actually put the entire series up, so I can totally see why they'd use the old bumpers. Honestly, it's not really that big of a deal. :hmm:

• Well, the show only now came out… however in reality the final post-production would have occurred in June, which at the time was still using the old logo. I guess, this could be one of the "Last of the Mohicans" that you still should be watching...

However, as to why they held out as long as they did... that is yet unexplained...

NO matter, dougswisher; this season is otherwise quite horrible, so there is much to complain about, in either case...

• Look man, I've been lurking on the boards for a while. I've seen you at just about every conceivable opportunity kvetch about the delays surrounding the Otakon '14 Kadokawa package deal. The rescues are dated now, and at this rate the Steins;Gate and Strike Witches movies will probably be dated by the end of the year as well. They're coming, and that's now a confirmed fact. And for a rescue package deal, two years isn't that awful of a wait considering licensors can on occasion be pretty slow to deliver materials.

Now, if you think two years is absolutely unreasonable, think of this. I've been waiting on physical releases for The Tatami Galaxy and RAINBOW for six years. Six. Years. That's the same amount of time it took to complete a Star Wars trilogy. Have I been kvetching about it all this time? No. I've dropped hints and reminders every once in a while that it's something I'd like to see, but I've never once called Funimation a shitty company for not releasing them.

To answer your question though, the Lucky Star videos have the old Funimation logo on them because Funimation only just started using the new logo with the season's simulcasts. The Lucky Star videos were likely encoded not long before the first two episodes went up. And it should be noted that Funimation themselves specifically mentioned at AX the Haruhi masters only just recently arrived at their offices and they worked at a break-neck pace to get them ready to release by September.

What I'm trying to say here is don't look a gift horse in the mouth. What you want is coming, and the release dates for Kadokawa and Sunrise rescues should be proof of that. Now if you excuse me, I'll just be sitting here waiting for The Tatami Galaxy and RAINBOW. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "White Knight"…

• Soooooooooo…................. Where's that One Punch Man meme again?

• @tboy1992:

Soooooooooo…................. Where's that One Punch Man meme again?

Ask and ye shall receive.

• That was fast, classy…

On an unrelated note... finally figured out how the "friends" function on this website works LoL... apparently the option of "edit friend" was being hidden on the browser I normal use; wasn't aware I was being spammed until now. NO emails either (even though supposed to get emails).

If anyone "noble" wishes to add me, feel free to do so; now that I know I wasn't messing it up b4 and deleting stuff instead....

• This post is deleted!

• Dougswisher: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
    thegrandalliance: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

• …says the one without a subscription...

• That feel when even your circumstantial proof doesn't work

• Neither do you apparently. Or, perhaps I am missing something?…

No matter... circumstantial evidence "puts people into the ground for good"; so no worries here...

• ^ How about I put this entire topic in the ground for good?

• Just a quick update:

The first four episodes of Haruhi were put up on the site today.

And they do indeed have the new Funimation|NOW bumper.

Just thought you'd like to know. ~_^