SO since DR3 the animation is coming out soon

• I've been meaning to get my boyfriend into the game and i know he will love it.

He wants to play it but doesnt have the time, especially since the animation comes out soon…

what do i do? is it okay for me to show him the animation over the show? hes been slightly spoiled through social media but doesnt know any of the plot elements

• If he doesn't have time to sit down and play the game, you could always recommend a good Let's Play for him to watch on YouTube.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8TDgK9Sx2w&index=2&list=PLn3Wm-3X3v7Cr-KSO0D4-svJ9gvWftlyX

Here's a good Let's Play to Danganronpa 2. Rest of it should be contained in the playlist on YouTube in a chronological order. You can probably get away with just showing him the Animated show, then have him watch and/or play Danganronpa 2 (Steam or PS Vita, whichever works). Once he's completed that, you're pretty much good to go on getting him to watch Danganronpa 3.

• Thanks for posting this Classyspartan! That's really cool
    With Danganronpa 3 getting a broadcast dub, this will be a nice way to catch up. It's hard to find playthroughs without voice overs.

I was also told that I should watch/play danganronpa ultra despair girls after finishing danganronpa 2. So here is a playthrough for that game I found from that same user.

https://youtu.be/cesUx62zjzI

• Okay, so I am about to finish Danganronpa: The Animation tonight, and I am really enjoying it so far. That being said, I was wondering about how long the playthrough is for the second game? Can I realistically finish in time for Dubbletalk, considering I work full time during the week? Lol I am skeptical.

• @nubguy:

Okay, so I am about to finish Danganronpa: The Animation tonight, and I am really enjoying it so far. That being said, I was wondering about how long the playthrough is for the second game? Can I realistically finish in time for Dubbletalk, considering I work full time during the week? Lol I am skeptical.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=20855

Well, all said and done it's definitely gonna be a commitment. On the upside, you've got until August 10th. Besides I did give you an actual Let's Play to work with too, so yeah if you want to use that you can.

• @classyspartan:

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=20855

Well, all said and done it's definitely gonna be a commitment. On the upside, you've got until August 10th. Besides I did give you an actual Let's Play to work with too, so yeah if you want to use that you can.

Haha wow, you weren't kidding. That is quite the undertaking. As much as I want to play the game, I can't really see myself completing a 30+hour game that quickly, especially working and with the simulcast season now underway. I think you're probably right, I will have to go with the Let's Play to get finished in time. Even with that I think I am going to be cutting it close. Lol

I can see what you meant about the game being different from the anime, since I feel like with the anime, you are surprised by the turn of events, whereas in the game, you act in a more detective role yourself, and you put the puzzle pieces together to figure out the next twist.

• If you haven't caught up with Danganronpa yet, the Let's Play videos classyspartan posted on here are awesome. They are just the games with no commentator voice over, which I always find distracting in these kinds of videos when I am actually trying to pay attention to the story. These are amazing games that are really fun to watch. If you are wanting to catch up in time for Danganronpa 3 on Dubbletalk in 3 or 4 weeks, then this is the best quickest way to get it done! The Danganronpa series is really awesome, you have to check it out for yourself! The links are up above in classyspartan's post. Just look through that user's video playlists to find each specific game.

Can't always have access to the internet to watch them? Use KeepVid to download them to your computer and transfer them to your phone, console, etc. That's what I have been doing and it has worked great.

• Haha Damn, for some reason, I really want these now. XD

Monokuma - (https://www.amazon.com/Dangan-Ronpa-Super-Danganronpa-Black/dp/B00LGEGWP6/ref=pd_sbs_21_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41iwOuviI2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL160_SR160%2C160&psc=1&refRID=2260SBCB05SR174KT1WZ)

Monomi - (https://www.amazon.com/Anime-Danganronpa-Cartoon-Monomi-Plush/dp/B014VXEPX4/ref=pd_sim_21_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=31C-u7IilSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL320_SR304%2C320&psc=1&refRID=NJ7VRYNJS4GAK2HREB6V)

What I find extremely funny is that Monomi is listed on Amazon as Kid's Toys and Early Development Toys. Haha If they only knew they truth… of this killing high school! What despair they would be filled with... Lol But yeah, I am addicted to Danganronpa now, I am just about done with the second game, then I am going try to get through Ultra Despair Girls this weekend before the Danganronpa 3 dub premieres next week.

• I just finished Danganronpa 2!! It was amazing! I cannot even believe what I just saw. Lol The writing on this game is just incredible. I'll go as far as to say this is a masterpiece.

! The twists at the end of the game were so good, I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time. The most suspenseful game I've ever played! And such a good ending too. The entire franchise is just amazing. I am really excited to see Despair arc now that I have an idea what it will be about.
    ! I did have a bit of question though, were the events of the first game inside the Neo World Program as well, or was that only in the second game?

Danganronpa is my new favorite game for sure! Such a great series! Alright, time to get through Ultra Despair Girls in one weekend! Here we go Lol

• Holy crap, you actually DID IT! I'm proud of you dude. To answer your question there nubguy:

! The events of the first game did in fact actually happen. That was real life, and all of the students that died and the consequences and ramifications that they implemented were in fact real. Only Danganronpa 2's story was told in the Neo World Program.

Also if I may offer one quick bit of advice for you….I won't tell you that you NEED to play it, as it is a side game and a COMPLETELY different genre/style of game, but I advice even if slightly, reading up a little on Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls.

Also, this may disappoint you but let me tell you that while the majority of the actors from the 2nd game were able to repreise their roles a select few were unable to return for various reasons. Those characters being Fuyuhiko, Peko, Ibuki, Gundham and Akane. I thought I would at least inform you of that. Fuyuhiko, for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc will be played by Aaron Dismuke, who you will probably know as Leonardo Watch from Blood Blockade Battlefront.

• @classyspartan:

Holy crap, you actually DID IT! I'm proud of you dude. To answer your question there nubguy:

! The events of the first game did in fact actually happen. That was real life, and all of the students that died and the consequences and ramifications that they implemented were in fact real. Only Danganronpa 2's story was told in the Neo World Program.

Also if I may offer one quick bit of advice for you….I won't tell you that you NEED to play it, as it is a side game and a COMPLETELY different genre/style of game, but I advice even if slightly, reading up a little on Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls.

Also, this may disappoint you but let me tell you that while the majority of the actors from the 2nd game were able to repreise their roles a select few were unable to return for various reasons. Those characters being Fuyuhiko, Peko, Ibuki, Gundham and Akane. I thought I would at least inform you of that. Fuyuhiko, for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc will be played by Aaron Dismuke, who you will probably know as Leonardo Watch from Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Haha I know, right? Thanks man! I was starting to wonder if I would make it in time! Lol But it was totally worth it.

! Okay, cool. Then let me see if I've got this right. So, in the first one, Makoto and friends, graduates of Hope's Peak Academy, were subjected to the killing school life by Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Despair. After defeating her and breaking out, they joined up with the Future Foundation. Then, in the second game, when they took in the 15 survivors of the Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy, who turned out to be the Remnants of Despair, they put them into the Neo World Program to try and help them out, but the virus left by Junko messed it all up. It is so awesome that they were able to tell this story with all new characters, and yet make it relate directly back to the first game. Learning all about the origins of the Tragedy and of the worst most despair inducing event was fascinating.

Well, I decided to give Ultra Despair Girls a try even though it is very different, and I actually really like it! I was kind of hoping that they might expand the universe with other games, and I think a different genre of game gives them a good opportunity to show what else is going on, other than just at Hope's Peak Academy.

! Also, so cool that it is about Makoto's sister! I was totally surprised by that! Lol And seeing Nagito and some of the other characters is really cool too. I have a feeling that the new game, Danganronpa V3, will further expand on the universe, even though it is not about the same characters as far as I know. Honestly, the plot twists and turns they've come up with for these games are amazing. The world they've created is so rich, and full of stories waiting to be told. I really appreciate you turning me on to this series, as I might not have checked it out otherwise. It has easily become one of my favorite series of all time. So thanks! Haha

Ah, that is too bad. I really liked the voice actors for the second game. I suppose I will have to get used to it, but it might be kind of strange at first. I am not sure if I can see Aaron Dismuke pulling off Fuyuhiko quite as well as the original VA. How did you feel when you transitioned from the first game to the animation, since they changed the VA's for that one too, right?