Custom BBcodes (HTML included)

• The following bbcodes should be included:

Notes

Notes that can only be seen when editing the post

BBCode Usage:
    [note]{TEXT}[/note]

HTML Replacement:

Background colour

Changes the background to the specified colour.

BBCode usage:
    [bgcolor={COLOR}]{TEXT}[/bgcolor]

HTML replacement:
    {TEXT}

Rainbow Text

Changes text to rainbow text

Helpline:
    Rainbow: [rainbow]Text here[/rainbow]

BBcode usage:
    [rainbow]{SIMPLETEXT}[/rainbow]

HTML replacement:

!
    Currently I'm working on a HTML script so people can play Magic: The Gathering here in the forum. When it's done I'll post the code here in the suggestion box

• Outright HTML code on forums is a horrible idea… say byby to your security, and hello malware.

Now, although it is true this site does not have all BBCODE enabled, the need for such needs to be considered individually. Indeed, when this website gets a new forum in September supposedly, we shall see what it can do. Until such time, I would suggest you wait, it is so...

• @thegrandalliance:

Outright HTML code on forums is a horrible idea… say byby to your security, and hello malware.

Now, although it is true this site does not have all BBCODE enabled, the need for such needs to be considered individually. Indeed, when this website gets a new forum in September supposedly, we shall see what it can do. Until such time, I would suggest you wait, it is so...

I don't think why you get I put the HTML here; It was so it would be easier for the web admin to add these new BBcodes. I did not intent for it to cause problems (and it won't), I just put it there for convenience.

I'll take your advice and wait for september.

• I prefer uniform colors in all posts, it's easier on the eyes.

• I think the notes one can already be done, just in a hacky way like so:

Randomized text color doesn't seem very useful to me, and in most scenarios would make the text more difficult to read. It could pick nothing but gray-ish colors or light pastels. We already have colored text options. And for the background color I'd rather have the site's style layout handle that as random boxes of colors don't look very good, at all.

(just an example from many years past on another forum)