2016 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 2: Group 9

• Son Hak - Yona of the Dawn
    Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia
    Kuranosuke Koibuchi - Princess Jellyfish
    Dessler/Desslok - Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers

Don't forget to post your extra vote!

• Hak for both votes

• Double to Kuranosuke.

• I know Hak likely has an uphill battle since he does look like the "typical harem pretty boy" to those that have no seen Yona of the Dawn, but allow me a moment to explain why I nominated him for this tournament.

I will admit when I started this show, I was expecting a typical reverse harem and at first, did not even really plan on watching past the first episode (I try to watch the first episodes of each show each season to see if there is anything that I may miss out on, and fortunately I do because at first glace Yona seemed like a pass) and the ending of episode 1 was enough to keep me around. With the twist, and how intriguing Hak was.

Hak is brave, loyal, intelligent, witty and basically everything that I, personally, consider to be manly.

He sticks with the princess after she finds herself tossed in a situation far beyond his control, even though it pits him directly against a man that he considers to be his best friend, and it's not for the typical shoujo reasons of "twoo love!"

Hak was extremely loyal to the original king, a man that many saw as weak and a fool, but Hak whole heartedly believed to be a good king who wanted nothing more then peace for his people. He managed to look past the surface and see the person underneath who, although we know now that he wasn't a great ruler, was a good, well intentioned person who received a fate he did not deserve. So he devotes himself to saving the kingdom, as well as protecting his childhood friend and heir to the throne and helping anyone who needs it.

Hak has shown multiple times that he is fully willing to place his life on the line for his morals, and he has the ability to fight for what he believes. Although the show has a number of characters with supernatural abilities, Hak shows that he can rise through the ranks and become one of the most powerful based on training as well as some natural abilities without any supernatural powers.

He not only believes in defending Yona with his life but also grants her the tools to help herself, teaching her to become her own person so she can on day become the kind of leader the kingdom needs and grow beyond the Princess she was before the series starts.

Both of my votes go to Hak.

• Double to Deku.

That kid deserves to go FAR in this tournament.

• Izuku is one of the best written and developed Shonen anime heroes I have ever seen. He also to me is a perfect balance of what anyone can enjoy in a character who is a protagonist. He isn"t strong and overpowered but he is neither weak nor helpless. He is cute and precious but also tough and confident in himself. He is emotional yet also willing to put himself on the line, do the right thing. He does not rush recklessly into fights, yet he is willing to rush in and do the right thing when no one else would. He is smart, calculating, and his abilities naturally progress and develop along with his character and his development throughout the series. He is the greatest underdog story I think I have ever seen written, and he is a character that every time I see him work hard and succeed, it makes me smile and feel like I too can accomplish my goals.

He risks his life to save others, a true heroic feat that not many others seem willing to do even when they have the power. He is selfless, kind, strong-willed, hardworking and quite intelligent, thoughtful, and overall kind of a badass when he really needs to be.

I think the scene that truly sold me on Izuku as a character, outside of the moment where he rushes in to save Bakugo from the Sludge Monster, was where, after 10 months of intensive, rigorous, and almost destructive personal training under All Might, he manages to finish at the last possible minute, cleaning everything up in its entirety, and then, shirtless, sweaty, and very tired, stands atop a tower of trash, screaming at the coming sunset.

And that's why Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, still gets my full support, and both votes.

• I'm sorry Hak. I am so sorry Deku. But i'm giving both of my votes to Kuranosuke.

• Poll vote goes to Izuku Midoriya, extra vote goes to Son Hak.

• Poll vote: Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia

Posted vote: Son Hak - Yona of the Dawn

• Post to Son Hak - Yona of the Dawn.

• double vote Izuku Midoriya

• Both votes to Kuranosuke. Hak is pretty great, but I really like Kuranosuke's confidence.

• Extra Vote to Hak

• Sorry Kuranosuke… Both votes to Hak.

• Hak <3

Currently he has 12 votes (If I counted correctly) and Izuku has 14 votes. This is so nerve racking…..