Okay, I Will Admit: FUNI SUMMER Is Even Worse Then I Thought…

• … I was holding out against hope, but even with 10343434 titles this FUNI Summer 2016 season, still nothing. The closest may be "Love Live Sunshine", but yet IDK... that show seems very distant/generic from what I have seen thus far. At least the main character is; some of the secondary ones, some hope it is so.

Alas, perhaps some of you could "enlighten" me further... as indeed, if I was about to (re)subscribe to FUNImation for the simulcasts about now, I would be seriously rethinking that decision. Good thing I got a small backlog for now... it will keep me occupied until "I leave this world": Fall better not be this horrible.

Now IDK who I should be blaming, FUNI or Japan for making the generic nonsense. "FIND THE ONE FOR YOU...": If I have to do searching for something (as if it is not already self-evident), the battle is already lost. INdeed, as I cannot "cheerlead" any of these titles this season, they simply aren't even worth the effort.

This season can be summed up as:

Yaoi
    Vampire Stuff
    More Yaoi
    Random バカ (stupid) Girls; Kids
    Useless Meccha Series
    Video Game based Anime; who's overall quality is waaay waaay past toleration
    Even More Yaoi
    More Vampire Stuff
    and OnePiece... plz no....

...as "You Shouldn't Be Watching" this season, it is so indeed...

• What do you mean by season??? Just watch the anime one it comes on TV… -_- There some very good anime to pick from... :)

• Talking about the subscription service here. I Forget you are not a subscriber, you only watch TOONAMI and stuff. Bunch of new stuff came out this last week, they are probably not free yet.

Use this blog post as a guide:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/23/summer-2016-simulcasts-round-one-find-the-one-for-you/

And, no nothing good on TV at moment. But then again, me not DBZ fan either. Akame ga kill was last good show on Adult Swim, for me at least.

• I am going to agree with you here. I generally think this was pretty bad anime season so I don't blame it entirely on FUNi but CR definitely got the more entertaining or interesting titles imo (Orange., Mob Psycho 100, 91 Days, Days, sweetness and lightning, ReLife and others.) In another post you were lamenting the whole yaoi thing, I don't think any titles this season are expressly yaoi at least not now but the fujoshi in Japan and here are definitely having a good season. CR is literally simulcasting a show called "The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi," which could be gay in the future episodes idk. The problem is that these shows are bland. Nothing is as entertaining or trying as hard to be good as Free! or Classmates (which I haven't seen but heard was great.)

For FUNi, I sorta like the Saiki K. show maybe I'll like it more when the whole episode's out, I haven't given Sunshine!! and Cheer Boys!! a chance but I will, waiting for DR even though I've only see the first anime but it looks interesting, Arslan and Tales (maybe) when they're dubbed and that's about it for me.

I haven't finished either but if you liked Akame maybe try Future Diary? Hopefully that recommendation isn't too off.

• @vhernandez:

I haven't finished either but if you liked Akame maybe try Future Diary? Hopefully that recommendation isn't too off.

A bit, at least according to the Wikipedia very lengthily plot summary. But no matter… once I finish up "Twin Tail" and the current Fairy Tail Dubs; I still have the ;gate series left, and maybe, just maybe, think about Black Lagoon.

But I only have a month left on this world, so IDK how much I will get through, in either case...

• Sunshine is the only thing I'm watching this season, and probably that only because I play the game. I like yaoi/bishounen things, but… not when they're about normal guys playing sports. I like it when it's about princes in beautiful clothes piloting mecha.

Oh wait, there's that Scared Rider thing... that sounds interesting.

• Well I'm still waiting for some of the other stuff… but seriously... I agree... so far only one thing has caught my attention and that's Zestiria.

Its like all the other channels got the good anime this time around...

I haven't seen SERVAMP or DGrayman Hollow yet so we'll have to see.

The rest of it is just too Yaoi oriented for me...

• Tales of (the game) was pretty boring, so I'm not sure the anime could be much better.

• @otakudsks:

Tales of (the game) was pretty boring, so I'm not sure the anime could be much better.

Indeed, as the only Tales game worth its weight (no, not stupid kiddie Symphonia) was "Tales of Phantasia". That game is Legendary… used to be a FUNi title as well, but IDK what happened to it. I did buy the DVD, so me is good of course.

• Funimation has both D.Gray-Man hallow and Tales so they win me. Also Servamp is quite good and I'm waiting on Handa-kun.

• Haven't really watched anything yet, since I'm a little behind on this season, but id just like to say that there isn't any Yaoi this season. Certainly a good deal more fujoshi bait/pandering than usual, but no Super Lovers, Love Stage, or Junjou Romantica type shows this season

• Well, that's certainly your opinion and you're entitled to it. And it's true that there are a number of shows on both here and CR that aren't worth bothering with, and CR definitely got the lion's share of the good shows (Orange, ReLIFE, momokuri for starters), but Funi has a few legitimately good titles as well, such as Planetarian, B-Project, and Hatsukoi Monster. Cheer Boys could also be interesting, simply because it's a little outside the usual fare. Now, ZechS is crap, Pazudora Cross is only for the same kids who like Beyblade, Yugioh, and so forth, and even CR has managed to pick up THE single most embarrassing thing going this summer (that godawful softcore mecha-girl thing shudder)

But you also need to keep in mind that this is the summer anime season and, well…summer isn't the season Japanese producers want to premiere their "good" stuff. Kinda like how it is in America...ever watch network TV in America during the summer? It's when they dump all the crap they don't really want to take a chance on.

Still, there's a lot of good things to watch this summer. If they're not your cup of tea, that's fine, but I think you're being a bit harsh.

• @Getchman:

Haven't really watched anything yet, since I'm a little behind on this season, but id just like to say that there isn't any Yaoi this season. Certainly a good deal more fujoshi bait/pandering than usual,

Yeah but that's pretty much the same thing…

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of dudes act like women on a cheerleading squad...

Or better yet... a bunch of boy Idols interacting with one another... in a "friendly" way... Yeah that's your answer...

That said... Funi pulled a bunch of surprise moves JUST recently.... over what they had previously advertised... so theres more titles NOT Yaoi oriented than they previously claimed...

They just threw in Planetarium which is probably one of the most pure Sci-Fi theme's I've seen in a long time.

I did check out SERVAMP and its not bad but does kind of move into a little bit of that territory, but at least its not a bunch of dudes running out and trying to act like women on a cheerleader squad... DGrayman... I'm too used to the Dub so I'll wait to check out the dub because the sub voices just don't fit in my head, and kind of grate on me currently.

Funi did manage to pull some serious blockbuster quality in terms of Xestiria... which is seriously catching fire everywhere...

Not sure what to make of... Scar-red Rider XechS yet.. I'll need more episodes before I decide... same with Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars... the first episode was pretty cool actually... but it seem to be floating in Limbo as to what it currently is.

• @Phoenixus:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of dudes act like women on a cheerleading squad…

Or better yet... a bunch of boy Idols interacting with one another... in a "friendly" way

• Seems fine to me. During Spring, only shows I was excited for were My Hero Academia and rest of Assassination Classroom. And then I also enjoyed You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online.

This season I'm excited for Danganronpa 3, Tales of Zestiria the X, D.Gray-Man Hallow, Planetarian, Handa-kun. And am interested in Servamp, Disastrous Life, Heroic Legend, First Love Monster.

• @Phoenixus:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of dudes act like women on a cheerleading squad…

Or better yet... a bunch of boy Idols interacting with one another... in a "friendly" way... Yeah that's your answer...

You do realize that there IS a market of female anime fans who totally watch and enjoy this stuff right. Might not be your cup of tea, and I know it's not mine either, but it appeals to someone out there.

Hell every single genre of anime has its own appeal and audience in mind. May not be yours per se but everyone's got their own things that they like. Some people might love fanservice stuff, others might hate it and not get it. Same idea basically.

Regardless I'm more or less waiting for everything to come out before I decide which ones I wanna stick with and which ones I will end up skipping out on.

• @classyspartan:

You do realize that there IS a market of female anime fans who totally watch and enjoy this stuff right. Might not be your cup of tea, and I know it's not mine either, but it appeals to someone out there.

Hell every single genre of anime has its own appeal and audience in mind. May not be yours per se but everyone's got their own things that they like. Some people might love fanservice stuff, others might hate it and not get it. Same idea basically.

Regardless I'm more or less waiting for everything to come out before I decide which ones I wanna stick with and which ones I will end up skipping out on.

Yep. Let's not forget that Free was a huge hit. ;) I'm sure there's a market for these all-guy cast shows.

• Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of inanimate objects personified as anime girls

• @Riles:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of inanimate objects personified as anime girls

• @Riles:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of inanimate objects personified as anime girls

What is "animate"? What is "inanimate"? Indeed, such concepts are but false delusions of superiority over space-time. Humans like to think themselves as "Arbitrators of Truth"; when in reality, they are simply a bunch of misinteracting sub-atomic particles.

…as I do believe our fellow FUNI employees are experiencing this first-hand at this very moment; do take care, as Anime isn't worth your life, at least not yet...

• @thegrandalliance:

What is "animate"? What is "inanimate"?

Non-living I believe. And I do believe we refer to things as "life as we know it."