2016 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 2: Group 3

• Kanji Tatsumi - Persona 4: The Animation
    Ryoma Terasaka - Assassination Classroom
    Levi - Attack on Titan
    Klaus von Reinherz - Blood Blockade Battlefront

Don't forget to post your extra vote!

• Double votes to Kanji.

• Poll vote goes to Klaus von Reinherz, extra vote goes to Levi.

• Levi gets both votes

• Double vote to Levi

• Levi's a DICK.

Double votes to the TRUE gentleman, Klaus von Reinherz.

Like, I know Levi's "cool" and all, but… If you honestly think he's "manlier" than Klaus?

I'd... honestly take a closer look at things. Klaus honestly has him beat on pretty much every level. :hmm:

• Poll vote goes to Klaus, posted vote goes to Kanji.

• Posted vote goes Klaus von Reinherz.

• Posted vote goes to Klaus Von Reinherz

• Post Kanji.

• Poll vote: Levi - Attack on Titan

Posted vote: Klaus von Reinherz - Blood Blockade Battlefront

• I'll admit, I have not watch Blood Blockade Battlefront yet HOWEVER I do feel the need to defend Levi, since although he does have a rough exterior he is certainly not a "dick"

!
    He grew up a lower class citizen, no even allowed above the surface and barely able to see the sun, people around him dying left, right and center. So he decides to do what he can to help the people he cares about who are living in squalor and dying from deficiencies due to their enviroment.
    ! Then he gets them above ground and what happens? They die. Terribly.
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV9AYdEUIHU
    ! He forces himself to move on. He builds a new family, a team he truly care about. In the first scene we really see him in, he is kicking ass and taking names, defending his team and when one dies (Terribly), he shows true grief and remorse.
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GUeizCI_x8
    ! Does that seem like the actions of a "dick"?
    ! He does everything he can to defend those he cares about and what happens.
    ! They all die. Terribly.
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CaEvON5IM
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhV7reDG3Y
    ! Does that look like a man who does not care about his squad?
    ! There is little more manly then someone who shows that level of devotion to his team to me.

Sure, he may be a bit salty, but if everyone you cared about died repeatedly, you might get a bit salty too. He does what he needs to survive, and try to keep others alive too. It's not a world where you can coddle, he doesn't have fancy superpowers (Well, arguably), he's got to use the skill he has to keep everything going.

• That's a mighty fine argument you got there, Emdier. But allow me to counter that with what I've already posted regarding Klaus:

There are oh so many reasons why you should vote for Klaus.

There's his gentlemanly demeanor. His friendly disposition. His polite conduct. His dapper and elegant sense of style.

There's also his fearlessless. His bravery. His self-sacrificing attitude. His sheer brute strength and technique.

He has fought in cage matches against enemies much larger than himself, defeated armies of well-armed soldiers with a single blow, and even managed to defeat nearly invincible elder breed vampires with but an utterance of their name.

But no. The single MANLIEST of all of Klaus' moments has to be in episode 3: The Prosfair game.

In this episode, Klaus has to play a chess game for a whopping 99 hours. Do any of you know how long that really is? That's 4 full days and then some. That means he has to stay up for 4 days with no food, water, or sleep while staying alert enough to keep playing the game at his full ability.

And this is no ordinary chess. This is Prosfair, an alien/demon variation of the game, where the better you are at it, the more complicated it gets. So complicated, in fact, that it starts affecting you both mentally and physically, sapping your strength, life force, and sanity all at once. And his opponent is an immortal creature from the alterworld who has had literal aeons to perfect the game.

Klaus' goal is not to win the game; oh no, trying to checkmate his opponent would result in his loss and impending death. His struggle is to hold out for the full 99 hours without losing OR winning, as that would result in a draw and be the only way to save his own life.

And why does he do this? Why does he agree to play this deadly game for this insanely long period of time?

To save the life of a single man. A man who, shortly beforehand, asked to have Klaus killed. Klaus is so ultimately selfless that he'd risk his own life to save the life of a man that would be his enemy.

Now THAT… is MANLY.

And believe it or not.... He does all of that WITHOUT punching Eren's teeth out in a public court in front of hundreds of people. ~_^

• Both votes to Klaus.

• Poll vote goes to Klaus, extra vote goes to Kanji Tatsumi

• Klaus does sound cool, but like I said, I haven't seen his show yet and I do find Levi to be a manly character.

@SpacemanHardy:

And believe it or not…. He does all of that WITHOUT punching Eren's teeth out in a public court in front of hundreds of people. ~_^

But the reason why he did it made sense. What better to show that someone is in at least some measure of control of their abilities, that he doesn't go berserk at the drop of a hat, then to beat him up and get away with it scott free? Let's face it, the people in that court room were not the sharpest tools in the shed, they needed a drastic display to make a point. People were terrified and terrified people are incredibly dumb. For coming up with a plan pretty quickly, it got the job done.

• Post to Ryoma Terasaka - Assassination Classroom.

• double vote Klaus

• Both votes for Kanji

• Levi gets my poll vote.
    Klaus gets my posted vote.

• Extra Vote to Klaus