Funimation, WHY YOU DO THIS?!?!

• The following rant is about:

Funi, NO. Just, NO! Saying this is like saying the hope of breaking free of England's bonds so that we can to rise up to create our own kind of government, one that gives the people their natural rights of freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness can never be achieved. The hopes that drive our solemn belief that we will never be slaves, deprived of our natural rights but soldiers that fought, battled, and died not only for the rights of freedom, liberty, and happiness but for posterity to come, will never come true. Our current soldiers fight with the burning thought to save our fellow kind, just as their predecessors before who stayed loyal to George Washington. It was these soldiers who fought through the rest of the war, hoping to give all posterity the right to rise from their deathbeds and, at least one more time, let them joyously shout, "I'm alive…finally! I'm alive! Thank you, for I can finally rise and walk, for I am no longer beaten down by binding chains, for I am now awake and free!"
    But Funi, to show this mocking symbol – no, disgrace to the American public -- well there's no better way to put it then to say "Off with your heads! For you have started a war! You have just disgraced the American motto

! Do I really care? Meh.
    I'm I bored? You could say that…
    (Also, I kinda copy and pasted this from an essay that I wrote 2 weeks ago on Valley Forge, and if you want to check it out, here's a download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07377816908404746772)

• I'm confused on what you are trying to say here.

• @darthrutsula:

I'm confused on what you are trying to say here.

What do you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_0jXPuIr0

Because I don't know the question you're asking. If it's "what is this crap," then the answer is the result of boredom and American patriotism
    If that's not the question, could you clarify a little more?

• @SpacemanHardy:

Truly spoken my friend. Truly spoken.

! I'm laughing my guts out right now

• @darthrutsula:

I'm confused on what you are trying to say here.

Okay I'll rephrase what I'm asking to be more elaborate.

I don't understand what you are saying because your diction is confusing in some places, not to mention the filler words you have there. The content of what you are saying is totally lost on me. I think you are saying that Funimation is pushing an American agenda to places not 'Murica. Are you complaining about a caricature of america hinted at with the (obviously) spartan angel person with his outstretched helping hand? What you wrote reads like a confusing paragraph about the revolutionary war.

• @darthrutsula:

… What you wrote reads like a confusing paragraph about the revolutionary war.

Because that's exactly what I had originally wrote it for. If you want to know the original work, then here:

With winter almost setting in and with the prospects for campaigning greatly diminishing, General George Washington sought quarters for his men. On December 19, 1777, Washington's poorly fed, ill-equipped army, exhausted from long marches, staggered into Valley Forge, with winds blowing as the 12,000 men-at-arms prepared for winter's fury. Only about one in three of them had shoes, and many of their feet had left bloody footprints in the snow. Blankets were scarce, tattered garments were seldom replaced, and clothing was also wholly inadequate. Furthermore, it was due to this that many wounded soldiers died because of these shortages, which caused a total of nearly 4,000 men to be listed as unfit for duty. Despite the harshness of Valley Forge, I would have stayed with the Continental Army for three reasons, the first being my patriotism and desire for freedom. The second reason is that I would have trusted my commander, General George Washington. Third reason would be my belief that the tides of the war would change, caused by the efforts of Baron Von Steuben.

The first reason for staying would have been my patriotic spirit. It would hurt more for my patriotism to be broken and bruised than to die by enemy hands, sickness, or bleeding out in the snow. According to Document C, Thomas Paine, in December of 1776, called the British reign tyranny, with its enforcement of the empire"s rules to be slavery. He called upon the soldiers to endure their suffering in order to achieve the goal of freedom. It appears that the soldiers believed Thomas Paine because according to Document A, of the 12,000 soldiers that arrived at Valley Forge, 4,000 died or ran away, but the remaining 8,000 soldiers stayed to fight out the war.

The second reason would have been my loyalty to my devoted commander. Looking at the engraving by William Henry Powell in Document B, General Washington stands in the center of the engraving, proud to show his troops of untrained, undisciplined soldiers to the wealthy, stoic members of the congressional committee. The engraving shows that Washington was proud of his troops as well his troops showing their respect for him. Washington was incredibly concerned for his troops. He repeatedly begged for relief and supplies, which the Continental Congress "was unable to provide," continuing the army's suffering. So, it was on January 24, 1778, that five congressmen came to Valley Forge to examine the conditions of the Continental Army. Washington greeted them imperatively, saying, "Something must be done. Important alterations must be made." Washington informed them that he wanted to improve the horrible conditions running rampant at Valley Forge. After see the full extent of what was happening, the congressmen gave Washington the armaments and provisions necessary for his army to survive. Thus, the army's faith in General Washington was rewarded.

It was also loyalty to Washington that inspired Baron Van Steuben to give the troops necessary skills so that they would be properly trained. Steuben was willing to work with Washington as a volunteer "without rank or pay" to aid the Continental Army and to advance his career after being disgraced. This is shown in Document G, when Baron Von Steuben announces his intent to General Washington in a letter dated December 6, 1777. Von Steuben was tasked with developing and carrying out an effective training program. Over the course of a month, he tirelessly drilled the soldiers, improving their battle and formation techniques greatly. Washington, with heavy aid from von Steuben, made a professional, disciplined, unified, and efficient army out of the Continental troops. Von Steuben himself claimed that his "enterprise succeeded better than he had expected." This training improved the morale by generating the belief in the possibility of victory. This is why my fellow brothers and I would have been able to proceed into battle, with hopes of winning the war for our freedom.

In conclusion, I would have stayed with the Continental Army at Valley Forge for three reasons. The first would be hope in my commander, who stayed with me as long as I had known him, never turning a blind eye to the war's victims. Second would be the belief in my military training, giving me the right to think that freedom is possible. Third is my hope that freedom is possible and necessary. This last reason is the hope of breaking free of England's bonds so that we can to rise up to create our own kind of government, one that gives the people their natural rights of freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These hopes still drive our solemn belief that we will never be slaves, deprived of our natural rights but soldiers that fought, battled, and died not only for the rights of freedom, liberty, and happiness but for posterity to come. Our current soldiers still fight with this burning thought, justifying the soldiers of Valley Forge, who stayed loyal to George Washington. It was these soldiers who fought through the rest of the war, hoping to give all posterity the right to rise from their deathbeds and, at least one more time, let them joyously shout, "I'm alive…finally! I'm alive! Thank you, for I can finally rise and walk, for I am no longer beaten down by binding chains, for I am now awake and free!"

• Now I'm more confused, your OP reads like you are against patriotism but your essay, which I don't understand why I read it but w/e, speaks as though

! you had a prompt as a high school essay asking which side you'd choose in the revolution you are in favor of idealisitic crusades.

• @darthrutsula:

Now I'm more confused, your OP reads like you are against patriotism but your essay, which I don't understand why I read it but w/e, speaks as though

! you had a prompt as a high school essay asking which side you'd choose in the revolution you are in favor of idealisitic crusades.

Na, it was on Valley Forge, and if I was a soldier there would I have stayed or not

! I'm in 8th grade
    (but in a month I'll be in 9th)

• @alexios1:

I'm in 8th grade
    (but in a month I'll be in 9th)

Which explains the redundant logic, filler words and odd sentence structure in places. You may want to look through your last paragraph since that is where I get a little lost.

• I still don't understand what this has to do with the picture

• @darthrutsula:

Which explains the redundant logic, filler words and odd sentence structure in places. You may want to look through your last paragraph since that is where I get a little lost.

Wait seriously? Well that explains why I got a D- on it ;P
    Can you give me some more tips on how to improve it?

• @Riles:

Wait… what does this mean?

• @alexios1:

Second would be the belief in my military training, giving me the right to think that freedom is possible. Third is my hope that freedom is possible and necessary.

Same thing twice. The one in bold is a better statement.

@alexios1:

The first would be hope in my commander, who stayed with me as long as I had known him, never turning a blind eye to the war's victims.

Vague and implies you knew Washington.

@alexios1:

Steuben

@alexios1:

von Steuben

Pick one and the Von should be capital since its his title/name.

@alexios1:

12,000 soldiers that arrived at Valley Forge, 4,000 died or ran away, but the remaining 8,000 soldiers stayed to fight out the war.

You said 4000 died earlier in the essay, you don't need to repeat yourself.

@alexios1:

Washington greeted them imperatively, saying, "Something must be done. Important alterations must be made."

Personally I would avoid quoting a historical figure pre-recording devices.

Then there's parts where it looks like you were thinking a word too fast (something I fall victim to too) so you just skip something like: "After see the full extent…" And avoid filler words like "that" "was" or "thus" where you can. A good rule of thumb would be saying/reading it without the word, if it still works then you don't need it. The logic my teacher used was "How do you 'was' something? Are you wasing?" Something like that. It may be acceptable in primary schooling but in higher levels you shouldn't use fillers.

Something that has really helped me with my literary skills is reading in my spare time away from home. If you are a loner like I was in high school I would recommend reading some books, you'll be amazed how much you can get through. I think that as a high school senior I went through like 13 books.

Oh and rather than something like "ran away" roll with something like "deserted". May ruin your word count but it makes up in terms of specificity and allows you to stand out.

• @alexios1:

Wait… what does this mean?

Reposting something you wrote before for no particular reason

• So, Riles is also a forum troll? noted.

• I only react negatively to things I disagree with and react positively to things I agree with, so if you feel like I'm singling you out specifically, I'm not sure what to tell you

• @Riles:

I only react negatively to things I disagree with and react positively to things I agree with, so if you feel like I'm singling you out specifically, I'm not sure what to tell you

So you think that his thoughts on a foolish idealistic crusade are misplaced?

• I think he made a dumb, reposted joke about patriotism for a promo banner made by a person on an anime marketing team, if that's what you're trying to say