New details for Sunrise titles! (Code Geass and Escaflowne)

• This may have slipped under people's radar, but we have some good info to look out for!

First, Code Geass will be making its Blu-Ray debut in October. This is a long time coming, as it is now crazy hard to get the series legally. However, there are two questions I have. One, the picture dramas are confirmed for the release, so will the Turn ones be dubbed? Two…. WHERE IS AKITO THE EXILED??? (I would imagine soon if this is coming out, but...)

Second, Escaflowne will finally get released, also in October. Beyond the Blu-Ray and the new dub, there will also be a Kickstarter edition.

So what do you think? Excited? Or are you just waiting for Outlaw Star?

• Picture dramas, Audio dramas, Akito.

Box art is underwhelming. I don't know, it doesn't seem to be giving the series the dignity it deserves. Look at the Japanese bluray sets for what I mean by "dignity".

I hate to be that person and say I'm disappointed, but…

edit: Japanese box art

!
    It's not a spoiler unless you explain why he's wearing that.
    Which… actually might be with they didn't give him the sort of shiny accessory I'd love to see him in. Hm. Just thought of that.

Edit2: Okay, on third thought,

a) he does look really elegant and pretty on that box (those hips <3)
    b) the inner case pictures leave a lot to be desired, but those art cards. I will be framing some of those. You can never have enough of the one with Suzaku with the wings and chains, the one with Lelouch with the finger jewelry, and the one with the two of them together. Downside is that only one of the many that CLAMP drew with them together is included there. But if they had to pick one, they chose the second best one. The best one is the cover of Mutuality.

Actually, I'm not sure, they one they picked might be better.

This one. They look more unified. Like, the Mutuality one is the way they are for most of the series, but this one is the way they could have been.

Edit 3: Yeah, wait, they didn't pick, those are just the R2 ending song ones. Okay, I was expecting more art that just those, but okay. At least they didn't fill it out with a bunch of dumb ones. I feel like if they did choose which ones to do, they'd have picked badly. So that's probably better.

Still. They could have at least included something more than just the R2 ending ones…

• It is exciting that we're finally getting the releases, I originally debated buying the new ones buuuuuuuut I got my original copies signed by Johnny Yong Bosch this weekend so those definitely aren't going anywhere now.

• You lucky….......

• Excited for this! And soon all I will see people say is, "WHERE IS AKITO THE EXILE?" and "WHERE IS OUTLAW STAR?" and once those are resolved, all the complaints I hear about the Sunrise titles will come to an end.

• Like I said, Akito the Exiled will probably be announced soon if they are announcing these releases. Maybe even tomorrow?

• @Gemnist:

This may have slipped under people's radar, but we have some good info to look out for!

First, Code Geass will be making its Blu-Ray debut in October. This is a long time coming, as it is now crazy hard to get the series legally. However, there are two questions I have. One, the picture dramas are confirmed for the release, so will the Turn ones be dubbed? Two…. WHERE IS AKITO THE EXILED??? (I would imagine soon if this is coming out, but...)

Second, Escaflowne will finally get released, also in October. Beyond the Blu-Ray and the new dub, there will also be a Kickstarter edition.

So what do you think? Excited? Or are you just waiting for Outlaw Star?

Do we have a SOURCE!? Also what about the Code Geass OVA??? Doi we know who is dubbing it and who coming back for though OVAS?

• @gohan6425:

Do we a a SOURCE!? Also what about the Code Geass OVA??? Doi we know who is dubbing it and who coming back for though OVAS?

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/03/code-geass-is-returning-to-home-video/

There's your source. Basically the most information we know right now is that Code Geass is coming back in print on October 4th, and that there's gonna be hours of extras, including interesting enough, the Picture Dramas.

As for Akito the Exiled, that info is still unknown at this time.

• @classyspartan:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/03/code-geass-is-returning-to-home-video/

There's your source. Basically the most information we know right now is that Code Geass is coming back in print on October 4th, and that there's gonna be hours of extras, including interesting enough, the Picture Dramas.

As for Akito the Exiled, that info is still unknown at this time.

Picture Dramas though was only English for Season 1 though? So are that English Dubbing Season 2 of Picture Dramas?

• That remains to be seen, and it's the big question I have right now.

• Just to be clear, here is what we know so far:

• We DO know that both seasons of the original Code Geass series will be released on October 4. You can buy them together in a special collector's set, or separately in two standard bluray or DVD sets.
    • We DO know that the release will contain the Japanese voice actor commentaries, the English voice actor interviews, and the picture dramas (at least for season 1).
    • We DO NOT know if the release will contain the picture dramas for season 2.
    • We DO know that they will not be re-dubbing the series.
    • We DO NOT know when the Akito the Exiled release will be coming out.
    • We DO NOT know whether or not the Akito the Exiled OVAs will be dubbed with any of the returning cast or not.
    • We DO NOT know if Funimation has licensed the Black Rebellion, Zero Requiem, or Nunnally in Wonderland OVAs at all.

I am working on an official FAQ that I will keep updated as we learn more information. As of now, this is all we know.

• will they be streaming tn october

• @torker666:

will they be streaming tn october

Most likely they will be. But It would be safer to say we don't know.

Lucky Star, another title rescued at the same time as Geass and Haruhi, at least has its first few episodes up for streaming on the site (but not the apps I might add) but since its Blu-ray release is a week or two from now but the streaming episodes and stuff aren't on the site's schedule, it may be better to wait till then till we can say with decent certainty about the streaming.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Just to be clear, here is what we know so far:

• We DO know that both seasons of the original Code Geass series will be released on October 4. You can buy them together in a special collector's set, or separately in two standard bluray or DVD sets.
    • We DO know that the release will contain the Japanese voice actor commentaries, the English voice actor interviews, and the picture dramas (at least for season 1).
    • We DO NOT know if the release will contain the picture dramas for season 2.
    • We DO know that they will not be re-dubbing the series.
    • We DO NOT know when the Akito the Exiled release will be coming out.
    • We DO NOT know whether or not the Akito the Exiled OVAs will be dubbed with any of the returning cast or not.
    • We DO NOT know if Funimation has licensed the Black Rebellion, Zero Requiem, or Nunnally in Wonderland OVAs at all.

I am working on an official FAQ that I will keep updated as we learn more information. As of now, this is all we know.

Well I pretty sure that not redubbing it due to the that state in the blog that it the OLD English Dub there using… So I pretty if the old dub coming back season 1 and 2 there is no point in redubbing it if you rereleased the old English dub there NOT going to be a new English dub... But that really the only we can said for SURE right now... But all the other question help me out Spaceman as I plan I making video on this soon... As the WHOLE reasoning I join this forums site was to found out when Code Geass would come back in print! :)

• Lucky Star and Haruhi were the Otakon after Geass, Cowboy Bebop, and (afaik) the rest of the Sunrise titles.

Honestly… I might not be buying this. It depends on the price. I'm OBSESSED with the series, as you can probably tell, but you know, Japan hasn't stopped making premium figures. It's a publisher's job to make their collectors editions valuable to fans at that price - even if it's the show you love, it's not automatically worth it, compared to a premium figure around the same price. It will probably be at least the same price as one of these rock band AU figures (which usually go for ~$60) and I can't honestly say I would rather have that collectors' set than another one of these.

Though I will probably buy about ten of the regular editions and give them to people as gifts. And I will probably buy whatever collectors' edition of Akito they're going to put out, unless the dub isn't that good (but I have high hopes for it… and if the dub isn't good, I'd probably still want the FUNi edition, to switch to the dub for any of the Lelouch scenes because Johnny Yong Bosch can do no wrong).

But I will probably not pre-order this, in case something better comes out in Japan around September (which is the actual anniversary). They've already announced that there will be a 10th anniversary Ichiban Kuji, just no word yet on what's in it...

• I'm pretty excited even though I've never seen Code Geass or Escaflowne. I know they're both highly regarded and if the price is right I would like to pick the Blu-rays up.

• Same here, can't wait be weird only having the new dub but I think I can get used to it.

• So if im reading right the code geass dub is just gonna be the original stereo mix? That kinda sucks if so but it is what it is. Still really excited to be able to own this on blu ray finally.

• @bigdogjsapp:

So if im reading right the code geass dub is just gonna be the original stereo mix? That kinda sucks if so but it is what it is. Still really excited to be able to own this on blu ray finally.

What do you mean???? Bandai USED the Japan Music… -_-

• I meant in the release it stated that there will be a new 5.1 surround mix that was largely redone in japan but im guessing that is sub only and we are just getting the original dub in stereo that was on the old bandai releases

• @bigdogjsapp:

I meant in the release it stated that there will be a new 5.1 surround mix that was largely redone in japan but im guessing that is sub only and we are just getting the original dub in stereo that was on the old bandai releases

I don't get what you mean nor what the differents is?