Sentai announces seven new dubs

• This expo just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? Here are new shows that are getting dubbed, probably to counter Crunchyroll:

Ushio & Tora
    GATE
    Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
    Himōto! Umaru-chan
    Amagi Brilliant Park
    Monster Musume
    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Now we just need Haikyu… and Shirobako... and tons of other shows...

• Good choices, and I'm ESPECIALLY happy to see that Ushio & Tora got confirmed for a dub too. A lot of these other titles seemed popular enough to guarantee a dub, and Ushio & Tora was the only one that seemed like a 50/50 shot for me. That's one I'm REALLY happy to see confirmed for dub status. Great show, maybe if all goes well that'll be good for Toonami. Hell, even GATE or Food Wars (yes, seriously) might be able to work too.

Rest were all big but I'm glad we have full confirmation now. Only one I think I was a little sad not to see listed was School-Live, as that's another underrated favorite of mine that I was really hoping to see get confirmed. Maybe it's still got a chance, but I'm less sure about that.

Regardless, good to see Sentai dubbing some good and interesting shows.

• Woah dude GATE is getting a dub now that is cool. Definitely would be better with dub imo.

• @nubguy:

Woah dude GATE is getting a dub now that is cool. Definitely would be better with dub imo.

Hmm, for me it's whoever they get to play Rory, They have to be as good or better than Risa Taneda's performance, and honestly that's going to be a tough act to follow.

• There's another one. My Love Story will be getting a dub with Andrew Love in the lead role.

• Glad to see that Sentai is willing to do this much. Cuz most the time it seems like a dartboard situation. "We aren't gonna dub Rin-ne, the new series by the mastermind behind the hit series Inuyasha and Ramna 1/2. But we're totally gonna dub Cross Ange" that made no sense to me.

• When it comes to Sentai Filmworks, I'll be honest, I've been hesitant on getting their sub-only releases, with only the Di Gi Charat specials being obtained because I'm pretty sure there's no chance of them getting a dub.

The reason? I've noticed that they'll occasionally do rereleases of previously sub-only shows with new dubs. If I were to buy a sub-only release only to learn it got a dub later, then I'd feel a bit cheated because because I didn't wait.

Now, I'm aware of the Sentai dubs' general mixed reputation. Hell, I know my sister hated Clannad's dub to the point to where if she had to choose, she'd get sub-only.

But me? I still like having the option. And I'm generally pretty tolerant of cheesy voice acting. So at least I know to wait for these.

• I feel with your sister on the Clannad dub. I haven't even seen the show, but I heard one tiny clip in the dub and I vomited (it's in Glass Reflection's review of the show). But regardless of whether or not the show or the dub is good, I just prefer that all shows have dubs, as IMO that makes them complete. Hopefully they do such things with the shows I previously mentioned (and Golden Time, forgot to mention).

• I watched Clannad all the way through dubbed and really enjoyed it. I think the only issue some people may have is the casting.

• @unknownsage13:

I think the only issue some people may have is the casting.

Or the eyes that peer into my very soul, the reason why I didn't watch beyond 5 minutes.

• Holy… for like first time in human history, actually checked out Sentai's website and shows listing... Indeed, they have quite the selection...

...please don't tell me, if I want to watch Sentai streams, I have to use the vile CR......

• @thegrandalliance:

if I want to watch Sentai streams, I have to use the vile CR…

Only Sentai's subs not their dubs btw

• @vhernandez:

Only Sentai's subs not their dubs btw

NO, I mean all the stuff that is on the Sentai Filmworks website (like 40 pages of titles of like 4x4 I think), where is that stuff at? If I wanted to watch the streams of it, that is…

http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/shows

• Typically you can find Sentai Filmworks shows either on Crunchyroll, Hulu, or their more personal service called TheAnimeNetwork. However, if you find a show among their roster of titles that ACTUALLY catches your eye, here's something I recommend you use.

http://because.moe/

Basically that's site is a nice search service where you look up a show in their search engine and it will tell you EXACTLY where you can legally find what show for legal streaming. So you can use that to tell you what shows you can find to watch where. Hope that can help.

• Well, someone told me AnimeNetwork… seems to be "the easiest", but uses paypal, and the same price as FUNI -dubs. Which makes this complicated, because I dont' know whether I want to watch a dub/sub until I have seen it previously.

So complicated... but no matter. I won't be going into "TRAITOR" mode anytime soon, at least until Fall. If we get another busted season like Summer, well.............

"YOU WON'T BE WATCHING"...

I should check out niconico video, if they got any of these. But really have to know what I want, which makes it complicated...

• Wow…. those are actually all good ones... well ok I didn't like Monster Musemune as much but really... I loved The Gate... Umaru was pretty funny... Amagi Brilliant Park is of my favorites and hilarious... Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon just rocks too...

This is a smorgasbord of good anime.