Season 3-4, Episode 53+? Reason for it not airing?

• Does anyone know why Season 3-4 weren't made? Were they that bad that it was better to skip to season 5? I am happy that D.Gray-man is starting up again, I just have never seen a series do this before. If anyone is up to date with the manga and has information on it that would like to share, it would be much appreciated.

• Episodes 52-103 were made but for a while Funimation were not able able license those due to issues with Dentsu. THat all changed recently were Funimation announced that they have licensed those episodes.

• Sweet thank you for the info

• Yeah I just read a blog post that says they have acquired episodes 52-103 of d gray man and they are in the making. Ya Hooooooo!

• HOLY CRAP ITS INTENSE!!! wow I did not see this coming. Season 3-4 is freaking crazy intense, I don't know if I can handle season 5. I thought season 1-2 were just ok, felt like it was kinda kids stuff… but damn that is all out the window now.

• @aspringer:

P.S. I watched seasons 3-4 on a bad website if you don't mind viruses, let me know and ill send you the link. I don't recommend it because Funimation is getting it.

No. Do not do that. It is against the forum's Terms of Service to give out links to pirate websites even through private messages. If the higher-ups find out that you're doing so, you run the risk of having your account banned.

Like you said: It is a bad site full of viruses. Surely you don't want to run the risk of getting someone else's computer infected, do you? Especially when now we know for certain that the rest of the episodes are indeed coming.

• its sweet that they have it now but does anyone know when they'll be put the eps. 53+ up?

• @ryan101:

its sweet that they have it now but does anyone know when they'll be put the eps. 53+ up?

We don't know at this time. All we know is they are in fact coming eventually.

• sorry about that I was up for 2 days watching it and I think the lack of sleep and caffeine high really got to me lol

• @jlaking:

Episodes 52-103 were made but for a while Funimation were not able able license those due to issues with Dentsu. THat all changed recently were Funimation announced that they have licensed those episodes.

There is a God!!!!!!

I could kiss you right now, THANK YOU FUNIMATION STAFF I NEVER LOST HOPE!

• FYI for those who are waiting for DUB.
    The likely hood that the dub version is coming out is going to be around 6 month I would guess. Right now all that they have said is that the have officially acquired the licencing for the remaining episodes (52-103). Now the have to get, hopefully the original, dub team together to start of on this 51 episode project. Now keeping in mind that Funimation is awesome and they do weekly simulcasts dubbing (you know some of those original dub team is doing them too). So they are already busy as bees without this 51 episode project of awesome mind blowing D. Gray Man. But even before that Funimations' team is going to have to go through and edit each of the 51 episodes to make sure they won't get sued later for making D. Gray Man look bad (They damn better not… don't worry we trust you). With the editing of the episodes they have to chose to either stick with sub-titles that have been used in the past or have their trusted team of ant working translators make D. Gray Man a little more american. Then if all is well with the editing they need to make contracts with the DUB team that will do the voice acting. Once they have the team and the recording is under way it would take some time for 51 episodes to finish. Since these are old episodes that have been out for sometime, but the Millennium Earl horded for him self to see where he went wrong, they will probably all come out at once or be released 12 episodes at a time. The subtitle version with most likely come out way before the DUB like always. Don't be surprised with the first season of Hollow finishes before the sub of episode 52-103 are out.

P.S. I wanted to continue my weird rant on this and make is even better with my crazy thoughts. But my crazy mind set slipped from me and I don't remember the point I was making.

• For me there is no point in watching the new season until episodes 52-103 of the old season have aired so until that happens I won't be watching the new season. :(

• @Toolbot:

For me there is no point in watching the new season until episodes 52-103 of the old season have aired so until that happens I won't be watching the new season. :(

Yeah, I agree. I don't really see the point of watching the broadcast dub of a show when it is 50 episodes ahead on the story. I'll just wait until they finish releasing the rest.

• I am really glad I saw this. I always want to watch stuff from the licensee but I didn't know if season 3 was even licensed. Thanks for the helpful info. On a side note, is there a webpage that lists all the licenses that Funimation has? I have been looking for it when trying to figure out if season 3 was licensed, but my search prowess has failed me.

• @Honon:

I am really glad I saw this. I always want to watch stuff from the licensee but I didn't know if season 3 was even licensed. Thanks for the helpful info. On a side note, is there a webpage that lists all the licenses that Funimation has? I have been looking for it when trying to figure out if season 3 was licensed, but my search prowess has failed me.

Here ya go:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/30/d-gray-man-announcement-on-remaining-episodes/

• I am curious what most of you plan to do regarding D.Gray Man Hallow. Are you going to watch the broadcast dub and then go back to the older episodes later, or are you going to wait for the episodes to be released before watching Hallow?

I am trying to decide what do, but I'm not really sure which would be better.

• I'm just gonna roll with it. I may not know what's going on, but what the hell?

I can always go back later to fill in the gaps.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Here ya go:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/30/d-gray-man-announcement-on-remaining-episodes/

So, there is no list, you just find news stories in the discover tab? Thanks, I'll focus on that in the future.

And I am going to wait for the episodes to be released then go back and watch hollow. I hate seeing shows out of order.

• @Honon:

So, there is no list, you just find news stories in the discover tab? Thanks, I'll focus on that in the future.

And I am going to wait for the episodes to be released then go back and watch hollow. I hate seeing shows out of order.

Here's a list, though it doesn't fully account for partially-licensed shows such as D.Gray-Man

http://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/102/FUNimation_Entertainment

• @Riles:

Here's a list, though it doesn't fully account for partially-licensed shows such as D.Gray-Man

http://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/102/FUNimation_Entertainment

That list should probably be updated; I saw quite a few shows that Funimation no longer has the rights to.

• Wow, all of you guys are great. Thanks for helping me out on that. Yeah shows like Gray-man where only part was licensed really throw me for a loop.