Hello, Funimation People!

• I'm here because Funimation got the rights to Saiki Kusuo, and I really want to support that show so I read more of the manga translations or better yet, help bring the manga to america. Though I wonder if a short series like this will get a broadcast dub or not, I'm not sure.

Also I'm on MyAnimeList BTW.
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/UltimateScorpion

• Welcome UltScorpion ^^

• @UltScorpion:

I'm here because Funimation got the rights to Saiki Kusuo,

Interesting. Well if 1 human on Earth wants to see this show… perhaps I will at least check out some of the first episode...

• Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

If you enjoy Saiki Kusuo, perhaps you also might want to look into some of the other shows we have here on the site as well.

• Welcome to the forums!

• @thegrandalliance:

Interesting. Well if 1 human on Earth wants to see this show… perhaps I will at least check out some of the first episode...

Dude, I highly recommend the manga until then. Like I find the series to quite akin to One Punch Man and Sakamoto Desu Ga? in that both series deal with an overpowered protagonist and the comedy that comes with it.

The only things that I think I should warn you about is that it is a gag manga so it might not go beyond that, the anime as a result is also short-form with each episode being about 5 minutes too. I also think the only real problem the series has is that like Squid Girl, the series is carried solely by the main character and his interactions with other people. So if you don't like Saiki, then I think the series might not work.

Nonetheless, I really hope you like Saiki Kusuo since I really want it to become a sleeper hit.

@SpacemanHardy:

Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

If you enjoy Saiki Kusuo, perhaps you also might want to look into some of the other shows we have here on the site as well.

Yeah I kinda been meaning to shrink my "On Hold" and "Plan To Watch" pile but first I wanna finish a few things like the remaining shows on Netflix that I didn't finish or drop as well my Trigun DVD. So until then, I'll wait until Saiki Kusuo comes out and also I'll finish up Assassination Classroom with my dad.

• @UltScorpion:

Nonetheless, I really hope you like Saiki Kusuo since I really want it to become a sleeper hit.

…as long as it is not yet another Yaoi title, I will consider. This season has already, as I calculated on another thread, 26% of the titles as Yaoi for FUNimation, as it were...

• UPDATE… okay I am sorely confused by this title... perhaps because it is in Japanese and subtitles go too fast? Or, because the main character is "constantly looking at other peoples thoughts"... hard to keep track of that without lots of brainpower. :)

This one may be good in English, but for now; even I will admit, I have my limits. But no matter, if others like it, that is just fine with me. Hopefully, you are enjoying it, UltScorpion, it is so...

• @thegrandalliance:

UPDATE… okay I am sorely confused by this title... perhaps because it is in Japanese and subtitles go too fast? Or, because the main character is "constantly looking at other peoples thoughts"... hard to keep track of that without lots of brainpower. :)

This one may be good in English, but for now; even I will admit, I have my limits. But no matter, if others like it, that is just fine with me. Hopefully, you are enjoying it, UltScorpion, it is so...

Yeah, I kinda wished that it wasn't a short series and instead a 30-minute series structured like Squid Girl or Flying Witch. Nonetheless, This will definitely benefit more with a dub, especially if it's a broadcast dub. I'll definitely give it more episodes for it to find it's footing though.

• @UltScorpion:

Yeah, I kinda wished that it wasn't a short series and instead a 30-minute series structured like Squid Girl or Flying Witch. Nonetheless, This will definitely benefit more with a dub, especially if it's a broadcast dub. I'll definitely give it more episodes for it to find it's footing though.

ON THE CONTRARY…...

apparently the series is being streamed in both SHORTS formats, which premiered on the 3rd, and you'll get the little pieces here and there. However, according to the site those shorts will then be combined into a traditional full episode series, which the first one of premieres on the 10th. So if you want to just watch it like a regular show, wait for the first episode on the 10th.

http://www.funimation.com/p/summer

• @classyspartan:

ON THE CONTRARY…...

apparently the series is being streamed in both SHORTS formats, which premiered on the 3rd, and you'll get the little pieces here and there. However, according to the site those shorts will then be combined into a traditional full episode series, which the first one of premieres on the 10th. So if you want to just watch it like a regular show, wait for the first episode on the 10th.

http://www.funimation.com/p/summer

Yeah, at that rate it could end up being this years Azumanga Daioh which I swear had the same format as Saiki. Helps that both anime are done by JC Staff.

• Yeah I think that is really cool. I have been watching the shorts since they release 5 each week, it spreads it out more. For those who don't like the shorts format though, they can wait one week and watch all 5 as a single episode. Interesting format. The show is really funny and totally ridiculous. Lol

• Also, I would like to note that the pink/red "tint" of the animation style of this show does hurt me eyes a bit; hard to visually watch this show, in either case. If it was done using a more "normal" color pallet, perhaps it be a bit more "watchable", but even so…