Crunchyroll announces dubbing and home media initiative.

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-01/crunchyroll-to-dub-release-anime-on-bd-dvd/.103876

I have to say four things:

• To everyone, you heard it from me first.
    • To thegrandalliance - I totally PWNED you just now!
    • To those that are confused, look up the "If Crunchyroll made dubs" thread I made a while back.
    • To myself, ALLELUIA!!!

• i think it's great! competition is healthy for business. I love CR, and i'm super stoked they will be releasing Gintama, like wow! never thought i could own my favorite series in English.

• @Gemnist:

• To thegrandalliance - I totally PWNED you just now!
    • To those that are confused, look up the "If Crunchyroll made dubs" thread I made a while back.

…..............

https://youtu.be/_lkg_8ly1Tk

• so the question is is it gonna be dubbed in Texas or LA. i'd be surprised if it's dubbed in Canada considering they never dubbed anything in years.

• Its most likely LA. Though really I would want them to avoid TX since the two more prominent distrubutors are based in TX, new voice talents would be nice to hear. Though personally I would like some more representation in more parts of NA aside from LA or TX.

• @apocolypse67:

so the question is is it gonna be dubbed in Texas or LA. i'd be surprised if it's dubbed in Canada considering they never dubbed anything in years.

Good question. I imagine it'll stay in California, and perhaps they'll share Bang Zoom! with Viz. Based on Crunchyroll's job openings right now, the main thing they'll be doing for localization is coordinating vendors. Doesn't look like there will be any true dubbing or localizing in-house, just facilitating and releasing the product under their brand

• @Riles:

Good question. I imagine it'll stay in California, and perhaps they'll share Bang Zoom! with Viz. Based on Crunchyroll's job openings right now, the main thing they'll be doing for localization is coordinating vendors. Doesn't look like there will be any true dubbing or localizing in-house, just facilitating and releasing the product under their brand

i think i had enough of animes being licensed in California since they have enough industries already. i think crunchyroll should focus on all regions minus new york .

• @apocolypse67:

i think i had enough of animes being licensed in California since they have enough industries already. i think crunchyroll should focus on all regions minus new york .

You should include texas in that assessment since that is where Funimation and Sentai Filmworks are located. Either go northward or eastward.

• @darthrutsula:

You should include texas in that assessment since that is where Funimation and Sentai Filmworks are located. Either go northward or eastward.

that's what i mean by all regions but New York. i also like to include Canada considering they never dubbed an anime in years. they have World Trigger but that's about it.

• well I'll be… I'm speechless... This is some of the best news of the year for a dub fan... I wonder if this is going to be put on their streaming service or if this is only on DVD / Blu-ray?

Thank you for posting this you just made my day! I would have eventually found it on anime News Network but this news is huge.

• @nickdo:

I would have eventually found it on anime News Network but this news is huge.

…........

• @apocolypse67:

that's what i mean by all regions but New York.

Why not New York?

• @TIL:

Why not New York?

they make terrible dubs.

• This post is deleted!

• @apocolypse67:

i also like to include Canada considering they never dubbed an anime in years. they have World Trigger but that's about it.

Cardfight! Vanguard G, Little Battlers eXperience, Future Card Buddyfight and Gintama (51 episodes) were all dubbed in Canada.

• Actually, Gintama was dubbed at Sentai Filmworks (Chris Patton played the main character - sorry I don't know his name, I'm just not into Gintama as of yet).

Anyway, going over what they have, I would dub all the Sentai shows at Sentai itself and then do Kabaneri at Funimation - because I would friggin LOVE Kabaneri at Funimation. For the other shows, I don't really care, though I imagine completionists are just really happy about Free.

• Considering what we've seen and what I have heard, Crunchyroll seems open to trying to dub these shows wherever. They've used Okratron (Chris Sabat's recording studio separate from Funi) as well as there being rumors of the Gintama dub being a Canadian dub.

Honestly, I like the idea of them contracting from all over as that leads to a lot of interesting diversity in terms of casting and dubbing in general. Like I honest to go d am super curious who they will get to dub what.

Also, going off of what Crunchyroll currently has as exclusives for Streaming, I'm REALLY pining for some Dub and Blu-Ray releases for both Bungo Stray Dogs and Konosuba in the near future.

• @Gemnist:

Actually, Gintama was dubbed at Sentai Filmworks (Chris Patton played the main character - sorry I don't know his name, I'm just not into Gintama as of yet).

Anyway, going over what they have, I would dub all the Sentai shows at Sentai itself and then do Kabaneri at Funimation - because I would friggin LOVE Kabaneri at Funimation. For the other shows, I don't really care, though I imagine completionists are just really happy about Free.

i would LOVE to see Kabanari get dubbed in FUNImation. but i also like to see it get dubbed in Canada as it's first big anime they haven't dubbed in a while outside of World Trigger.

• Yeah, I would be absolutely enthused - if not pleased - if they did it all over, and regarding Konosuba, I can't believe they're doing Myriad Colors before that - it's a similar thing only better and more popular.

What would be REALLY cool, though, is if they dubbed parts of different shows all over the place. I mean, who wouldn't want to see, for example, Steven Blum and Christopher Sabat in a dub together??

• @Gemnist:

Yeah, I would be absolutely enthused - if not pleased - if they did it all over, and regarding Konosuba, I can't believe they're doing Myriad Colors before that - it's a similar thing only better and more popular.

What would be REALLY cool, though, is if they dubbed parts of different shows all over the place. I mean, who wouldn't want to see, for example, Steven Blum and Christopher Sabat in a dub together??

OH YES! THAT WOULD REALLY BE GREAT! it'll be a new take of a Studio with different VAs interacting with eachother! Steve Blum and Chris Sabat working together would be a beaut! infact i'd love to see Richard Epcar, Jamieson Price, and John Swasey in a dub together ! it'll actually also be easier to cast characters in a role.

• This post is deleted!