ANN Summer 2016 Anime Preview Guide

• The reviews you're providing are nice and all Nub… but I have been noticing the actual reviewer ratings are completely out of step with the general user views on just about everything.

They don't seem to be in sync much with how everyone else actually views things.

One example I personally felt was the MomoKuri review... some of them were saying how they felt the stalkerish nature of Yuki was out of place and didn't work... yet... this is precisely why the show had so many fans PRIOR to being moved over to TV from the Web. This one has actually been out for a long time. And I can tell you now this is normal behavior for girls. They really do get like this, sniff your pillow, stalk you, somehow obtain your schedule, know all these little miniscule details about your life you never told them... I personally find it adorable...

I suppose not surprising it was the girl reviewer that felt most uncomfortable with it. Likely because it strikes a chord.

• well yeah, one person vs. hundreds. ratings are naturally going to be different

• Two more shows for the guide:

Show
    Reviewers

Active Raid Second
    Theron Martin, Nick Creamer

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
    Nick Creamer, Jacob Chapman
    Rebecca Silverman

(http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2016/summer/.103808)

• If you have enjoyed these reviews, check out the Survey on Anime News Network and help decide which shows are covered in the Daily Streaming reviews. The winners will be covered each week with reviews like the ones written for this guide, so choose your favorite new anime and continuing series from the Summer 2016 season!

Head over to Anime News Network to participate in the survey:
    (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/668/)

Another two shows join the fray:

Show
    Reviewers

Mob Psycho 100
    Paul Jensen, Rebecca
    Silverman, Theron Martin
    Jacob Chapman, Nick Creamer

Danganronpa 3: Future Arc
    Jacob Chapman

• The poll results are in, and the schedule for the Summer 2016 Daily Streaming Reviews has now been made!

Schedule:

Reviewer
    Shows

Theron Martin
    Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-
    Rewrite
    Alderamin on the Sky

Rebecca Silverman
    Food Wars! The Second Plate
    Tales of Zestiria the X
    This Art Club Has a Problem!

Rose Bridges
    The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance
    The Morose Mononokean

Jacob Chapman
    Berserk
    Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Future Arc
    Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Despair Arc

Nick Creamer
    Mob Psycho 100
    Orange
    planetarian

Lauren Orsini
    DAYS
    Cheer Boys!!

Amy McNulty
    Naruto Shippūden
    Sweetness & Lightning
    Amanchu!

Gabriella Ekens
    91 Days
    Thunderbolt Fantasy
    Battery

Sam Leach
    One Piece
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

James Beckett
    Twin Star Exorcists
    Taboo Tattoo

Paul Jensen
    Handa-kun
    New Game!

Anne Lauenroth
    D.Gray-man Hallow

Bamboo Dong
    Love Live! Sunshine!!

Source:(http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/site-news/2016-07-12/your-daily-streaming-reviews-schedule-summer-2016/.104246)

• Reviews are in for this season's shorts:

Show
    Reviewers

Summer 2016 Shorts
    Nick Creamer, Paul Jensen
    Theron Martin, Rebecca Silverman

• One more show added to the Summer Preview Guide:

Show
    Reviewers

Battery the Animation
    Nick Creamer, Theron Martin

• To view the Anime News Network Daily Streaming Reviews, follow the link right here:

(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/episode-review/)

The following reviews are currently available. with more added every day:

DAYS - Episodes 1-3

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- ‒ Episode 16

Orange - Episodes 1-3

Ace Attorney ‒ Episode 15

Berserk - Episodes 1-3

Rewrite - Episodes 1-3

Love Live Sunshine!! - Episodes 1-3

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episodes 1-2

Food Wars! The Second Plate ‒ Episode 3

91 Days - Episodes 1-2

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable ‒ Episode 16

Handa-kun - Episodes 1-2

Alderamin on the Sky - Episodes 1-2

Amanchu! - Episodes 1-2

Battery the Animation - Episode 1

planetarian - Episodes 1-2

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Despair Arc

This Art Club Has a Problem! - Episodes 1-2

Twin Star Exorcists ‒ Episode 14

Cheer Boys!! - Episodes 1-2

One Piece ‒ Episode 749

New Game! - Episodes 1-2

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- ‒ Episode 15

Food Wars! The Second Plate ‒ Episode 2

• This post is deleted!

• Did you read the full reviews? They're not criticizing the fanservice - if anything they're praising it for being exactly what the show intended it to be: shamelessly fondling boobs and getting the girls all hot for MC-kun.

No, it's the terrible writing that's sinking this ship in the reviewers' eyes. There is no effort into creating a moderately competent enemy, nor is there any reason to. People complained last year about High School DxD Born being censored, but at least it was worth watching even without seeing the goods. HxH on the other hand, doesn't seem to care too much about its characters. If they did, the girls would be more than just groping material.

tl;dr: wait for the uncensored Blu-rays, because that's all this anime is good for

• I could honestly say the same thing about highschool dxd having terrible writing, there isn't a single original element in highschool dxd's story and people who praise highschool dxd and criticize other ecchi shows are either hypocrites or simply ecchi fans in denial.
    Also how many people do you think watched dxd censored here instead of on the illegal sites that streamed an uncensored dub at the same time?

• @lcdude:

I could honestly say the same thing about highschool dxd having terrible writing, there isn't a single original element in highschool dxd's story and people who praise highschool dxd and criticize other ecchi shows are either hypocrites or simply ecchi fans in denial.

To each their own, but the point I was trying to make is that ANN does not show bias against ecchi series.

@lcdude:

Also how many people do you think watched dxd censored here instead of on the illegal sites that streamed an uncensored dub at the same time?

Who can say? It's all pointless now that we have a legal means of watching it.

• @7jaws7:

Who can say? It's all pointless now that we have a legal means of watching it.

Waiting to be released anyway.

And I watched it censored. At least with DxD the censor isn't obtrusive shadows or light grass. Its (mostly) just floating D's which is definitely not as obtrusive as people made it out to be. Nor did it take up an unnecessary amount of screen. Unlike So I Can't Play H where in the first episode.

I didn't like Born precisely because it's story was lacking. It would have been better to just go with the usual two light novels (5 and 6) with the short stories. Because for all intents and purposes doing it the way they did the completely skipped some major information that would become relevant later after they deal with the hero faction, assuming they got that far. Heck if they want to do it this way it would have been better to go 5 6 and 9. Which would pretty much be the tournament between the up and coming houses.

I'm probably going to wait to start working on this season's (or last season's) shows until like next week when I hope to finish what I have been watching (Seitokai, Tri7 and Samurai Girls). Or just keep working on the backlog while it expands slowly. I do want to watch Planetarian in one go though, I know its supposed to be short.