How To Get the FUNimation Channel

• Some cable and satellite service providers don't think that there is demand for a 24/7 anime channel in the US but there are a lot of folks would like to get the FUNimation Channel and don't have it yet. Here is a thread for suggestions and what you can do to help improve your chances to get the FUNimation Channel.

The first suggestion is fill out the form on http://www.getfunimationchannel.com/ (plus you get chances to win prizes).

The next suggestion comes from Lance (Your friendly neighborhood FUNimation guy) Heiskell, who has posted this all over the internet in the past:

If you want the FUNimation Channel for your home…

all you need to do is request it.

Step 1. Call your Cable/Satellite service provider
    Step 2. Ask for a Customer Service Rep
    Politely please
    Step 3. Explain to them that FUNimation Channel is a 24 hour anime channel
    Step 4. Let them know you would keep with them or switch providers to receive the channel.

Also....

Send note in your next cable/satellite bill

Fill out customer service forms on Cable/Satellite websites

Go to Cable office and ask in person!
    Better yet bring them baked goods every week until they add the channel.

That's the best way to let the cable/satellite companies know you want the channel. They file these requests and send them to the corporate offices for review.

Here are other suggestions made from members on the old FUNimation Forums (#3 comes from UncleChewie and the others come from me):

1. Make requests to your cable/dish provider at least once a week
    2. Ask your family and friends to request the channel from their television service provider on your behalf.
    3. Drop to a basic tier of service or drop your service completely and when asked why, say it is because they don't carry the FUNimation Channel.
    4. Call other Cable and Satellite service providers in your area and tell them if they add the FUNimation Channel to their line-up, you would switch to them to receive the channel.
    5. Make requests on your (and others) television service provider's Facebook and Twitter accounts (here is an example); a list of television service provider's Facebook and Twitter accounts will be provided below.

Related Pages:

http://www.funimationchannel.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/FUNimationChannel
    http://twitter.com/FUNiChan

List of the top television service provider that do not have the FUNimation Channel:

DISH Network: Facebook and Twitter
    DirecTV: Facebook and Twitter
    Bright House: Facebook and Twitter
    Cablevision**
    Charter Communications*: Facebook and Twitter
    XFINITY*: Facebook and https://twitter.com/CableTVspecialsTwitter
    Mediacom Communications: Twitter
    Cox Communications: Facebook and Twitter
    Time Warner Cable: Facebook and Twitter

• has the VOD service but not the linear Channel.
      ** Cablevision has no central Facebook or Twitter account

• I would love to someday have this channel, sadly though it will never happen with the small town cable provider I have (but that wont stop me from spamming them with weekly requests for them to pickup this channel >:))
    I guess ill just have to live with watching shows with my Funimation EVS on my Nexus 7.

• Verizon Fios had Funimation, but, they dropped it. Even though we still have the on demand service, I wish that we had the channel especially since I couldn't fully experience the channel because when we finally got cable, Funimation was in its last few weeks of being on the service. I would love it if we got the channel again.

• My Charter cable boxes have the FUNimation VOD service listed in the VOD list. It is listed here also,
    http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=14#vodlineup under Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD)

@jlaking Update the main post with a "*" next to Charter Communications when you get around to doing so.

• I'm with Time Warner Cable and they have some crappy vod anime thing but it is not FUNimation the one that Time Warner Cable has sucks bad cuzz there is no content there like maybe 10 shows on it and that is it thou there some okay shows but hell there not Funimation and the place i live will not allow me to change to some other cable company i can't even get satellite here so please FUNimation contact Time Warner Cable
    and tell them you would like to be apart of their line up for the 24/7 anime and the vod both i would pay 25 usd for this channel a month up to 50 usd a month

• How much would this cost?

• @puzzleboymf:

How much would this cost?

It depends on the television service provider.

• @deathishere:

I'm with Time Warner Cable and they have some crappy vod anime thing but it is not FUNimation the one that Time Warner Cable has sucks bad cuzz there is no content there like maybe 10 shows on it and that is it thou there some okay shows but hell there not Funimation and the place i live will not allow me to change to some other cable company i can't even get satellite here so please FUNimation contact Time Warner Cable
    and tell them you would like to be apart of their line up for the 24/7 anime and the vod both i would pay 25 usd for this channel a month up to 50 usd a month

you could just get the all access pass for $59.95 and that would be for a year, which would be a better deal for content that you can control unlike a TV channel where funi would make the schedule.

• @deathishere:

i would pay 25 usd for this channel a month up to 50 usd a month

Damn don't say something like this because I will answer:
    Probably someone who live with mommy, no responsibility in life to say such a ting pay $50.00 a month for cartoon, it"s only data and bitmap not something you can eat to live!
    You can obtain a complete cable network a this price child.
    If you not a child act like adult then.

• Totally agree with you Nostre!! I'd pay a little extra than what I'm already being over charged for ( Mega amounts of crap channels that I never use…), but not $25-$50. I'll stick to the internet feeds. Why can't we have a provider that will allow us to choose the channels we want...... All I need is my Anime channels, HBO and I'm good. News is all over the internet, so who needs to watch that crap ( just my 2 cents)...

• I always watch funimation channel so it supports the source!

• How much would it cost if i have time warner cable?

• DirecTV carries FUNimation VOD. Not as great as carrying it in the satellite beam (Fighting to get this for my brother who lives where the internet doesn't exist.), but its better than nothing. However, many of the anime featured are incomplete; missing the plot-building middle episodes.

IE: Negima. DirecTV's VOD is missing episodes 2-7, 9-10, and 18-20

Quite frankly, many fans would avoid watching any show altogether if it was missing that much of the storyline.

I blame piracy for cable and satellite providers not carrying stations like FUNimation Channel and Anime Network. No demand for legitimacy when people can steal from the creators and distributors.

• yea i want it