2016 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 1: Group 60

• Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia
    Jonathan Joestar - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
    Akari Hizamaru - Terra Formars
    Akira Tokizawa - Eden of the East

Don't forget to post your extra vote!

• Poll vote goes to Izuku Midoriya, extra vote goes to Akira Takizawa.

• Poll goes to Izuku

Post goes to Akira

• Alright people. Let's talk about Izuku Midoriya.

Izuku is one of the best written and developed Shonen anime heroes I have ever seen. He also to me is a perfect balance of what anyone can enjoy in a character who is a protagonist. He isn"t strong and overpowered but he is neither weak nor helpless. He is cute and precious but also tough and confident in himself. He is emotional yet also willing to put himself on the line, do the right thing. He does not rush recklessly into fights, yet he is willing to rush in and do the right thing when no one else would. He is smart, calculating, and his abilities naturally progress and develop along with his character and his development throughout the series. He is the greatest underdog story I think I have ever seen written, and he is a character that every time I see him work hard and succeed, it makes me smile and feel like I too can accomplish my goals.

He risks his life to save others, a true heroic feat that not many others seem willing to do even when they have the power. He is selfless, kind, strong-willed, hardworking and quite intelligent, thoughtful, and overall kind of a badass when he really needs to be.

I think the scene that truly sold me on Izuku as a character, outside of the moment where he rushes in to save Bakugo from the Sludge Monster, was where, after 10 months of intensive, rigorous, and almost destructive personal training under All Might, he manages to finish at the last possible minute, cleaning everything up in its entirety, and then, shirtless, sweaty, and very tired, stands atop a tower of trash, screaming at the coming sunset.

That was probably one of the absolute coolest moments of Izuku showing the first true steps to becoming a strong, admirable, and truly heroic figure, for almost every single one of us to want to root for. And that's why I am rooting for him.

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, gets both of my votes, and a PLUS ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!

• Double votes to Tokizawa

• Both votes to Akira.

• Both otes to Tokizawa.

• Poll vote goes to Deku, because that fuzzy headed cinnamon roll deserves the world. Posted vote goes to Jonathan because i don't think this tournament has ever had a Jojo vs. Jojo one on one match-up, and having 4 Jojo's in the main tournament will ensure better odds of this happening.

• Jonathan may be, in my personal opinion, one of the more "underrated" JoJo's out there, but I'm sorry, I gotta double up on Izuku. That kid deserves to go far.

• Double vote Izuku Midoriya

• Izuku has my votes

• Post to Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia.

• Both vote to Akira Takizawa

• This one was crazy hard for me to decide. But in the end, I have to give Poll vote and Posted vote to Akari Hizamaru - Terra Formars.

The dude fought a bear and won. That is pretty badass.

https://youtu.be/dDfMF7IhDCo

• Double Votes to Izuku