Darker than Black?

• okay i did a little research Funimation should have the whole series from what aniplex has on their website yet funimation only has 16 episodes episode 27+

• Yeah it was unfortunate….

This is a really good series. Its unfortunate that there's not going to be a Season 3 since Season 2 ended in a very unclear way as to what happened.

Its really one of my favorites.

• As of now, the only way to see the first season of Darker Than Black is to buy the premium edition blurays. Thankfully, there's currently still some in stock at RightStuf:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Darker-Than-Black-Season-1-Blu-ray-Complete-Set-Hyb-Premium-Edition

Word of warning: The packaging totally sucks. But at this point, it's better than not having the show at all.

• Is it worth watching what's available on the stream if I haven't seen the first season?

• @Haildodger:

Is it worth watching what's available on the stream if I haven't seen the first season?

I've personally heard that season 2 isn't worth watching regardless, to be honest. :hmm:

I do know, however, that season 1 is very, very good. So take that as you will.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I've personally heard that season 2 isn't worth watching regardless, to be honest. :hmm:

I do know, however, that season 1 is very, very good. So take that as you will.

It kind of depends really.

If you're attached to the characters from the First series… the second season feels kind of empty... mostly because only Hei is left, and Yin is gone with no explanation. You have to catch the OVA's just to find out this HUGE gap that took place between the first and second seasons, otherwise you're just going... huh?

The new characters aren't bad, and there is a lot more heart in the second season... but then the ending just turns really screwy and unexplained.

Yeah you get the happy ending of the girl... but then theres... what happened in the Isanami and Isanagi portion... why did Yin say its not too late... what did Hei really do... and who is this new male version of Yin that killed all the CIA operatives in the very end... etc etc...

Its actually pretty good, (its got all the same types of clandestine operations like the first one)... but only if you're prepared for them to throw out all the old characters and not make any sense with what finally happens to them.