And that's another reason i cancelled my sub.

• That summer line-up! It's….

TRASH.

Seriously, look at that garbage;

There's the "Tales" series, which if it's as boring as the game its based on then that's a miss.

Danganronpa 3 should be decent.

Some cat/vampire fettish anime. yawn.

Love Live, which I'm sure appeals to lonely perverts like TGA, but seriously if NISA didn't want it bad enough to lock it down after releasing the previous seasons and movie, what's that tell you? YAWN.

Then theres the reverse harem where a high school girl gets all moist for a child. that's nasty. probably also right up TGA's alley.

another generic high school slice of life thing, yawn.

Some half boys-love half yuri series about calendars.....I got nothing.

a maybe interesting time travel series.

some stripped down love game adaptation. boring.

and a generic by-the-numbers mech show. wow. great.

so out of all that, they have 2-3 interesting things, plus the shit they already had.

here's an idea; instead of wasting time and money on garbage, maybe release the rest of the stuff from Otakon 2014?

or am I supposed to be all happy that hell froze over and Funimation is finally releasing that ONE series that I already own and wouldn't be re-buying anyway?

• @dougswisher:

here's an idea; instead of wasting time and money on garbage, maybe release the rest of the stuff from Otakon 2014?

Because even if they did, you'd still just complain. :hmm:

• @dougswisher:

Love Live, which I'm sure appeals to lonely perverts like TGA, but seriously if NISA didn't want it bad enough to lock it down after releasing the previous seasons and movie, what's that tell you? YAWN.

Then theres the reverse harem where a high school girl gets all moist for a child. that's nasty. probably also right up TGA's alley.

Apparently, you didn't read my other thread on this subforum:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?11593

…Indeed I wasn't too impressed with Summer on first impression... a flood of shows without direction (hense their theme for the season), but of course I suppose that could change, nevertheless...

Must say, nice to see you again. Wasn't it funny as hell; what FUNI did with...

BTW, this was Sophie's/CJ's "Plasuable Denial":

@Sophie:

I actually didn't know that we'd be announcing soon, since the announcement was dependent upon other things happening.

@CJ:

… I'm joking. I actually haven't been paying any attention to announcements/releases recently at all and screamed a little in my cubicle when I saw this along with everyone else. Haruhi is one of my favorites.

• Hey Doug. Been a while.

I kind of missed seeing you being an angry little turd.

Anyways while you were gone Funimation managed to get Haruhi Suzumiya confirmed for DVD/BD alongside the Chibi-Series. I suspect that even with one of the famed "Otakon" licenses being confirmed you're still unsatisfied and will continue to be unsatisfied because you will never be satisfied.

Hell even if you hear all the Otakon titles were confirmed and are released TOMORROW, you would still be unhappy.

Anyways, point I'm making is, WELCOME BACK DOUGGY!

As for the lineup itself, I'm definitely interested in checking out Handa-kun, Danganronpa 3, Servamp and maybe even Time Travel Girl. Couple of the others don't interest me too much atm, but I might just have to see a little bit more of them before I write them off.

• Doug! You're ok!

I will admit I was a tad worried because you really did just up and vanish!

Either way, Hi! I have not looked to closely at the summer line up but I do know they have announced, as TGA said, another one of the Otakucon 2014 titles in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya. So…We are getting there!!!

• welcome back Doug, didn't miss you, sorry you have shit taste. will enjoy several of these shows in your honor

• @dougswisher:

snip

Actually that seems to be par for the course for most people. Does that really surprise you though? The only one on the list I'd watch is Time Travel Girl and maybe Love Live if I watch the original series first. Other than that I have no interest in the other serieses. I hated Daganronpa when I watched it, it was predictable and boring. And by predictable I mean that for anime it was predictable.

• Oh I'm not "back" by any means. this terrible sham of an operation that used to put out quality product in a timely manner and communicate with it's customers isn't going to get my money ever again. If Funimation puts out something I want to watch, I'm sure I can find it somewhere else at some point that doesn't benefit them.

That being said, with a summer line up like this I wont have to work very hard, because they only have ONE thing i'd watch.

On other notes;

its a shame Spaceman continues to read through the bottom of a liquor bottle, if he didn't, he'd understand that I wouldn't have a whole hell of a lot to complain about if Funimation stopped wasting their time on shit like this summer line up, and random movies nobody has ever heard of, and release the things they have already announced.

They don't want to ask because they know the answer to the question of "would you rather we release everything we've previously announced, or keep pushing it back to release more stuff you have no interest in?"

And as for "plausible deniability" of Funimation staff that "read the forums" if you believe that, TGA then you are drinking the Kool-Aid much more than even spaceman.

They didn't have to have details, ALL they had to do was say "we are planning on this year."

What's the worst that could have happened? they miss another target like has been the norm since 3.33? Not that it matters though because that would have opened them up to the questions about the rest of Otakon 2014, which they wouldn't answer. and why would they? it's embarrassing to say you keep pushing back releases people want for the awful stink that was the spring schedule, and equally rotten summer schedule.

Prediction: no otakon 2014 titles see the light of day in 2016 beyond what has been confirmed as of now, and the winter line up will also be ass. enjoy your dubble talks about yaoi/yuri calendar people, generic mech shows, and the third season of an anime nobody asked for.

thank god I took my money and hit the door with only half a year wasted.

• @dougswisher:

And as for "plausible deniability" of Funimation staff that "read the forums" if you believe that, TGA then you are drinking the Kool-Aid much more than even spaceman.

That was supposed to be a sarcastic reference. However, as you can imagine, Spaceman butchered my post and deleted that part; looks like once again, you got the wrong idea. Indeed, as I do otherwise /agree with the general premise that "they knew beforehand", as I indicated in that thread of mine. So perhaps, I will simply restate for the record:

@thegrandalliance:

BTW, this was Sophie's/CJ's "Plasuable Denial":

@Sophie:

I actually didn't know that we'd be announcing soon, since the announcement was dependent upon other things happening.

@CJ:

… I'm joking. I actually haven't been paying any attention to announcements/releases recently at all and screamed a little in my cubicle when I saw this along with everyone else. Haruhi is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/VBe_guezGGc

Spaceman, if you are gonna troll again, get justification from Sophie/CJ first. Your job as moderator is not to simply edit/delete everything that I post; I do not exist "to justify your existence", as it were. Just because there is a presidential election going on doesn't mean anything that has ever happened in world history "is political". Nor was my post even remotely related.

Given the state of "political education" of young people who actually use these forums… it is not like anyone on these threads even knows WTF I am talking about most of the time. Or at all. Indeed, as you are "jumping the gun" for no reason. When an actual user posts and complains about my style, then perhaps we can talk. However, to make a rhetorical device work, it needs evidence. And unless I want a boring /walloftext to follow, a simple YouTube video shall suffice.

Indeed, as I think your profile picture "is political"... I mean WTF happened to our manned spaceflight program? No matter, if you continue to unjustly troll my posts henceforth, I will simply reedit/repost everything therefore. Then CJ will have to get involved.

But O wait... dougswisher already settled that debate for us; they couldn't waste their time with such nonsense. And BTW, this is FUNimation forums, as in "FUN". Don't be the "doushebag" of the party and take a dump on the fun, thank you very much: Learn to live a little bit.

**O O, AND BTW MR SPACEMAN… THERE Is NoTHING IN THE FORuM RULES EveN MENTIONiNG "POLITICS/POLTICAL DiscuSSION/MEME/YOUTUBE VIDEOS"; PASSIVELY Or OTHerWISE. SO THERE.

O WAiT AGAIN, I GUESS You DiDN'T READ THAT EITHER...**

@Forum:

General Posting

Be excellent to each other.

How 'bot you try that once in a lifetime, Spaceman? Would suit you wonders…

No matter...

/condescension

• @thegrandalliance:

it is not like anyone on these threads even knows WTF I am talking about most of the time. Or at all.

He does have a point.

• Waah waah waah

• @dougswisher:

Oh I'm not "back" by any means. this terrible sham of an operation that used to put out quality product in a timely manner and communicate with it's customers isn't going to get my money ever again. If Funimation puts out something I want to watch, I'm sure I can find it somewhere else at some point that doesn't benefit them.

Doug, I'm glad that you don't hold anything back. I've taken each one of your posts about the streaming service to heart. Even if you're not "back" back. I'm glad that you have stopped by for a brief visit. ^_^

[line][/line]

TGA, you're a good person, and a great contributor to the forum. ^_^ I hope you continue to be a part of it.

• @Sophie:

That's why you call Funimation out every time something isn't executed well. You want Funimation to be better and to serve you better as their customer.

Hopefully, we can work to put out a quality product that you may purchase in the future. Even if you're not "back" back. I'm glad that you stopped by for a brief visit.

Sophie's Future Employment Status at FUNimation:

@Sophie:

TGA, you're a good person, and a great contributor to the forum. I hope you continue to be a part of it.

• @thegrandalliance:

Sophie's Future Employment Status at FUNimation:

How am I supposed to interpret the second image? Is the lava pool(?) Funimation or how sophie's job treats them?

• @darthrutsula:

How am I supposed to interpret the second image? Is the lava pool(?) Funimation or how sophie's job treats them?

https://youtu.be/fm_4WaPbbK0

Anime Wars Episode V:
    The FUNimation Strikes Back

@FUNimation:

About Funimation Entertainment

Funimation is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company"s next generation streaming service, FunimationNow, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms from smartphones and tablets to TV"s and gaming consoles.

@FUNImation:

https://youtu.be/h4emcNAf5lY

@Sophie:

Hopefully, we can work to put out a quality product that you may purchase in the future.

[line][/line]
    [line][/line]
    [line][/line]

https://youtu.be/mk2E1CoGe98

@Sophie:

https://youtu.be/GPO43kCh3_c

@dougswisher:

@FUNimation:

https://youtu.be/otCpCn0l4Wo

• now im even more confused

• I agree the random collection of pictures did nothing to answer the question.

• @Getchman:

now im even more confused

Check the updated post. I was still working on it before. Should make sense now…

• No we're even more confused now.

• @darthrutsula:

No we're even more confused now.

….....................

@Sophie:

Hopefully, we can work to put out a quality product that you may purchase in the future.

@FUNimation:

About Funimation Entertainment

Funimation is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company"s next generation streaming service, FunimationNow, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms from smartphones and tablets to TV"s and gaming consoles.