Introduction

• I wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Robert, I just turned 40 and I live in Buffalo, NY (no it's not snowing). I really got into anime a couple years ago after my long-time fiancée dumped me. Although I'm just subbing to Funimation as of today, I already sub to Crunchyroll and Netflix. It would take me a while to list all of the anime titles that I enjoy, but I'm really looking forward to watching Assassination Classroom.

Like some of you I'm an avid gamer with a custom computer and PS4. I played World of Warcraft for more than 10 years and really enjoy MMORGs and RPGs. Some of my favorite games include Diablo III, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Wildstar and The Witcher 3.

Also, being single has allowed me to do whatever I want…like going to concerts. In the past year I've seen Nightwish, Sabaton, Delain, In Flames, All That Remains, Periphery, In This Moment, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, Motionless in White, Kamelot, DragonForce, Carcass, Killswitch Engage, Memphis May Fire, Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Upon A Burning Body and Erra.

• @Immortus76:

and I live in Buffalo, NY

….............

• @thegrandalliance:

….............

Did you miss the part where he says he played WoW for 10+ years?

@Immortus76:

Also, being single has allowed me to do whatever I want…like going to concerts. In the past year I've seen Nightwish, Sabaton, Delain, In Flames, All That Remains, Periphery, In This Moment, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, Motionless in White, Kamelot, DragonForce, Carcass, Killswitch Engage, Memphis May Fire, Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Upon A Burning Body and Erra.

I used to be a metahead like you, then I took an arrow in the knee my metalhead friend moved far away so I have no one to go see shows with and I hate going alone (I'm not much of the social type in public). After the burial must have been nice live, those 8-string guitars must sound awesome.

• I started playing as soon as BC hit and raided as a Blood Elf Holy Paladin for several years. Then my guild leadership imploded, I faction changed and was raiding as a Human Holy Paladin the next day. Over the years I have played a Dranei Resto Shaman, Night Elf Hunter, Orc Death Knight and Undead Shadow Priest. However, I'm not currently playing due to severe WoW burnout.

I'm a fan of bands using 7 and 8 string guitars to expand their sound. After the Burial was great live and the show included Erra, Upon a Burning Body and Born of Osiris.

• Welcome to the forums, Robert. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• @the_krock:

Did you miss the part where he says he played WoW for 10+ years?

…........Beer?

• @Immortus76:

I played World of Warcraft for more than 10 years

Hey me too!

I have a feeling we will get along famously!

Welcome!

• @Immortus76:

I'm a fan of bands using 7 and 8 string guitars to expand their sound. After the Burial was great live and the show included Erra, Upon a Burning Body and Born of Osiris.

I saw Born of Osiris somewhere around when they released their first album (without hearing about them beforehand), I'm not sure if they were using 7-strings back then though, but I really liked the keyboard riffs, it sounded quite good live.