Spoiler Tags

• Hey Funimation,

I had a suggestion for something that I think would help make the forums just a little bit better. The Spoiler tags are awesome, a great way to discuss anime without spoiling anything for those who have not seen it yet. There is just one problem with the way spoiler tags work on here, and that has to do with the What's New section of the forums. As you know, the What's New section shows the most recent posts, and displays the first part of the message. Spoiler Tags do not conceal text that is displayed in the What's New section of the forums. So, the spoiler tags work within the post, but do help to hide the spoiler from that other section. I think it would be very helpful if it could somehow be implemented so that the spoiler tags also hides the text from the What's New view. Thanks, I hope this is something that is feasible, maybe for the new site at least.

• Or of course, "We the Internet", can simply agree; that if you don't want to be "spoiled", don't read anything on the Internet in the first place.

…as I don't even understand the concept of "spoiler": The point of Human Civilization isn't to find out what happened, it is to see how it happened. Just because you know the ending of a sports game for instance, doesn't make it any less "enjoyable". As observed, "it is about the journey, not the destination". But some Peoples of Earth do lose track of the "important things in life" from time to time; as I do imagine indeed...

• But spoilers are so much fun though! I wouldn't have enjoyed The Force Awakens if I didn't know who died five literal minutes before the movie started. He is my favorite character and he made the movie good. The only one on the new cast I liked is Adam Driver. And then there's Attack on Titan where if I didn't know what happens after where it is in the anime I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much as I have been, primarily with the identity of the armored and colossal titans.

• @darthrutsula:

The Force Awakens if I didn't know who died five literal minutes before the movie started.

You mean Han Solo? You know, there is "Internet Theory" that he isn't actually dead; that he will come back next movie with another actor, for whatever reason thereof…

BTW, before ye noobs call that "a spoiler"... keep in mind this movie is a "J.J. Abrams" movie... nothing this dude does is even worth such nonsense consideration thereof. O wait, look at that wonderful Star Trek Movie series. So perfect and true to its story. No problems, whatsoever; moving on...

• @thegrandalliance:

that he isn't actually dead; that he will come back next movie with another actor, for whatever reason thereof…

That's prequel film that takes place before battle of yavin. And no, he is pretty definitively dead. I have a theory that he was actually the strongest sith lord ever: Jar Jar Binks. You know because fan theories are a thing and for some reason the character everyone hated most is suddenly the strongest whatever. I mean Jar Jar did have the most important role in the galaxy and if it wasn't for him the empire wouldn't have happened, and most likely neither would the clone wars.

And for some reason people don't like politics in a star wars movie, for some stupid reason. The movie everyone hated ends up setting the stage for the rest of them (Episode 2).