Funimation is getting D.Gray-man Hallow but not the 2nd half of the original anime?

• Can we get any update on this? Is Funimation unable to get the license or doesn't want to get the license?

• D.Gray Man episodes 52-103 are not licensed due to issues with Dentsu.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-10-22
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-05-18

• They'll get it eventually. With this, it's only a matter of time.

• I personally hope they are able to get the licensing for the rest of the original D-Grayman series because if they don't how due the expect to draw in new fans if they can't follow the story due to gaps in the series. It's like reading the beginning and end of a book and leaving out the middle it's just stupid.

For me I have the first half of the D-Grayman series that funimation released up to episode 51 and was dissapointed when the rest of the series was a no show. I've actually been thinking of buying the complete series collection online just to watch the rest of the series and have it in my collection. But now I'm wondering if I should wait and see if funimation brings out the rest of the original series on dvd.

• This post is deleted!

• @sailorbritain:

I personally hope they are able to get the licensing for the rest of the original D-Grayman series because if they don't how due they expect to draw in new fans if they can't follow the storyline due to gaps in the series. It's like reading the beginning and end of a book and leaving out the middle it's just stupid.

I would be extremely surprised if Hallow didn't give some exposition to the prior events in the story. D.Gray-man stopped airing back in 2008 so it would be strange if they didn't provide enough "reminders" of where the story is at.

• @CostlyAxis:

I would be extremely surprised if Hallow didn't give some exposition to the prior events in the story. D.Gray-man stopped airing back in 2008 so it would be strange if they didn't provide enough "reminders" of where the story is at.

I heard it was about new characters so that might not be necessary.

Edit: Never mind, I misread that.

• @nubguy:

I heard it was about new characters so that might not be necessary.

The characters are the same since this is a direct continuation. The voice actors, however, have all been recast, so that might be what you heard.

They might throw a short flashback here or there but given this is only 13 episodes I wonder how much time they'll waste on that instead of just expecting everybody to have watched the original anime, read the manga, or both.

• @Firefly:

The characters are the same since this is a direct continuation. The voice actors, however, have all been recast, so that might be what you heard.

ooh okay, yeah that is probably what I read then. Well that's cool, hopefully the new voice actors are able to live up the originals.

• Considering the license problems I've been hearing with season 3 and 4 of D.Gray-Man, I'm surprised they managed to acquire the rights to D.Gray-Man Hallow. This makes me kinda curious about if D.Gray-Man Hallow will get a broadcast dub or not.

• Hallow will, no doubt, be getting a broadcast dub. You need look no further than their homepage to see that. And with that, it will get a home media release. With that, it's only a matter of time before the remainder of the series gets released, probably by the end of the year.

• Well apparently the second season has just been licensed by Funi… I just saw the announcement in the other forum.

So it appears the entire thing is now going to be available.

• The second half was apparently unavailable but now they've got them. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-30/funimation-licenses-d.gray-man-episodes-52-103/.103823

• So any news on the episodes 52-103?