What is "Soul Eater NOT!"?

• What is "Soul Eater NOT!"? What is the different to that to Soul Eater? Is it a sequel? Or is it a Side Story? And should I watch it???

• Soul Eater NOT is a spin-off / side story so to speak.

It starts three girls in what is referred to as the NOT class, students at the DWMA who are there not to train to be Meisters, but to more or less gain control of their abilities and use it to live their lives.

It's a sidestory that, story wise, takes place somewhere either before or during the show's first 3 episodes. Characters from the first series make cameos but most don't hold relevance in the story. It's mostly slice of life and not much action.

And honestly? It's not that great. I LOVE Soul Eater, and I absolutely adore the lore and universe of the show, but I found Soul Eater NOT incredibly dull and boring. I'd say if you really want to watch it, you might be entertained and the dub's still pretty good, even going so far as to get the original cast back for the cameo roles, but unless you're a die-hard Soul Eater fan, you could probably skip it and you wouldn't have missed anything truly important.

• @classyspartan:

Soul Eater NOT is a spin-off / side story so to speak.

It starts three girls in what is referred to as the NOT class, students at the DWMA who are there not to train to be Meisters, but to more or less gain control of their abilities and use it to live their lives.

It's a sidestory that, story wise, takes place somewhere either before or during the show's first 3 episodes. Characters from the first series make cameos but most don't hold relevance in the story. It's mostly slice of life and not much action.

And honestly? It's not that great. I LOVE Soul Eater, and I absolutely adore the lore and universe of the show, but I found Soul Eater NOT incredibly dull and boring. I'd say if you really want to watch it, you might be entertained and the dub's still pretty good, even going so far as to get the original cast back for the cameo roles, but unless you're a die-hard Soul Eater fan, you could probably skip it and you wouldn't have missed anything truly important.

Well I really like Soul Eater on Toonami when it air on Toonami… But when I heard about this how I was wonder if I should check it out... How long is the anime as in Eps.?

• It's only about 12 episodes long. It's not too much of a time sink, and by all means you could do far worse. I just personally found it to be a bit of a waste of time, and I really loved Soul Eater. It's your choice.

• @classyspartan:

It's only about 12 episodes long. It's not too much of a time sink, and by all means you could do far worse. I just personally found it to be a bit of a waste of time, and I really loved Soul Eater. It's your choice.

Yeah but it apart of the timeline so I feel like I should watch it…

• If you feel like you should watch it, watch it.

I didn't enjoy it too much but you may feel otherwise. Make your own decisions.

You just asked whether or not I felt like it was worth watching, and personally speaking I do not. But hey, you might dig it. I don't know. Either way, I think at this point you could probably very easily watch the full series for free on Funimation's Website dubbed and you might not even need to be a subscriber. I'll go double check to see if that's the case. If it is, I'll give you a link.

EDIT: Okay, so here's this. http://www.funimation.com/shows/soul-eater-not/videos/episodes

The first 2 episodes dubbed are free to anyone, but for the rest of the series you need to be a subscriber to watch them. I'd say watch those 2 episodes, see if it's worth your time or not, and decide

• @classyspartan:

If you feel like you should watch it, watch it.

I didn't enjoy it too much but you may feel otherwise. Make your own decisions.

You just asked whether or not I felt like it was worth watching, and personally speaking I do not. But hey, you might dig it. I don't know. Either way, I think at this point you could probably very easily watch the full series for free on Funimation's Website dubbed and you might not even need to be a subscriber. I'll go double check to see if that's the case. If it is, I'll give you a link.

Oh ok thanks…

• Other then characters making appearances, it has really nothing to do with the main series.

I am in the "did not like it" camp and I really liked the original. Not to mention I think even BONES didn't have their heart in it, the drop in animation quality was quite noticeable… But I'm just the kind of person who looks forward to good action scenes so it bothered me likely more then it should. Perhaps I treated it more harshly because my expectations of them as a studio are quite high.

It was mainly worth it to me to watch because I love Soul. It's not a terrible show but don't go in to it expecting the original. It's extremely different.