Anime for Adult Swim/Toonami

• From the New World: Wow, how did I forget about that? I haven't seen it, but it looks SO good.
    Jormungand: I've seldom heard of this show, but I looked it up and it looks a lot like Black Lagoon - in other words, pure Toonami material.
    Durarara: Season 1 was on Toonami, x2 has yet to do so.
    Code Geass: This used to air on Adult Swim back when Toonami went dead, and they lost the rights to it back in 2012.
    Akito the Exiled: They could if they did Hellsing Ultimate, but it's not really meant for TV.
    K: Looks cool enough. Plus, they still have to dub Return of Kings.

But yeah, I wish Toonami would be more diverse. Or better yet, include comedy anime in its regular lineup. It is a real shame that they halved the length of the block, which is why I'm a tad iffy on Fairy Tail, but they can at least circulate the remaining three slots.

Oh and, no need to worry about Johnny - he plays Orga in Gundam IBO.

• There needs to be some other more visible anime block, for non-action (or not-exactly-action) anime.

MNet used to have Haruhi Suzumiya and K-On, and now they have Love Live, but there was a long time between those, and they might just want music shows, since it's mostly a music channel.

Some channel should air Free!

From The New World is… eh, the monster rats might be a bit much. It's creepy, but it not trying to be horror, it's trying to be symbolic, but it does that better than... pretty much anything else I've seen that's trying to be symbolic. It's good, but it's not TV material.

I sort of feel like what makes something good TV material in this age is, for lack of a better word, Twitter-worthy tone. That means, a lot of "Holy **** that just happened!" moments, where people watching will tweet their reactions and tag the show. So that means a lot of suspense and twists, which doesn't necessarily exclude food for thought, (and, like I was saying, post-Game of Thrones, TV audiences can handle more of that). But a show with a lot of moments that get pure emotional reactions - that's the best, I think.

Also, it would be good to have shows that can pull in people who aren't necessarily already anime fans. I think Durarara!! could do that.

• The slice of life shows could probably find a place on Cartoon Network or TBS, especially if its more sitcom style. I could imagine Lucky Star (as far as it has been for the first 4 episodes) would work out pretty well but it has a problem with the regional differences. Like someone from a non-anime background would have no idea what a manga or anime is. D-Frag would be cool too… if people didn't care so much about boobs in a cartoon. Feminazis are mean.

You know because these types of shows will objectify women and NOT the men.

Heck even Scyfy could be a good place for steins;gate or corpse princess.

• @Fiammetta:

There needs to be some other more visible anime block, for non-action (or not-exactly-action) anime.

Last one I remember was the one on Chiller, which was a channel I didn't even know existed until I heard about it for the block.

Lasted quite literally for 3 weeks. Also watching Is This A Zombie on that channel was actually a pain in the ass because they don't put anything up on the screen to help you out with Yu's signs at all. Like it's just Kanji expecting us to get what is being said. I watched for 2 weeks, then I went on vacation to Florida, then next week it's gone.

Honestly I think it has more to do with it being a greater risk in general of how many people would ACTUALLY stay tuned! Toonami had to build up a lot of its newfound viewer loyalty for a long time, and even when it came back in 2012, they had to start from scratch with almost nothing to work with. Then once they proved themselves and the viewers, now they're able to get the big World Premieres and even produce new seasons of things like Samurai Jack or FLCL.

I'd love to see more anime on TV but I honestly don't think anyone else could manage to sustain a successful block on TV for a long period of time without preemptively pulling the plug.

• @classyspartan:

Also watching Is This A Zombie on that channel was actually a pain in the ass because they don't put anything up on the screen to help you out with Yu's signs at all.

Oh god that must've been torture for literally anything pertaining to Yu, like the scenes where Ayumu imagines what she sounds like and its always different. Viewers must've been like "Why is her voice constantly changing!?"

• It would be cool if Toonami could start showing weekend anime movies or something, at least once a month. I used to really enjoy the movies I saw on Toonami.

• @classyspartan:

Last one I remember was the one on Chiller, which was a channel I didn't even know existed until I heard about it for the block.

Lasted quite literally for 3 weeks. Also watching Is This A Zombie on that channel…

Yes, that's your problem right there. That show is too otaku even for Toonami.

I'm talking about shows like - to name a few - Free!, Moribito, Eden of the East, the upcoming 91 Days and Orange, Your Lie in April, Beyond the Boundary, From the New World (here better than for Toonami), Baccano, Monster, Bodacious Space Pirates (with a different title), Kaleido Star; A few shows, like Death Note or Durarara!! would work either here or on Toonami, but I'm talking about mostly shows that are a bit less action-oriented, or at least have a lot more going for them than just action, that can appeal to people regardless of whether or not they like/know anime.

• Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure is apparently getting an English dub. Maybe It's be a good contender once the dub is complete? Haven't seen it yet, so I don't know, but it's an idea.

• Ooh, I got one! How about Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress? It would make a good appetizer before Attack on Titan Season 2 inevitably makes it onto the block.