Anime for Adult Swim/Toonami

• Every fan has one complaint or another about anime being broadcasted on American television. And they are mostly justified: to get on the air, programs often have to be edited to fit in with the "intended" audience or to be in two 11-minute segments with eight minutes for commercials. But I have been incredibly supportive of anime getting broadcast, as they are always released uncut on home media. Unfortunately, due to low ratings, the only place to really see them is on Toonami. So this thread is for what anime do YOU want to see on Toonami? This is all based on preference, not plausibility. The only criteria is that must not have been broadcast on there or Adult Swim before (unless the first broadcast was heavily edited, e.g. Samurai Champloo), and they MUST be action-oriented (as Toonami is an action cartoon block). Here are mine, in no particular order:

Fairy Tail: I would only want this one if Toonami finds the opportunity to increase its roster back to what it used to be. Right now, four of the seven shows are long-running Shonen monsters, and there is almost no end in sight for them. However, it's an absolute cardinal sin that this series - easily one of the most popular out there - has never been broadcast on television. I mean COME ON!

Tokyo Ghoul: I'm genuinely surprised this never went for a release on Toonami. It fits all the right criteria: tons of action, being great, and a time of humor. I personally think it would make a great replacement for Parasyte when that series finishes its rerun.

One Punch Man: If this series doesn't make it, I don't know WHAT will. It would be an understatement to say that OPM is taking over the anime world (it even beat Breaking f***ing Bad to become the highest rated show on IMDb), and the dub is currently in the casting process. Who else wants Vic and Johnny to play Saitama and Genos?

Ushio and Tora: We all know that Sentai is very picky with its dubs, but with them losing their "Sentai Hour", it would be wise to push for another series on Toonami. Of their catalog, I think this series is their best bet at a series that has not yet been dubbed. For those that have been dubbed, I would go with Log Horizon or No Game No Life, although I would rather they have an undubbed series, because the more dubs the better!

Terra Formars: Speaking of more dubs, this would be a combination of that and the horror of Tokyo Ghoul. This one will no doubt be dubbed, as it's licensed by Viz, and it appears popular enough to get on Toonami. Plus, the cockroaches give me plenty of opportunities to scare the crap out of my mother - heh heh heh…

So what about you guys? Which would YOU want to see on Toonami?

• No Game No Life

Toonami doesn't do fanservice :hmm:

• @7jaws7:

Toonami doesn't do fanservice

Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann say hi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIB7qocaxgQ

• @SpacemanHardy:

Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann say hi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIB7qocaxgQ

Bluma and Nami are WAYYY hotter then thoughs three… -_-

• @gohan6425:

Bluma and Nami are WAYYY hotter then thoughs three…

Keep telling yourself that. ~_^

• @gohan6425:

Bluma and Nami are WAYYY hotter then thoughs three…

Two things.

1. That had less to do with hotness, and more how much sexual content was in each show.

2. Nico Robin's better.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Keep telling yourself that. ~_^

Uh??? IT THE TRUTH! -_-

@classyspartan:

Two things.

1. That had less to do with hotness, and more how much sexual content was in each show.

2. Nico Robin's better.

I disagree Nami should be with Luffy… And I think she hotter... Also if that the case then that show have shown Sakura not Lady Samnai as Sakura WAYYYY hotter! :) I love me some Sakura...

• Uhm Xenovia Quarta anyone?

High School DxD for Toonami anyone?

• @gohan6425:

I disagree Nami should be with Luffy… And I think she hotter... Also if that the case then that show have shown Sakura not Lady Samnai as Sakura WAYYYY hotter! I love me some Sakura...

Whatever you say bro.

Whatever you say.

Alright, before this topic went to waifu wars, there was a point.

As for your list, I'm in complete agreement on both One Punch Man AND Ushio & Tora, the latter of which going rather unnoticed by many but is a pretty damn good Shonen Action series in general. Here's hoping Sentai dubs it and that gets a chance to shine on Toonami. Personally much rather see than on the block than GATE, which might be more popular to warrant a dub in general, but only time will tell. As for One Punch Man, it's freaking ONE PUNCH MAN! What HASN'T been said about it?

Other titles I'd really like to see on Toonami include:

-Psycho Pass (Season 1, NOT Season 2)
    -Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (First season's dubbed and the others are sure to follow via Viz)
    -Log Horizon (Trapped in a Game Anime I LOVE)
    -Noragami (GREAT Fantasy Anime, deserves the hype/exposure)
    -Blood Blockade Battlefront

Outside of that, at this point pretty much all of the shows I've really wanted on the block have found its way to it. Lagann, Kill la Kill, Hunter x Hunter, Michiko and Hatchin, etc so outside of those I'm pretty satisfied with the Toonami lineup overall.

• the screen would be blurry most of the time, but that would be hilarious

• Perhaps I should have been more clear when pointing out NGNL…

Toonami doesn't do loli fanservice.

• I wish I had more of an opinion of good looking women in anime -.-

I can't contribute to this at all!

• @classyspartan:

Whatever you say bro.

Whatever you say.

Alright, before this topic went to waifu wars, there was a point.

As for your list, I'm in complete agreement on both One Punch Man AND Ushio & Tora, the latter of which going rather unnoticed by many but is a pretty damn good Shonen Action series in general. Here's hoping Sentai dubs it and that gets a chance to shine on Toonami. Personally much rather see than on the block than GATE, which might be more popular to warrant a dub in general, but only time will tell. As for One Punch Man, it's freaking ONE PUNCH MAN! What HASN'T been said about it?

Other titles I'd really like to see on Toonami include:

-Psycho Pass (Season 1, NOT Season 2)
    -Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (First season's dubbed and the others are sure to follow via Viz)
    -Log Horizon (Trapped in a Game Anime I LOVE)
    -Noragami (GREAT Fantasy Anime, deserves the hype/exposure)
    -Blood Blockade Battlefront

Outside of that, at this point pretty much all of the shows I've really wanted on the block have found its way to it. Lagann, Kill la Kill, Hunter x Hunter, Michiko and Hatchin, etc so outside of those I'm pretty satisfied with the Toonami lineup overall.

I can see we don't see eye to EYE I what hot woman are suppose to look like

Also there where alot of good Toonami show on the block but there are also disappointment too…

Also if Toonami get FREAKIN ONE PUNCH MAN ON TOONAMI WILL FREAKIN RIOT! -- Overrate piss of SHIT! I hate that fanbase! One Punch Man can not win damn fights in ONE DAMN PUNCH! --

Also I rather not make a list right now b/c I plan on doing that in a thread in the future for the best and wrost Toonami show on the new A.Swim Toonami since it came back... Though I will be making it on my YouTube Channel as a video... :)

• @gohan6425:

Also if Toonami get FREAKIN ONE PUNCH MAN I WILL FREAKIN ROIT! Overrate piss of SHIT!

Probably how most of the anime community would respond to you. We're just nice about it though.

@gohan6425:

I can see we don't see eye to EYE I what hot woman are suppose to look like

Does that honestly surprise you though? I mean everyone has different tastes. This also extends to women's tastes in men as well.

Personally I would think Accel World would be a nice fit for Toonami. Also Rokka.

• @darthrutsula:

Probably how most of the anime community would respond to you. We're just nice about it though.

Does that honestly surprise you though? I mean everyone has different tastes. This also extends to women's tastes in men as well.

Most of then are opmtards! HE IS OVERATE HE CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE IN ONE DAMN PUNCH IT BEEN DEBUNK MANY LIKE SOME GOD DAMN TIMES! -_-

Also before someone ask how do I know this without watching it? Well I have a friend on youtube that can answer you that question for you… That is a good researcher with me on the Cartoon Fight Club Researcher Team yes I am on the Researcher Team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4H4MoYiUTU

• @gohan6425:

Also if Toonami get FREAKIN ONE PUNCH MAN ON TOONAMI WILL FREAKIN RIOT! Overrate piss of SHIT! I hate that fanbase! One Punch Man can not win damn fights in ONE DAMN PUNCH!

Can't deny that the fanbase itself is a bit overzealous, but hating a show because it's overrated or because you think a certain character is too OP is a tad childish. Especially since you've made it clear you HAVEN'T or WON'T watch anything subtitled.

Honestly I'd rather welcome OPM on Toonami just because that's probably the only way you would ever watch it, as you yourself don't read the subs. At least the whole point of One Punch Man being that it IS ridiculous that a character like that would or could exist, and how or what someone like that would actually do with themselves.

• @classyspartan:

Can't deny that the fanbase itself is a bit overzealous, but hating a show because it's overrated or because you think a certain character is too OP is a tad childish. Especially since you've made it clear you HAVEN'T or WON'T watch anything subtitled.

Honestly I'd rather welcome OPM on Toonami just because that's probably the only way you would ever watch it, as you yourself don't read the subs. At least the whole point of One Punch Man being that it IS ridiculous that a character like that would or could exist, and how or what someone like that would actually do with themselves.

No it really NOT! The opmtards KILL IT FOR ME to EVER give it a changes! Do you know HOW MANY comments I got where that said "OPM man beats Goku in One Punch!" Or "OPM man beats (place vs person here) in One Punch!" Do you know how FREAKIN dumb and annory that is!? -- And I can't take it anymore! B/c no mader how must research I part to prove this guys is CLEARLY ONLY Planet Level AT BEST! That keep saying he is a"broken" when he not! That take thing out of conterns like that dumb "black hole" feat (Which made I add was FILLER!) As in it was only in the anime which mean it is NON-CANON! As it NEVER HAPPEN IN THE MANGA! Which it means it never happen at all -- But even if that black hole feat was valid my friend did the cals in the video I link and it was a NORMAL black hole not a summisne black hole! Which a normal black hole is not that strong to someone from DBZ! I just so sick of the OPMTARD! At this point I wish I could BEAT OPM in ONE PUNCH to point where HE NEVER COME BACK! -_-

• Why does One Punch Man have to be compared to anything else, or have his strength tested against Goku's? Why can't I just like the show for what it is?

I would be so excited to see the dub of OPM on Toonami. That would be epic.

• @gohan6425:

No it really NOT! The opmtards KILL IT FOR ME to EVER give it a changes! Do you know HOW MANY comments I got where that said "OPM man beats Goku in One Punch?" Or "OPM man beats (place vs person here) in One Punch?" Do you know how FREAKIN dumb and annory that is!? -- And I can't take it anymore! B/c no mader how must research I part to prove this guys is CLEARLY ONLY Planet Level AT BEST! That keep saying he is a"broken" when he not! That take thing out of conterns like that dumb "black hole" feat (Which made I add was FILLER!) As in it was only in the anime which mean it is NON-CANON! As it NEVER HAPPEN IN THE MANGA! Which it means it never happen at all -- But even if that black hole feat was valid my friend did the cals in the video I link and it was a NORMAL black hole not a summisne black hole! Which a normal black hole is not that strong to someone from DBZ! I just so sick of the OPMTARD! At this point I wish I could BEAT OPM in ONE PUNCH to point where HE NEVER COME BACK! -_-

The Flash could kill (literally anything else) in one punch. By your own admission you never watched the show, so how did YOU prove anything? And in your interest you may want to drop the subject. Otherwise you'll get SMH to whip out his beating stick.

@nubguy:

I would be so excited to see the dub of OPM on Toonami. That would be epic.

I agree, a dub would be nice to have.

• @nubguy:

Why does One Punch Man have to be compared to anything else, or have his strength tested against Goku's? Why can't I just like the show for what it is?

Honestly I'm with you on this one nubguy. It literally does not matter, and some annoying fans aside, One Punch Man has a following for a very particular reason. And like his whole deal funny enough seems to be the antithesis, or simply put, the complete opposite/counter to the overpowered hero character, and almost a parody/comedy of that type of archetype.

As for the annoying commentors Gohan, you know the ones of people saying SAITAMA CAN BEAT ANYONE because yadda yadda, don't let it get to you. Funny enough, you should handle trolls and annoying commentors like SAITAMA DOES!

• @classyspartan:

Honestly I'm with you on this one nubguy. It literally does not matter, and some annoying fans aside, One Punch Man has a following for a very particular reason.

But that is not the spirit of fandom of anything. I mean without trolls we wouldn't get something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE