JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Dub

• I have a question about this show. I just started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure season 1 on Crunchyroll the other night and I was amazed at how good the show is. I had heard people really liked it, but I didn't realize how much I would like it. Everything about the show is awesome. I plan to binge watch the whole thing now and catch up to the currently airing stuff.

My question is this: Should I continue watching the sub on Crunchyroll, or should I get the DVDs on RightStuf and watch the dub? Which version did you watch, and why?

On a side note, Dio is the worst!

• @nubguy:

Should I continue watching the sub on Crunchyroll, or should I get the DVDs on RightStuf and watch the dub?

Yes.

@nubguy:

Which version did you watch, and why?

Stardust Crusaders and up- subtitled as they came out. And when SC's first three episodes were dubbed, watched them, first on Crunchyroll when available, then again at Anime Central 2015.

PB & BT I watched dubbed on DVD.

• Honestly from what I've been told, while the Jojo Dub is good…...apparently the DVD release is one of the worst physical releases that's been put out as of late. Granted, that's probably more in terms of the general collector crowd which I don't know much about. Probably Hardy or someone else can speak on that behalf.

On the other hand, Viz Media has licensed the entirety of the Jojo Anime and will probably give it a much better/more proper DVD re-release, hell maybe even Blu-Ray too.

I say for the time being, just continue watching the show on Crunchyroll, possibly wait a bit on the DVD release, at least until they confirm what they plan to do with re-releasing it and dubbing for the rest of the series.

• @classyspartan:

Granted, that's probably more in terms of the general collector crowd which I don't know much about.

The DVD menus being trash (and lack of Blu-ray) are the biggest complaints https://forums.hummingbird.me/t/jojos-bizarre-adventure-2012-is-getting-a-north-american-dvd-release-update-12-09-2015/24373

I'd say just wait for Viz to rerelease (I don't think they'd redub but I heard the dub is fine anyway) or watch the sub.

• "Viz Media announced at a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure panel at Anime Expo on Friday that it will release Part 1 (Phantom Blood) of the new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure television anime series on Blu-ray Disc. The company confirmed that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, who released Parts 1 and 2 in a DVD set, still holds the DVD rights to the series."

"Viz Media also confirmed that the Blu-ray Disc release will include an English dub featuring Patrick Seitz as Dio, but didn't confirm if the company is redubbing the series or if it is using Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's dub (Seitz voiced Dio in the Warner dub)."

Source: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-01/viz-media-to-release-jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-1-on-blu-ray-disc/.103877)

• I think the JoJo dub is good, but frankly I haven't heard that and am only saying it because it has Johnny Yong Bosch, Ben Diskin, Michelle Ruff, and Patrick Seitz as Dio. I'm just wondering where the SC dub is, because if it goes like the test dub, Matthew Mercer will play the lead.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtL-UwlTbY

Whoopsie, how did this get here?