Protected: ATTEMPTING TO ESCAPE CLOSED SPACE. USER INPUT NEEDED. REMEMBER THE STORY

• @FUNImation:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/14/attempting-to-escape-closed-space-user-input-needed-remember-the-story-of-oneword/

This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Password:

????????????????? Apparently, this blog post is something of FUNimation; "You Shouldn't Be Watching…"

EDIT: Google is your friend. Apparently people who read FUNimation, but don't post on these forums, figured out the password; athough I did check Spaceman posting something on another thread as well...

snowwhite

Out comes the following:

@FUNimation:

Haruhi is returning, with a special 10 year anniversary release!

One of the most popular and influential anime of the last decade, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is coming back to home video. After being out of print for years, we"re bringing it back in time for its 10th anniversary, along with a special collector"s edition. You can pre-order on June 15, and here"s what you can look forward to:

The complete series (seasons 1+2 together) is on Blu-ray for the first time in North America, presented in the same rebroadcast order used on the Japanese Blu-ray release. A DVD release will also be available.

We"ll also be including a guide in the release of how to watch the entire two-season series in various other orders, including the super-popular broadcast order, chronological order, and DVD order!

The release will have many of the extras originally included Bandai release — as well as some that have never been seen in North America!

For ultimate fans, we"re also releasing a special The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Ultimate Collector"s Edition Blu-ray set!

This features not only the original two season series, but the chibi spinoffs The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya + Nyoron! Churuya-san AND the new Nagato-centric alternate universe spinoff, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan all in a premium set with a collector"s chipboard box plus a filler box with art cards!

The filler box happens to be about the same size as a Blu-ray case and can be removed to fit something else…

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya is based on the hilarious spinoff chibi manga with all the characters a little more exaggerated than before—and a Haruhi-chan that"s more Haruhi than Haruhi. Nyoron! Churuya-san is based on a popular webcomic-turned-meme full of deadpan humor centered around a smoked cheese-loving version of Tsuruya. These are also available together as a standalone DVD release on the same day at the series, but the Ultimate Collector"s Edition is the only way to get them on Blu-ray along with the art cards!

The spinoff series, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, follows the characters in the universe featured in the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and will be available as a Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack separately as well!

Meh, not so "secret blog post" anymore. :) If you wanted a "real secret password", well that one should have been obvious…

@dougswisher:

So Japan can put out a whole soundtrack project in time for the 10th anniversary of Haruhi Suzumiya, but Funimation can't even be bothered to rebadge the old release they bought….

Come forth Kool-Aid man and the White Knights! Funimation needs you to rescue them since they can't speak for themselves!

@Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya
    Following the 2012 closure of Bandai Entertainment, Funimation announced at Otakon 2014 that they have licensed the anime television series.

Indeed, we must pay homage to the recently departed souls. May they forever be at peace…

https://youtu.be/WChTqYlDjtI/

FUNimation dumping a hotly contested product only weeks after it's biggest critic /ragequit? Indeed, this sudden action is a N.H.K conspiracy, I tell you!

https://youtu.be/xGUsd9jePKI

Anyways, if anyone would like to explain why I should care about this Anime, please feel free to do so. I, otherwise don't get why everyone "is so emotional" over this. I could list a ton of "out of print series" that is results in a far bigger "Crime Against Humanity" then this nonsense…

• Those freakishly favorable reviews? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6430

I'm probably going to watch it when it comes out to streaming and assuming after I'm done with my backlog of the classically inclined anime which are To Love Ru, GitS SAC, and Lucky Star.

• @darthrutsula:

Those freakishly favorable reviews?

Well, I mean is… why would someone like dougswisher troll for 3 years, and /ragequit, over one show. I mean, you don't see "trashin' up a storm" because my favorite series (Ah! My Goddess) never gets the final OVA's released NA region.

No matter... looks like they declassified this news article for everyone, so of course...

• @thegrandalliance:

Well, I mean is… why would someone like dougswisher troll for 3 years, and /ragequit, over one show.

He didn't over just one show.

It was mainly the Steins;Gate movie that he was mad about. Haruhi was his #2 and Lucky Star was #3. I don't think he really cared about the Strike Witches movie to be honest.

He just let his anger over Steins;Gate build and build over the years to the point where it completely consumed him, and he honestly, genuinely, lost it.

It's a shame, really. :hmm:

• This post is deleted!

• @SpacemanHardy:

He didn't over just one show.

Okay, 3 shows. So what? I mean, you yourself probably have 19238470324 shows you are mad (FMA; for one) FUNimation messed around with. Yet, you are still here :)

No matter, I really think this is some sort of conspiracy by FUNImation… I mean Sophie/CJ MUST have known last month when me/dougs "had our Grand Battle" that this announcement was right around the corner (WTF are they doing in TX otherwise); would have been able to defuse the argument, but yet they let it go.

Then, over that one blog post about "Time Travel in Anime" (the thread which was deleted now), he declared his exit. It is almost like someone at FUNI was "strategically pushing his buttons"; I must say, most skillfully so, simply to get him to leave. Most epic, nevertheless…

No matter... I wonder what dougswisher is now, if/when he ever got this news. Probably in a "ROFLCOPTER" mode, to say the least...

• @SpacemanHardy:

He just let his anger over Steins;Gate build and build over the years to the point where it completely consumed him, and he honestly, genuinely, lost it.

So I guess we're all to assume that he is off training with his Sith Lord to strengthen the darkness in him?

• I can confirm that we did not ban him. We've only ever banned spammers.

I actually didn't know that we'd be announcing soon, since the announcement was dependent upon other things happening.

• … I'm joking. I actually haven't been paying any attention to announcements/releases recently at all and screamed a little in my cubicle when I saw this along with everyone else. ^_^ Haruhi is one of my favorites.

• @Cheat:

So I guess we're all to assume that he is off training with his Sith Lord to strengthen the darkness in him?

this is hilarious. I needed that laugh. thank you so much

• @Cheat:

But… he hasn't had any communications with me so he can't be?

• @darthrutsula:

But… he hasn't had any communications with me so he can't be?

FYI, your not the only "Sith Lord" out there… :)

@Sophie:

I actually didn't know that we'd be announcing soon, since the announcement was dependent upon other things happening.

@CJ:

… I'm joking. I actually haven't been paying any attention to announcements/releases recently at all and screamed a little in my cubicle when I saw this along with everyone else. Haruhi is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/VBe_guezGGc

• @thegrandalliance:

FYI, your not the only "Sith Lord" out there… :)

You're right, cuz I'm not a sith lord. I just use the moniker. I would fit better as a grey jedi since I agree with the ideologies of both sides. Though if we were to really get down to it, I would probably consider myself more in line with the potentium theory. Where the force doesn't have a light or dark side but it is how you use the force that determines whether or not it was dark or light based.

The jedi are great and all but their selflessness is a bit self destructive, and the Sith are a bit too selfish and impulsive that no one in the right mind would want to be around one, UNLESS you are/were a close friend to them since they generally promote for ability and aptitude for "not fing up" and even then the really good lords were smart enough to look over your f ups. Darth Vader was a good Sith Lord, and so was Darth Marr and many others. Marr was more interested in keeping the empire together and at least had the inclination of living symbiotically with the Republic, but the council would never approve of this. Vader didn't kill his officers in cold blood when they f***ed up something like getting a tractor lock on the Falcon because it went into lightspeed before they got it. They had common sense like "okay they realistically couldn't have done this so I won't kill him." You don't see the Jedi do this because they believe in this bizarre thing such as "right to life" kind of logic.

• @darthrutsula:

You're right, cuz I'm not a sith lord. I just use the moniker. I would fit better as a grey jedi since I agree with the ideologies of both sides. Though if we were to really get down to it, I would probably consider myself more in line with the potentium theory. Where the force doesn't have a light or dark side but it is how you use the force that determines whether or not it was dark or light based.

Normally, I wouldn't do this for self-evident reasons… however as for the "Greater Interest of the Internet":

• ^ You have NOOOOOOOOOOOO room to talk, my friend.

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ You have NOOOOOOOOOOOO room to talk, my friend.

Read above disclaimer:

@thegrandalliance:

Normally, I wouldn't do this for self-evident reasons…

• @thegrandalliance:

Normally, I wouldn't do this for self-evident reasons… however as for the "Greater Interest of the Internet":

All I read here is, "Please say more senpai!"

There are actually multiple theories and applications behind what the force is and what it can do, one of which was something similar to instant transmission like they have in DBZ, even Jacen Solo was able to demonstrate it (or was it Luke?) idk. I read the source book Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide To The Force like three times, I've watched the movies countless times (except TFA where I watched exactly 6 times) Played the games numerous times, my favorite being the "incomplete" Knights of the Old Republic 2 with my favorite characters being Jacen, Kreia and Thrawn, two of which really gave you a different view of the force. My favorite novel series was the New Jedi Order and my favorite single book was Deceived (literally made me cry). People really like to bash the prequels but I would imagine that they didn't think beyond the fact that there was more to star wars than action, which the OT had in spades.

Honestly it wasn't until around October 2014 when I actually started watching anime. With Feburary 2015 propelling me even further when I first played Hyperdimension Neptunia and just instantly fell in love with it. High School DxD, Akame Ga Kill, and Trinity Seven (oddly enough I watched all three about the same time) were just the gateways.

So yes I'm a nerd, you got a problem with that?

• @darthrutsula:

So yes I'm a nerd, you got a problem with that?

We're on the Funimation forums, for God's sake. EVERYONE here is a nerd. ^_^

• @SpacemanHardy:

We're on the Funimation forums, for God's sake. EVERYONE here is a nerd.

I just think that calling someone out as a nerd, with an obviously derogatory use of the word, on a part of the internet (or hell literally anywhere on the net) where pretty much everyone you will come across will either be a hardcore fan or a casual, seems a bit stupid to say.

Its like saying "that circle is round" well no duh its round ITS A CIRCLE.

And I will be a Star Wars fan before anything else. Neptunia comes second though.

• @SpacemanHardy:

We're on the Funimation forums, for God's sake. EVERYONE here is a nerd.

I should clarify my statement… When I meant "nerd", I mean full blow lvl 5 mode: There are different "degrees of nerdom", as it were. I mean, WTF was with the essay on the Jedi/Sith relations have anything to do with this thread? :)

No matter, carry on...

• @thegrandalliance:

I mean, WTF was with the essay on the Jedi/Sith relations have anything to do with this thread?

http://imgur.com/gallery/wnIaRyJ

Because this is how I felt.

Aside: And I am now really confused on how to pictures on these forums. I DID try the ![](stuff but it just gave me a broken thumbnail.)