Anyone with experience on JP PSN?

• I ask because I noticed that Future Tone is preorderable on the market place there but I don't particularly know how to "add funds" to the JP PSN. Like they won't take paypal because they region lock everything, but not IP block. Literally just need to select Japan as a region and pop I have access to everything. Probably a result of Japan's inexperience with the interwebs. But yea its hard to find a place that uses a proper conversion rate from usd to yen since most places prefer to go with the 100:1 approach. Personally I would prefer to save the few bucks where I can.

Anyone got a good site for getting japanese funds into the psn wallet?

and as a side question, anyone think you could transfer the balance between the two accounts?

• @darthrutsula:

Anyone got a good site for getting japanese funds into the psn wallet?

and as a side question, anyone think you could transfer the balance between the two accounts?

1. Yes, you can buy gift-cards using sites such as "www.play-asia.com". I used this site (if i remember correctly) to buy a limited edition "Ah! My Goddess" PS2 game, so it does work. You can either have them physically mail you a gift card, or they do digitally as well. They are a Chinese Company; Hong Kong, if I remember correctly.

2. No… it is called "Digital Rights Management" for a reason. I did also research some Japanese retailers. They either don't sell on their sites (including major companies), or they force you to use non-credit cards (so JPN bank account only). It is as if Walmart/Target/Gamestop decided to not sell things on their website. Japanese delusion with Nationalism is reason their economy sucks so much at the moment.

BTW, if you are wondering what I am gonna do.. I am likely to simply wait until I go to Japan: Put something else on my "shopping list", as it were. Still waiting for the Sony Press Conference and info as to whether Future Tone will come stateside, but until then of course, patience is key.

Of course, it would be nice if Japanese people weren't living in 1600's "Tokugawa Shogunate" mentality (ban all white people), and actually made their stuff widely available, like "normal Humans of Earth". Of course, simply a Cost of Freedom for "caring so much". Another reason why Anime has problems gaining in traction in USA, but that is another long story of course nevertheless...

#JapaneseNationalismFTW

• Hey Darth, did you figure it out yet? IDK what time of day on Japan time it goes on sale, but it should be out sometime today (it is 6/23 Japan Standard Time at time of this post).

MUST….. HAVE'D... MIKU...

http://snowmiku.com/skytown/index_en.html

BTW, I recently discovered that they opened up a "SNOW MIKU Museum" located inside an airport in Hokkaido, Japan (the northern island).

The nice thing about this airport, is that it is "inverted". Most of the entire aiport is a shopping mall, outside of security… only the gate areas are restricted. So you can go there whenever.

...guess where I will be going in few months :)

• Huh it is out now O.o as it stands i'm just blindly clicking through the store to "buy" the prelude.

@thegrandalliance:

Hey Darth, did you figure it out yet? IDK what time of day on Japan time it goes on sale, but it should be out sometime today (it is 6/23 Japan Standard Time at time of this post).

It is out now but it looks like I'm gonna have to suffer through with the 10:1 conversion rate, as much as i'd hate to.

Oh and it looks like Play Asia is the best bet http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-card-ticket-5000-yen-for-japanese-network-/13/703xk4 for the "best" price.

So while you're in Japan you could probably buy up a bunch of PSN cards since (through my research) they are really high demand.

• @darthrutsula:

It is out now but it looks like I'm gonna have to suffer through with the 10:1 conversion rate, as much as i'd hate to.

Its not 10:1… according to this posting:

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-card-ticket-10000-yen-for-japanese-network/13/703xk3

The conversion rate is about 8% or so premium. That is, if you went and converted USD to YEN at approx 104 to 1; you should be buying the 10,000 YEN card for $96, not at $104. That is how they make their money. Sometimes I see sates on this site, and it goes to a fair price… nevertheless it is all over the place.

I noticed that there is a better deal, however for the 5000 YEN card...

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-card-ticket-5000-yen-for-japanese-network-/13/703xk4

it is only 4% or so loss, as it costs 50 for 5000 (which is reasonable at current exchange rates). I would suggest you load up on these ones, while you can.

Personally, I decided I am gonna wait until I get to AKIBA before doing anything. I REAAAAAALY want the MIKU skinned PS4 that was released today as well; problem is cannot ship it outside of JPN (must buy from PS online store) and of course it is limited. Although I probably won't be able to get one, I much rather wait anyways. Gives me "hope" :) And I really don't "need" it now, of course…

• This post is deleted!

• I did, downloaded future tone already, the module DLC and the two music packages, and all I've gotta say is….

OH MY GOD IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL COMPARED TO PREVIOUS ITERATIONS OF THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yea I wanted to save the 40 cents per dollar but the 50$ for 5000 yen is the best you'll come across.

I wish I had a very basic understanding of the language though because i'm gonna have to crash course what everything is/does pretty quickly.

But you know what the 100$ is totally worth it.

• @darthrutsula:

But yea I wanted to save the 40 cents per dollar but the 50$ for 5000 yen is the best you'll come across.

4.0* cents per dollar… your brain is off by a power of 10. But no matter, indeed it should be good; as it is MIKU, of course :)

Now, you just need to unlock this song:

https://youtu.be/1K3in6w9tt4

• @thegrandalliance:

4.0* cents per dollar… your brain is off by a power of 10. But no matter, indeed it should be good; as it is MIKU, of course :)

Now, you just need to unlock this song:

https://youtu.be/1K3in6w9tt4

I'm not sure if you unlock songs or if you just get them all outright. But I am more interested in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swqbfMh467A which is one of my favorites, though Saturation would be pretty cool too.

Now, sadly, I have to go to bed.

• BTW, I noticed you liked "Snow MiKU". Since I will be going "to the motherland" soon, perhaps I can interest you in something from this official Crypton store in Sapporo Region Airport:

http://snowmiku.com/skytown/goods.html

Earlier today I secured me hotels for the last few weeks, including Sapporo (where the MIKU creator company is located at). Looks like me gonna be preeeeety close to "The HQ of Epicness"… like uh, .5 mile away maybe.

https://goo.gl/maps/RBfy2ZEqfe82

And its gonna be "her birthday" (and supposedly release date of V4X) when I am there as well on Aug 31. Must say, my timing is not without purpose, nevertheless…

And hotels, so cheap. Good ones (Toyoko Inn, is like "Courtyard by Marriott" terms of capacity, but not stupid) for 60USD/night or less (outside Tokyo). Long as exchange rate doesn't blow up in me face, looking better by the day it is so…

• I particularly like the latest snow miku

Also you start off with access to ALL of the songs in the game when you get them downloaded. So I got several hours of entertainment (or frustration) in store for me. Too bad this will be the third rhythm game I'll have ever played. I'm gonna have to get good xD

And I, as someone who doesn't like chibi, don't really like most of the stuff on that site you got listed there xD So really its just the full size Miku one from the Yuki Miku Trading Rubber Strap that has me interested. Maybe Luka and Miku from the Acrylic characters stand (KEI).

• @darthrutsula:

And I, as someone who doesn't like chibi

O'rely? So that "chibi" picture of yours above is thusly so,

….ehm, no matter. I am sure they got full size stuff as well. I certainly see it spammed alot on her official blog as well.

Well, you got time to think about it. Assuming I am able to post stuff on forums, I can always "canvass the site" with pictures of stuff when I get there I suppose :) I will be there for 4 days or so, so plenty of time to decide.

Although, a better q would be: What do you want? I will be attending of course the Magical Mirai convention (which also has stuff for sale), so of course there will be tons of things out there. If there is something particular, it would probably be easy to do, in either case…

In other news, nice to know that all the songs are unlocked... none of this "nonsense" otherwise. However, I do have a q: If all the songs are unlocked, what are you playing for? The costumes? I mean, what is the "point of the game", from a gamer's stand anyways, of course...

BTW nubguy, if you are reading this (for whatever reason): There is actually a few "Dagashi" of sorts MIKU themed out there I have yet to post about. Such as:

IDK, I think I am gonna have to buy myself some "food" when I am there. Of course, they also have a cafe there as well:

…as I think all the money I will be effectively "saving" from going below budget on hotel costs; I know where that is going... :)

Indeed, OTAKU who go to Japan need to watch there $$$... as you can easily blow $1000 without a second thought (especially in Akihabara) in a days time, np...

Of course, I think I know what you REAAAALY want, Nep-Nep...

Yea, I am really starting to think I need to bring a larger suitcase…

• I generally don't like chibi but that doesn't mean I can't like some things that are chibi. In general as an art style I just flat out don't like it, but I do like some chibi things, like the snow miku i got there. Chibi is supposed to be kawaii and well to me I don't think that most chibi is kawaii.

And that purple statue doesn't sit too well with me, I think it has something to do with her face (it bothers me a lot). I do like the Noire one though

! And there is a Blanc one that is really good too
    !

I would love to have a NEXT Purple if one did exist but I don't think there is one.

my brother got me this one for chirtsmas. I have my issues with it but I won't complain.

!

I think I may have some really high standards for Purple herself since I am largely dissatisfied with most. I feel that one for Neptune would be better suited as a figure.

@thegrandalliance:

In other news, nice to know that all the songs are unlocked… none of this "nonsense" otherwise. However, I do have a q: If all the songs are unlocked, what are you playing for? The costumes? I mean, what is the "point of the game", from a gamer's stand anyways, of course...

Based on what I'm seeing, there is a scoring system with a leaderboard and stuff. You do get points to unlock costumes and stuff but its not like you're unlocking all 220 songs. From what I can tell of rhythm games you mostly play to play. I think that rhythm games are used by gamers to help improve reaction timing if you are a hardcore gamer which is partially what I want to accomplish. I suck with my timings sometimes the only thing i'm good at in league of losers and situational awareness, my mechanics suck ass. I can right-click though, which is why my main role is ADC. I can't play the technical champions very well because i'm either pressing buttons too fast where I do the combo/rotation out of order, or I'm just not as fast as my opponent. I think a Rhythm game may help me with that.

• @darthrutsula:

Based on what I'm seeing, there is a scoring system with a leaderboard and stuff. You do get points to unlock costumes and stuff but its not like you're unlocking all 220 songs. From what I can tell of rhythm games you mostly play to play.

Ahhh, see. Well no matter then.

The only "REAL" reason to play a Project Diva game is to use the "Live Edit" function and make your own videos (either with your own music or preexisting). LIke Ievan Polka. Or otherwise.

Else, just watching the videos by themselves is fine. Personally, I could care less about the "rhythm nonsense"… just a pretext to get you to buy the game, as I do say so myself. The Musical PV score is all that matters...

@darthrutsula:

I suck with my timings sometimes the only thing i'm good at in league of losers and situational awareness, my mechanics suck ass. I can right-click though, which is why my main role is ADC. I can't play the technical champions very well because i'm either pressing buttons too fast where I do the combo/rotation out of order, or I'm just not as fast as my opponent. I think a Rhythm game may help me with that.

LoL, I guess I am opposite. I cannot understand "attack move" for the life of me; nonetheless, ADC sucks :)

@darthrutsula:

And that purple statue doesn't sit too well with me,

Ahh LoL, no that is some random picture I found on Amazon via GOOGLE Image Search. I imagine I could find a much better grade (and costlier) one at Akiba if I tried therefore…