Samurai Champloo just pissed me off!!!!! RANT!

• WTF did I just watch!? Samurai Champloo just stereotype the United States of America! Calling us "Yankers"! Making a soldiers look ass asshole! And making fun of are sport baseball! Making American look like cheater, and bad guys! Like WTF!? I like this anime, but how can I even take this anime seriusly anymore!? I don't even wanted to watch anymore I sooo piss off! -_-

• ….................lol wut.

You...probably do realize that in general the western world did not have the greatest of track records in terms of imperialism right?

Honestly I think this whole thing was more of a parody of the American ideal already. Like for God's sake Champloo's deal is that it's a fusion of eastern and western culture with elements of American hip hop culture already.

As well as the show EXCLUSIVELY doing anothing Edo period samurai show and actually NOT making it provides nationalism which could totally be accepted.

But no. They make fun of Americans, something that's been done MANY TIMES OVER IN OTHER ANIME ALREADY and that draws the line? I don't get it.

• @gohan6425:

And making fun of are sport baseball

You know that baseball is INSANELY popular in Japan right?

@gohan6425:

Making American look like cheater, and bad guys!

Sometimes we are.

@gohan6425:

Samurai Champloo just stereotype the United States of America! Calling us "Yankers"!

Wait I didn't know I was supposed to take offense to this.

@gohan6425:

Making a soldiers look ass asshole!

They're not always the most stand-up of people.

@gohan6425:

Making American look like cheater

Hey man, if I see the opportunity I will take it. Honesty is BS anyway, literally everywhere discourages it because you won't be able to advance at all. They want you to be honest because that means you are a sucker and they don't want that. Unless you are using cheater meaning infidelity in which case I am totally against.

• Let… me try to put it in a way that you can understand.

You know how shows like South Park and Family Guy pretty much make their living off of poking fun at other countries?

Well, this is kinda like that, only on the Japanese side of things. And to be honest.... We kinda deserve it.

That's pretty much what the definition of "satire" is. We poke fun at things in a good-hearted nature and hope that folks don't get mad at us.

After all, that's pretty much what the whole notion of "Freedom of Speech" is based around, is it not?

So basically, as long as they're not launching nukes at us, laugh it off and deal with it.

• @gohan6425:

how can I even take this anime seriusly anymore!?

Don't take it seriously to begin with.

• @classyspartan:

….................lol wut.

You...probably do realize that in general the western world did not have the greatest of track records in terms of imperialism right?

Honestly I think this whole thing was more of a parody of the American ideal already. Like for God's sake Champloo's deal is that it's a fusion of eastern and western culture with elements of American hip hop culture already.

As well as the show EXCLUSIVELY doing anothing Edo period samurai show and actually NOT making it provides nationalism which could totally be accepted.

But no. They make fun of Americans, something that's been done MANY TIMES OVER IN OTHER ANIME ALREADY and that draws the line? I don't get it.

UH NO! That clearly where stereotype! And offend me as an American! That make a look diry that make us like jerks and cheater1 As if Japan had not cheater before may I remember everyone of what did to us in World War 2 !? -_- This shit in that ep. was VERY disresepectful!

• @gohan6425:

As if Japan had not cheater before may I remember everyone of what did to us in World War 2 !?

Yes, because what we did to them in WW2 was SOOOOO MUCH BETTER. -_-

• @gohan6425:

may I remember everyone of what did to us in World War 2 !?

May I remember you what WE did to them in World War 2? You can't try to legitimize what happens in times of war. What they sneak attacked us? Pearl Harbor? It only makes sense. What would you do? Attack in the middle of the day and tell them that you will attack at noon and to prepare for it? WW2 was Japan's entrance on the world's stage, the fact that they did as well as they did against the US is admirable. But rapid expansion causes problems later on.

• @darthrutsula:

You know that baseball is INSANELY popular in Japan right?

Sometimes we are.

Wait I didn't know I was supposed to take offense to this.

They're not always the most stand-up of people.

Hey man, if I see the opportunity I will take it. Honesty is BS anyway, literally everywhere discourages it because you won't be able to advance at all. They want you to be honest because that means you are a sucker and they don't want that. Unless you are using cheater meaning infidelity in which case I am totally against.

I Hate South Park and Family Guy as there VERY OFFEND TOO! B/c of the same reason! No one should be disrespectful like that are!

• @darthrutsula:

What they sneak attacked us? Pearl Harbor?

There is no such thing as being "sneak attacked": It is that of simply poor strategy (failure to anticipate) by the defender. Of course, if you "believe the conspiracy theories", Roosevelt knew Japan was going to hit Hawaii and let it happen for the sake of humanity; to get into WWII, defeat Hitler, save Earth.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yes, because what we did to them in WW2 was SOOOOO MUCH BETTER. -_-

Yes what we did was BAD! But that started it so there at fault for it! So in a way it was Japan fault as that wanted to play diary so US play it right back… It sad it happen that way but you can't not we where at fault since that was game Japan wanted to play at the started...

@darthrutsula:

May I remember you what WE did to them in World War 2? You can't try to legitimize what happens in times of war. What they sneak attacked us? Pearl Harbor? It only makes sense. What would you do? Attack in the middle of the day and tell them that you will attack at noon and to prepare for it? WW2 was Japan's entrance on the world's stage, the fact that they did as well as they did against the US is admirable. But rapid expansion causes problems later on.

"Sneak" Attack is an UNDERSTATEMENT! That wanted play diary b/c that though we would be scary of Japan but the ONLY thing Japan did was PISS us OFF and we declare war on Japan the next day after Pearl Harbor!

@thegrandalliance:

There is no such thing as being "sneak attacked": It is that of simply poor strategy (failure to anticipate) by the defender. Of course, if you "believe the conspiracy theories", Roosevelt knew Japan was going to hit Hawaii and let it happen for the sake of humanity; to get into WWII, defeat Hitler, save Earth.

THAT A BUNCH OF BS! There are alot of conspiracy theories that are pretty good ones but this one is NOT true… We where neutral for a reason hell we where neutral in world war 1 at 1st too... We did not wanted get in the war but Japan forces are hand too b/c that wanted us to be scary of them...

• A shame you didn't like it, that was always one of my favorite Samurai Champloo episodes. But then, I tend to find baseball/sports episodes a ton of fun in general.

• This post is deleted!

• The show was made by and for japanese people, it's logic that they made themselves be the good guys. If you hate it that much, just stop watching it. It's just entertainment in the end, if it doesn't do the job for you, go look somewhere else, there's nothing wrong with that.

• You must not like comedians don't you?

• @gohan6425:

UH NO! That clearly where stereotype! And offend me as an American! That make a look diry that make us like jerks and cheater1 As if Japan had not cheater before may I remember everyone of what did to us in World War 2 !? -_- This shit in that ep. was VERY disresepectful!

For your sake let's hope you don't enjoy Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck or Superman or Captain America

• @Riles:

For your sake let's hope you don't enjoy Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck or Superman or Captain America

Or Bugs Bunny.

And we ALL know he doesn't like Superman.

• @Kam2013:

A shame you didn't like it, that was always one of my favorite Samurai Champloo episodes. But then, I tend to find baseball/sports episodes a ton of fun in general.

It not that used baseball it was the fact the disrespect us with it that piss me off!

@Riles:

I HATE MICKEY MOUSE, AND I HATE SUPERMAN! So yet… Captain America is cool though...

• Eh it's kind of true here come these Americans throwing threats around to get what they want and basically changing Japanese culture forever I liked that Samurai Champloo showed that if anything it made me mad at the Americans not the Japanese so you were the assholes and very arrogant in this situation.

• @forbsz:

Eh it's kind of true here come these Americans throwing threats around to get what they want and basically changing Japanese culture forever I liked that Samurai Champloo showed that if anything it made me mad at the Americans not the Japanese so you were the assholes and very arrogant in this situation.

UH WRONG! I not being arrogant! It a FACT! In WW2 Japan ATTACK are people! How is that being FREAKIN arrogant! Your asshole for state this crap! Japan had done more threats then we EVER did back in the day! -_-

• I think this topic has served its purpose. Nothing wrong with a good debate, but once the insults start flying and it becomes another spitting & pissing match, it's time to lock things up.