JUNE- what to expect from funimation

• A couple of weeks before June we were told that in June we could expect an Appletv funimationNow app and the amazontv or whatever it was called. Well it's the 11th, no feedback, the article/post vanished and once again we are left in the dark

• if it's still happening this month, it will suddenly appear. the post hasn't gone anywhere, it's till up

• Things have been moved to September, as evidenced in this blog post/thread I have made:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?11178-quot-Check-Out-What-s-Next-for-FUNimation-NOW!-quot

• I'm pretty sick of delays, by the time the tv apps actually come out, I probably won't even notice for weeks because I've stopped coming here regularly looking for updates

• @ahkiva:

I'm pretty sick of delays, by the time the tv apps actually come out, I probably won't even notice for weeks because I've stopped coming here regularly looking for updates

Well, which would you rather have?

1. A player released before it is ready, filled with game-breaking bugs?
    2. A polished player that works, but is released later?

• @ahkiva:

I'm pretty sick of delays, by the time the tv apps actually come out, I probably won't even notice for weeks because I've stopped coming here regularly looking for updates

You and me both. At this rate I won't be resubbing for an entire year anymore. They keep moving things and don't keep us up to date with Twitter or Facebook but they are on point when it comes to spamming your inbox with DVDs that I don't care about or spamming YouTube with dark matter. Even the news section is just ridiculous, it's more like announcements not news

• @thegrandalliance:

For once, I'm actually going to agree with TGA.

I believe it was Miyamoto who said "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

Granted, he said this back in an age before downloadable patches and fixes were a thing, but the main concept still persists.

Please just be patient. Funimation is working very hard to make sure everything is in proper working order before they release the app. Trust us, it'll be worth it. Dragons are indeed coming. ~_^

• @timrobasa:

You and me both. At this rate I won't be resubbing for an entire year anymore

The decision, as to whether a full year or not, is really one based upon monetary value. If you want to watch a ton of shows in a small period of time (< 3 months), then a shorter sub time is best value. However, if you want to watch the simulcasts as they happen, the full year is by far the best value per dollar spent.

@SpacemanHardy:

I believe it was Miyamoto who said "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

Indeed, as you are correct. I should have remembered to use this; but yet I am a Traitor, and have been away from Nintendo for some time…

@Wikipedia:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Shigeru_Miyamoto

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

Source: Shigeru Miyamoto: A rushed game is forever bad guardian.co.uk Games Blog, published April 27, 2012

@SpacemanHardy:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Granted, he said this back in an age before downloadable patches and fixes were a thing, but the main concept still persists

Please just be patient. Funimation is working very hard to make sure everything is in proper working order before they release the app. Trust us, it'll be worth it. Dragons are indeed coming. ~_^

When you say trust you I assume you have interacted with or seen the app? And should we still expect it this month?

• This post is deleted!

• @timrobasa:

When you say trust you I assume you have interacted with or seen the app? And should we still expect it this month?

Like I said it is September when it is coming out. Spaceman isn't FUNIstaff, so he wouldn't have the details of course, nevertheless…

• This post is deleted!

• @thegrandalliance:

by far I would rather have a player released, bugs or not, you'd be more inclined to fix them quicker

• @ahkiva:

you'd be more inclined to fix them quicker

This is true. But as we have already seen… how many people will "canceled their subs in protest" in the meantime? It is sorta a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. In either case, I don't' use the apps myself (one of few "Humans of Earth" yet to have a smartphone; although likely to change next month), so I could care less about its release thereof. www.funimation.com works just fine, thank you very much…

• @thegrandalliance:

This is true. But as we have already seen… how many people will "canceled their subs in protest" in the meantime? It is sorta a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. In either case, I don't' use the apps myself (one of few "Humans of Earth" yet to have a smartphone; although likely to change next month), so I could care less about its release thereof. www.funimation.com works just fine, thank you very much…

Ummmm we're not talking about the mobile apps, which are already out, we're talking about the TV apps

• @timrobasa:

A couple of weeks before June we were told that in June we could expect an Appletv funimationNow app and the amazontv or whatever it was called. Well it's the 11th, no feedback, the article/post vanished and once again we are left in the dark

Give us Dragonball Super Dub Date or Code Geass News I how that Dub will go for the OVAS!? And I will be happy :)

• @ahkiva:

Ummmm we're not talking about the mobile apps, which are already out, we're talking about the TV apps

Apps are Apps are Apps… they are all the same, form-factored to the platform. I don't need "FUNimation NOW!"... this website is enough. Nevertheless, if you want to watch stuff using TV, simply connecting a device to a TV also works as well (using an HDMI/video output cable; some have wireless abilities) if you want to do things now, and not wait for the formal app; in either case.