Warcraft: The Beginning

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

I watched this movie several hours ago. Bottom Line: Go See.

Don't believe the spam-bot; generically written, nonsensical "reviews" out there. Most of these so-called "reviews" could be cut/paste for any random movie. They make 0 reference to anything in the movie; character, plot point or otherwise, and just a flood of random words on a page. Indeed, this movie is by far the best possible way to explain the first game in the series.

"People" that are trashing this are either mentally challenged, automated computer programs; part of some sort of anti-Warcraft conspiracy, or otherwise have no idea WTF they are talking about, They probably aren't even aware of the very first Warcraft game (before WoW). Couldn't have adapted that story better, otherwise.

BTW, if you are wondering how the WoW game community received it, they have effective unanimous approval of the movie thereof. The only people who "don't" like it, probably work for Disney or otherwise; and fear that allowing video game movies into the industry will "disrupt their monopoly", as it were.

Alas, to ye Internet Trolls out there…

/maxcondescension

• was gonna see it the moment I saw the first trailer. Will be watching it tomorrow afternoon

• I will be seeing it tomorrow after I get done with work!

As someone who really enjoys the lore and has played WoW for over 10 years now I am excited to see this movie. I also have a lot of trepidation that it will be terrible.

Either way, I am biased so I am sure I will love it.

• saw it a couple hours ago, and I really liked it. No Burning Legion though, so I am curious how that will play out if we get future movies

• @Getchman:

saw it a couple hours ago, and I really liked it. No Burning Legion though, so I am curious how that will play out if we get future movies

Its based upon Warcraft 1 (the 1994 video game); the Burning Legion doesn't make a formal appearance until Warcraft 3. It follows it pretty closely: Basically, the "Human" chapter/campaign (so like 1/2 of the game) of WC1. The second campaign of WC1 is the "Orc" one, which is the destruction of Stormwind. Warcraft 2 is basically "The Return of the Humans"; the fight to reclaim lost lands, and the defeat of the orcs at Black Rock Mountian. I presume the movies will follow along the Warcraft 1-3 storyline, if it continues.

• oh, did not know that. thanks

• @Getchman:

oh, did not know that. thanks

Yea, that's why it is "Warcraft: The Beginning" and not "World of Warcraft". The first 3 games in the series are generally geographically limited.

Of course, you are not the only one to be confused. Lot of the noob reviews out there also think that this is suppose to ==WoW; in reality, it is set 30+ years before WoW in the "prequel" games, as it were.

• right, I was aware of when the movie took place, just not most of the events that happen. Most of what I know prior to WoW is what I learned through WoW game play so I assumed the Legion was a major presence from the start.

• @Getchman:

right, I was aware of when the movie took place, just not most of the events that happen. Most of what I know prior to WoW is what I learned through WoW game play so I assumed the Legion was a major presence from the start.

Although there are technicals of course… the Legion's presence was only know 10,000 years ago in the "War of Ancients", their first invasion attempt of Azeroth. They only make a formal return in WC3 with the undead invasion and the like.

BTW, the Orcs are technically "a Burning Legion Invasion", because Gul'dan is under the direction/control of other Burning Legion agents. However, we typically don't think of the Orcs as being a "Legion Force"; because unlike the Legion (which is like brainwashed), the Orcs have some sort of independence still. The ORC invasion was, as the lore indicates, supposed to be a "pre-invasion" by the Legion; to soften up native forces (the humans/elves), so a full-scale following invasion would go swiftly.

A lot of people don't know that the HORDE is/was actually supposed to be originally "The Bad Guys", at least at first. They still think Alliance/Horde "are equal, or Horde is better" when they do "FOR THE HORDE!" nonsense. In either case, of course they failed... so "Plan C" was the later Undead Scourge Invasion, as evidenced in WC3. As we see in the upcoming WoW Expansion pack "Legion", the "Plan D" is another "Total War" invasion from all forces, it is so...

• I've stayed away from it because the reviews were so bad. Also, I may have played World of Warcraft for more than 10 years but I don't know much the earlier games/lore.

• @Immortus76:

I've stayed away from it because the reviews were so bad.

The "reviews are bad" because the people you are reading, are r******d. Nothing in these reviews are remotely accurate; they can hardly reference a single plot point at all, and they are written/published "because Hollywood has an agenda to destroy this movie", as it were. "Video Game movies cannot succeed', not now, nor ever."

Too bad China disagrees (and thank the heaven's for that), as it is the best movie in China at the moment; breaking records and even surging way past "Star Wars: The Force Awakens". Now, how is that possible? I though SW was supposed to be "best movie of all time (NA box office)". Guess not.

And BTW, the WoW community has virtually unanimous approval over this movie, just check the battle.net forums/comments thereof.

Don't jump off that bridge because your "friend" told you to do so. More so, don't not see a movie because someone (with an agenda) told you "it was bad".

Indeed, as this movie will make you "most proud to be a WoWer"…

• @thegrandalliance:

The "reviews are bad" because the people you are reading, are r******d.

Couldn't you have just said "dumb" instead? Gets the same basic message across without having to be censored or potentially offending someone. :hmm:

• I'll have to check it out with an open mind.

• @Immortus76:

I'll have to check it out with an open mind.

If I may chime in here-

If you are someone who has played WoW for over 10 years I would recommend checking out the movie. Even without knowing a lot of the backround lore you should be able to pick out enough of the locals and characters from the game to give yourself a good sense. (Many of the characters are met in Warlords)

I saw it with a few non-wow playing friends and they had a slightly hard time following? As someone who knows a lot of the lore it was much easier. If you have played the games there are a lot of treats and cool things and over all I really think you will like it.

Is the movie certainly ground breaking and epic and genre defining and all star amazing super spectacular? To the average movie goer-No. To a WoW player-Yes.

P.S. if you ever have any questions on lore feel free to ask me I know a lot of things and can try to explain :3. Or at the least give you a nice wowpedia article haha!!

• @SpacemanHardy:

Couldn't you have just said "dumb" instead? Gets the same basic message across without having to be censored or potentially offending someone.

Who said I was using "the R word"? I could have been saying rEJECTEd (as in, "life's rejects") :)

@Immortus76:

I'll have to check it out with an open mind.

https://youtu.be/GibiNy4d4gc