2016 Anime Heroines Tournament : Champions Match

• 2012 Winner: Saber - Fate series
    2013 Winner: Utena Tenjou - Revolutionary Girl Utena
    2014 Winner: Balsa - Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
    2015 Winner: Sango - Inuyasha
    2016 Winner: Celty Sturluson - Durarara!!

Remember, you can vote for two different characters again ~_^

• Voting for none of them < 3

• Balsa in the poll and Sango in the post.

• voting for Sango

• +2 Sango again. If you cannot do plus +2, then +1 is fine.

Funny how all of the previous winners are among Anime's most popular titles. This tourney should be renamed:

"Anime Heroines Tournament"
    *Unpopular Anime Need Not Apply

• @thegrandalliance:

Funny how all of the previous winners are among FUNimation's most popular titles.

Literally none of those characters are from Funimation shows. :hmm:

Anyways, double points to Balsa.

• Poll to Utena, and post to Saber.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Literally none of those characters are from Funimation shows. :hmm:.

Ahh, yes I should clarify that. Popular among FUNimation's fans here on these forums or otherwise, I should say. I will reedit the original post in either case. Nevertheless, they are still among the most popular *anime titles of course; you cannot argue that.

An oversight on my part, indeed. Quick on the gun as always, Hero of Justice :)

EDIT: Upon further research, technically "Revolutionary Girl Utena" was on FUNimation channel…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Girl_Utena

• @thegrandalliance:

Nevertheless, they are still among the most popular *anime titles of course; you cannot argue that.

Well I can only speak for Saber but for the most popular anime they usually do have really strong nicely developed characters. You can even look at the characters who got far in the polls like Misaka and Kusanagi two of some the best female characters that aren't popular simply because of their body (aside from the fact that this was for animu girls/women)

• Voting for Utena

• @thegrandalliance:

Funny how all of the previous winners are among Anime's most popular titles. This tourney should be renamed:

Well i'm not sure i'd call Revolutionary Girl Utena or Moribito among anime's most popular titles. I wouldn't even call them among Funimation's most popular titles. They're just titles that are respected a lot by certain crowds and are gushed enough by those crowds that a decent number have heard of them, but not quite as many have actually seen them (other titles that would fit in weird section are Wolf's Rain, Mononoke, and the Aria series).

Sorry. That was off topic. Anyways, i don't really see what's wrong with popular characters winning to begin with? All the characters get into this tournament to begin with because they were decided to fit at least a majority of the requirements (a handful of characters get in regardless because of fan insistence, but they almost always get voted out early on). And people are going to vote for characters they like because why not? And people are going to vote for lesser known characters because, chances are, they haven't seen the series that that character is from and why would anyone vote for a character they know nothing about?

• @thegrandalliance:

Nevertheless, they are still among the most popular *anime titles of course; you cannot argue that.

I mean…to try and come on top of at least 200-300 other candidates, the characters has to be PRETTY popular with the majority of the people voting in general.

• @eastunder:

they haven't seen the series that that character is from and why would anyone vote for a character they know nothing about?

You just proved my point: That is why the whole thing is "statically biased". Almost like name recognition in US political elections.

@classyspartan:

I mean…to try and come on top of at least 200-300 other candidates, the characters has to be PRETTY popular with the majority of the people voting in general.

We already did that; as many of my own for instance, were super rare. The best… most of them not. It is indeed possible, nevertheless...

• I think we should do a tournament where we line up a bunch of characters with powers, categorize them by rock, paper, scissors and have it structured that way and with a finale we have rock fight paper fight scissors.

Though lets face it, rocks would have the likes of Saitama Goku and Superman.

• @darthrutsula:

I think we should do a tournament where we line up a bunch of characters with powers, categorize them by rock, paper, scissors and have it structured that way and with a finale we have rock fight paper fight scissors.

Though lets face it, rocks would have the likes of Saitama Goku and Superman.

Hmmm, so some sort of combat-focused match, "SUPREME ANIME SHOWDOWN 2016". Indeed, some way to figure out who is DA BEST FIGHTER!

@Great:

Two Warrior Enter, One Warrior Leave…

• @thegrandalliance:

Two Warrior Enter, One Warrior Leave…

Well actually it would be more like three enter and one leaves.

All my eggs will be with either Accelerator or Dr. Fate.

• I still think that it's absolutely hilarious that for FIVE YEARS IN A ROW, all of the winners thus far have had 5-LETTER NAMES! That's really funny. Also, Sango and Celty find themselves in the same match once more lol.

Poll vote: Saber.

Post vote: Celty.

• @thegrandalliance:

You just proved my point: That is why the whole thing is "statically biased". Almost like name recognition in US political elections.

Ok then, if that's the case, how should this be fixed? How do you think that this kind of tournament should be run where the partipants can still have a voice in who wins? Not trying to condescend or anything, i'm genuinely curious if you think there's a different way to run this that would solve the problems you seem to have with the results?

• Celty in the poll
    Saber in the post

• I'm putting my poll vote to Sango

And my post vote to Celty

• @eastunder:

Ok then, if that's the case, how should this be fixed? How do you think that this kind of tournament should be run where the partipants can still have a voice in who wins? Not trying to condescend or anything, i'm genuinely curious if you think there's a different way to run this that would solve the problems you seem to have with the results?

No worries, a very fair question indeed. As only I can /condescension of them all :)

The Tourney we had was a opt-in one. It wasn't scientific. Furthermore, not everyone voted in each matchup either… as evidenced by the final match's numbers. If you wanted to have an event that was fairly deciding, you would have to either have outside evaluation (some people's votes count more then others), or statistical multiplier (a handicap) on some of the candidates. Howver, to do such would be very difficult to mathematically model to make it "fair".

Perhaps, more effect solution, is to simply reduce the number of entrants to something "reasonable"; it should ensure that nominations "actually mean something". Also, the best way to ensure fairness is simply to only allow certain candidates in, in the first place. Each listing must "prove" themselves worthy of entering. That way, when the tournament starts, some level of fairness can ensure.

Anyways, if you let in 256 people as 7jaws7 did... the "stealing/dilution of votes" each round ends up being the like 17 people in US Republican race; meaning that a certain "Headless TRUMP" ends up winning in the end, in either case...