The Asterisk War Dub

• Aniplex of America announced that they will releasing the dub for season 1 of Asterisk War on Blu-ray, and will be split into 2 box sets. Volume 1 is set to be released on September 20th, and Volume 2 on November 22nd.

"Aniplex of America has also unveiled the English dub trailer confirming the cast members. Under the direction of Chris Cason, the dub will star Erik Scott Kimerer (Magi, Your Lie in April) as Ayato Amagiri, Kira Buckland (Blue Exorcist, Aldnoah.Zero, Durarara!!x2) as Julis-Alexia von Riessfeld, Erika Harlacher (Aldnoah.Zero, Kill la Kill) as Claudia Enfield, Sarah Anne Williams (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill) as Saya Sasamiya, Brianna Knickerbocker (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Durarara!!x2) as Kirin Toudou, and Max Mittelman (Your Lie in April, Aldnoah.Zero) as Eishiro Yabuki. Detailed cast list is shown below."

Summary:
    Invertia–The astral catastrophe that annihilated many cities in the 20th century also gave birth to a new human race with special powers called the "Genestella." At the same time, the special element found within the meteors of Invertia facilitated humanity's technological advancement. At the academic-city above water Rikka, also known as Asterisk, students from each of the six schools at Asterisk prepare for the ultimate battle tournament known as Festa”. Seidoukan Academy's Ayato Amagiri takes up the challenge along with his partner Julis, a.k.a. Glühen Rose, the Witch of the Resplendent Flames. Ayato learns Julis has a big dream to achieve and decides to protect her to the end.

STAFF:
    Original Story: Yuu Miyazaki ("Gakusen Toshi Asterisk" MF Bunko / KADOKAWA) Original Character Design: okiura
    General Director: Manabu Ono
    Director: Kenji Seto
    Character Design & Animation Director: Tetsuya Kawakami
    Set Design: Kenichi Morioka
    Color Design: Aiko Matsuyama
    Art Director: Yukihiro Watanabe
    Directors of Photography: Yasuhiro Nakanishi, Hiroki Sugiyama
    CG Director: Nao Kudō
    Editing: Masahiro Goto
    Music: Makoto Yoshimori
    Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
    Music: Rasmus Faber
    Music Production: FlyingDog Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
    Opening Theme: Brand-new World” by Shiena Nishizawa
    Ending Theme: Waiting for the rain” by Maaya Sakamoto

CAST (Japanese/English):
    Ayato Amagiri: Atsushi Tamaru / Erik Scott Kimerer
    Julis-Alexia von Riessfeld: Ai Kakuma / Kira Buckland
    Claudia Enfield: Nao Tōyama / Erika Harlacher
    Saya Sasamiya: Shiori Izawa / Sarah Anne Williams
    Kirin Toudou: Ari Ozawa / Brianna Knickerbocker
    Eishiro Yabuki: YÅ«ma Uchida / Max Mittelman
    Lester MacPhail: Takanori Hoshino / Patrick Seitz
    Ernesta Kuhne: Chinatsu Akasaki / Cassandra Lee Morris
    Camilla Pareto: Mutsumi Tamura / Cristina Vee Haruka
    Amagiri: Mai Nakahara / Michelle Ruff
    Silas Norman: Yuuichi Iguchi / Kyle McCarley
    Randy Hooke: Nobuyuki Kobushi / Vic Mignogna
    Shuma Sakon: Nobuo Tobita / Lucien Dodge
    Fan Xinglou: Minami Omi / Cherami Leigh
    Ernest Fairclough: Takahiro Sakurai / Vic Mignogna
    Dirk Eberwein: Tomokazu Sugita / Kaiji Tang
    Kyouko Yatsuzaki: Yuhko Kaida / Johanna Luis
    Kouichiro Toudou: Unsho Ishizuka / Richard Epcar

English Voice Director: Chris Cason

Now, this is totally awesome! I have been wanting to see this series for awhile now, but never got around to it. It looks like it's going to be an awesome dub. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is paying Aniplex prices for those Blu-rays. That is going to hurt the old wallet a bit.

Source:(http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2016-06-05/aniplex-of-america-announces-the-asterisk-war-english-dub-and-product-release-details/.102897)

• @nubguy:

Now, this is totally awesome! I have been wanting to see this series for awhile now, but never got around to it. It looks like it's going to be an awesome dub. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is paying Aniplex prices for those Blu-rays. That is going to hurt the old wallet a bit.

Then don't. Aniplex is usually good about uploading their dubs to Netflix or airing them on Toonami, so no need to give AoA a penny. In fact, seeing as this show streamed on Funimation.com as well, there's even a chance that the dub might be made available here on this site.

Just stream it online and tell AoA to screw themselves.

• Thanks SpacemanHardy - you just said what I've thought about AoA for years!

• @SpacemanHardy:

Easier said then done.

Nothing is going to stay available for streaming forever. When they do get taken down and you don't have a physical copy* because you were too spiteful towards the company trying to do business, you will have only yourself to blame.

*Just make sure it's something you REALLY like. AoA has run me well over $500 between Madoka, Monogatari, and Fate/Zero, but those series are worth it to me.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Then don't. Aniplex is usually good about uploading their dubs to Netflix or airing them on Toonami, so no need to give AoA a penny. In fact, seeing as this show streamed on Funimation.com as well, there's even a chance that the dub might be made available here on this site.

Awesome dude. Thanks for the advice.

It sounds like there is no love lost between you and Aniplex Lol

• Or you can do what I did: Buy a region free bluray player and import the UK releases. Even after shipping and customs fees, they still come out much cheaper than AoA's releases.

That way I'm able to buy the shows I want and still give nothing to AoA. It's a win-win. :)

@nubguy:

It sounds like there is no love lost between you and Aniplex Lol

But of course! I've been decrying their ilk since their DVD release of Durarara. I didn't just join the "F**k Aniplex" club, I'm its founding father.

I mean, you've seen the Tifa Lockhart picture I had commissioned, right? Take a close look at her shirt:

~_^

• This post is deleted!

• With their inability to have their own dubbing studio that could a lot more dubs than Bang Zoom could ever give them, the fact they're stealing rights to series whose licenses made them good in the first place, and their infamous price tags that are only rivaled by Pony Canyon, I could not agree more with Tifa - so I use Netflix! I only wish she had made a move on Cloud sooner - now he's stuck mourning Aerith his entire miserable life…

As for this series, I'm frankly not giving it a go. I'm glad it got a dub (as I would be for ANY show, good or bad), but I've heard it's A-1's typical "Marty Stu loner protagonist goes to some fantastical land and gets a ridiculously undeveloped and unnecessary harem, of which he immediately chooses a girl and spends the rest of the series being a jerk" show. With SAO - a series I have lost all respect for - being another such series, I'm just not interested. But I may give Charlotte a shot; I didn't like Angel Beats, but this one seems to fix all of its problems.

• @Gemnist:

I only wish she had made a move on Cloud sooner - now he's stuck mourning Aerith his entire miserable life…

Let's…... not open up THAT can of worms, please. Not here. :hmm:

#CloTi4Life

• Oh don't worry, I don't ship FFVII characters in the first place.

• well, you are right about the fantastical land and unnecessary harem, but he's certainly not a loner, is a pretty nice guy, but kinda dense at times and has not chosen a girl yet

• @SpacemanHardy:

Let's…... not open up THAT can of worms, please. Not here.

#CloTi4Life

I literally never noticed the writing on her shirt O.o

@Gemnist:

Oh don't worry, I don't ship FFVII characters in the first place.

You don't have to. Blizz has spoken and done it for us:

OK SORRY NO MORE DERAILING FROM ME

• hold on a sec, where are those NPC's located?

• @Getchman:

hold on a sec, where are those NPC's located?

Aerith is located at the Flower Cart in Dalaran near the entrance to the Violet Hold.

Koraud won't be added until Legion but will be standing next to her.

PERSONALLY- I thought Aerith should have been a tailoring trainer/vendor and her shop should have been called "Aerith's dyes" but thats just me.

• @priestesstyrande:

PERSONALLY- I thought Aerith should have been a tailoring trainer/vendor and her shop should have been called "Aerith's dyes" but thats just me.

Okay, I gotta admit, that one was funny. ^_^

But seriously, unless you want me to go full-Gohan, let's not get into the FFVII love triangle debate. I still have nightmares about my time spent over at GameFAQs. O.o

• @SpacemanHardy:

Or you can do what I did: Buy a region free bluray player and import the UK releases. Even after shipping and customs fees, they still come out much cheaper than AoA's releases.

That way I'm able to buy the shows I want and still give nothing to AoA. It's a win-win. :)

But of course! I've been decrying their ilk since their DVD release of Durarara. I didn't just join the "F**k Aniplex" club, I'm its founding father.

I mean, you've seen the Tifa Lockhart picture I had commissioned, right? Take a close look at her shirt:

~_^

Dude, that picture is epic!! So many subtleties involved, it's just too good. Haha

• OK, maybe he isn't exactly a bad person (though Kirito isn't either), but the description makes it pretty clear that he's chosen Julis. Of course I haven't seen the show though… so I'll go back to my hole now.

• Personally, I think Asterisk War is a bad show (I'm still watching it because it has a few redeeming qualities to it and Team Loli (Saya and Kirin) make the show bearable) so unless the dub is outstanding, there's little chance of me watching the dub or buying the BD's.

• @Series5Ranger:

Personally, I think Asterisk War is a bad show (I'm still watching it because it has a few redeeming qualities to it and Team Loli (Saya and Kirin) make the show bearable) so unless the dub is outstanding, there's little chance of me watching the dub or buying the BD's.

What don't you like about it? I haven't seen it yet myself.

• @nubguy:

What don't you like about it? I haven't seen it yet myself.

Think of it like this.

Have you seen Sky Wizards Academy? Absolute Duo? World Break? Same thing, with a different coat of paint.

You seen one Magic High School Light Novel Ecchi/Harem anime, you may as well have seen them all.

• Ayato is a pretty dull Harem Lead, Julis I just can't get into and her back story is typical "Princess wants to help her people"
    Main plot and the the whole tournaments deal is kind of meh, and they give no reason as to why Ayato's sister was fighting in that illegal tournament etc. Flora's voice is irritating.

Love Claudia, Saya and Kirin though, they are the only reason I still watch it.

and ClassySpartan, Thank you, that too.