**Do NOT Ask For Future Seasons of Anime**

• @getsmefiredup:

So, this is my introduction to Funimation's forums, eh?

"YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANOTHER SEASON OF YOUR FAVORITE SHOW?"

Nice. In terms of customer relations, this is like trying out a new restaurant and seeing the waitress spit in your food.

I dropped in to ask when the next season of Fairy Tail would be available in an English dub, but since you don't want questions like that, I won't ask. Like you said, I'll just read the manga.

Don't take it so personally; we're just tired of people signing up here just so they can ask FUNi for Capu3.

And the truth is, you really aren't entitled to more of your favorite shows. None of us are.

• as for more Fairy Tail in English, check the schedule

• Also, please note that I am in no way affiliated with FUNimation as a company at all. I'm just a very bitter fan who was sick of the same question being asked over & over.

• It's also worth noting getsmefiredup, that what you are asking about would be slightly different from what this thread is mainly about. You would be asking when the next season of an already existing product is coming out in English - a question like that could very well have an answer, or it could not. But the question of 'will FUNimation make more of insert-show-name-here' is always going to be wrong, because FUNimation doesn't MAKE shows.

If this came off somewhat harsh, this whole thread I mean, it's merely because the questions come up so often that, in an effort to nip them in the buds, an attempt at education was made with the thread. Please don't take it as harshly as you seem to have, because I can assure you it was never meant in such a vein.

• Troll Post Deleted.

P.S. Funimation Doesnt control how much of an anime is made, they are NOT. Toei, TMS, Sunrise, GAINAX, etc.

• While the OP had relevant information, I found it to be tactless and condescending and to make it worse, people praised it. It pretty much establishes this forum as a hostile environment for newer users which is not a good thing mind you. I say this because many of them were not around to see how often people would ask for a Sekirei, or Rosario + Vampire season 3 which does get ridiculous at times, however they don’t know and thus will interpret the OP as malicious, which reflects poorly on our community.

That's merely my opinion of it anyways, I suppose with some of the arguments I get into I shouldn't talk.

(Removed quote due to language)

Yeah, good luck with that especially since Funimation are doing the best they can and I already have a few Funimation releases on pre-order.

So message me and tell me how it all turns out.

• (Removed quote due to language)

-_-V please don't use foul language and Funimation don't make anime

• i am new to the world of anime. i may want a new said season or movie i may not(right now im big into heavens lost property). i know exactly that i may never get another season or a new manga involving it may pop up. i am entitled to complain as much as i want, when i want, and for as long as i want. you have rights and i have rights. and as for us being spoiled greedy and lazy, i support myself on less then 180$ a week so im not spoiled, i put other peoples needs before me, just because i want it doesn't mean i get it, and for lazy i am a firefighter in my SPARE time i do it for free, i fish i camp and i hunt.i want to say hello to the community i look forward to many new anime that i have not seen or heard of yet and hope to make new friends on here.

• Welcome to the forum, just a heads up this is a topic relating to users requesting new seasons of anime.
    Introduction posts are found here:
    http://www.funimation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?54-Introductions
    Also it should be noted that this is hardly a platform for free speech, this is the website of an Anime publishing company and per it's terms of use holds the ability to edit and censor anything written here or anywhere on the website. The free speech you're referring to is strictly limited to the government censoring you in public domains.
    Not that any of this really matters, Funimation isn't really in the business of censoring you, this topic was created for the mental health of forum users who were threatened by random people asking for Funimation to create anime when it has never has (nor can) make anime.
    And really this is for those who ask for new seasons as well, it actually provides useful information on why asking Funimation for new seasons makes you look stupid.

• @St0ck:

Welcome to the forum, just a heads up this is a topic relating to users requesting new seasons of anime.
    Introduction posts are found here:
    http://www.funimation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?54-Introductions
    Also it should be noted that this is hardly a platform for free speech, this is the website of an Anime publishing company and per it's terms of use holds the ability to edit and censor anything written here or anywhere on the website. The free speech you're referring to is strictly limited to the government censoring you in public domains.
    Not that any of this really matters, Funimation isn't really in the business of censoring you, this topic was created for the mental health of forum users who were threatened by random people asking for Funimation to create anime when it has never has (nor can) make anime.
    And really this is for those who ask for new seasons as well, it actually provides useful information on why asking Funimation for new seasons makes you look stupid.

actually i have grasped this by now due to my somewhat limited knowledge and a friend who actually got me into anime agian. and i admit i am somewhat wrong when we have free speech i admit it. but at least i can acknowledge it.

• Wow, this thread makes me sad. Did it really need to be a sticky in it's current form? A lot of what was said does come off as condescending, but I also get why it was posted. This could use a bit more tact though….. The community here is small enough as it is without alienating people. How about adding a "please" to the title to soften the blow a bit?

That said, I agree with the premise. Funimation doesn't make anime and has no control over what comes out in the future, so please take inquiries to the relevant anime publishers.

• @lefwig:

so please take inquiries to the relevant anime publishers.

*Provided you can communicate with them in Japanese - not that it would matter.

v Malache: That's up to SpacemanHardy.

• why not delete this post all together and have a slightly friendlier post that isn't likely to draw people away? is that doable ?

• @7jaws7:

*Provided you can communicate with them in Japanese - not that it would matter.

v Malache: That's up to SpacemanHardy.

Not too hard to use a google translator or another if you need to. Thanks for the helpful reply, it made me feel all fuzzy inside.

It wouldn't likely matter if they did, but it would have more impact than posting requests to a company that has nothing to do with making anime. Ah, Funimation forums are always so friendly, that's why I love coming here.

Oh ya, one more thing. If the publishers didn't care about the American market they wouldn't even bother licensing out products here, or other places for that matter. That argument is just stupid. Of course they want their audience to grow here and other places. They might very well take attention if enough people chimed in on their particular interests. It's just smart business. This whole thing about these companies not caring what happens outside of Japan is in my opinion not a very well thought out argument. Whatever the case, we will see, but posts like this do not help things.

• Just because you don't agree with an argument doesn't make it any less true.

Look at it Ike this. Japan is the cake, and every other country is the icing, they don't have to have it to eat the cake but it's a nice extra. They license these shows out to foreign markets the same reason anyone does anything $$$. However we are just pocket change compared to the consumers in Japan.

For A reverse example, Spongebob is a US toon popular with young children in Japan, but all that amounts to is a little extra pocket change for Nick, the reason the toon is still on is because the merchandise still sales in America.

• Can we please have the post rewritten a little? People are coming to the forums, seeing this post/thread, and thinking the community here is hostile and unwelcoming. It does read as harsh, even if it is true. It's perfectly possible to communicate the exact same message but in a helpful and friendly manner. I think lefwig's suggestion of adding "please" to the title is a good idea as well. Instead of just saying "go check ANN", tell them what ANN stands for and give them a link. Some people might have just discovered anime through Funimation and are coming here hoping for information. Imagine if that were you, and you saw this. What would you think? Wouldn't you be discouraged? Would you have any idea what "ANN" is? Would you want to stay and interact with people?

Not too hard to use a google translator or another if you need to.

I don't recommend relying on Google translate, or really any online translator, especially if you know nothing of the language you're translating into. It will get things wrong. Have you ever tried taking a block of Japanese text and "translated" it into English using Google translate? It can be a confusing mess, particularly if the text is more than a sentence or two long. I imagine if you were to take a block of English text, translate it into Japanese the same way, and send it to a company they would be baffled trying to figure out what it says or see all of the errors and scrap it without even trying to read it.

If the publishers didn't care about the American market they wouldn't even bother licensing out products here, or other places for that matter. That argument is just stupid. Of course they want their audience to grow here and other places. They might very well take attention if enough people chimed in on their particular interests. It's just smart business. This whole thing about these companies not caring what happens outside of Japan is in my opinion not a very well thought out argument.

We're usually just icing on the cake when it comes to money, sadly. That's what he means by saying we don't matter/companies don't care. Anime just costs a lot more in Japan; where we can get 13 episodes for $50 on BD, they get 3 episodes. As an example, I recently bought an import of the Steins;Gate movie. The regular edition, no frills, cost me $65, without shipping. Whenever it gets released here, it'll likely cost about $20 for DVD/BD combo on sale from places like RightStuf and Amazon and retail for maybe $35.

• @lefwig:

Not too hard to use a google translator or another if you need to. Thanks for the helpful reply, it made me feel all fuzzy inside.

It wouldn't likely matter if they did, but it would have more impact than posting requests to a company that has nothing to do with making anime. Ah, Funimation forums are always so friendly, that's why I love coming here.

These are just the cold hard facts, my friend. We don't mean to be harsh, but people keep insisting with irrational ideas. What's it going to take for everyone to understand?

Outside Japan, anime studios will only listen to companies like FUNi, Sentai, etc. Random fans in America have no influence on more anime whatsoever, and - with the exception of a kickstarter - we likely never will.

@Firefly: Like I said, that's up to SpacemanHardy (or an admin)

• I'll see if I can't make the post a bit more "user friendly" later on today.

But I don't think I'll be adding "please" to the topic title. I still want to drive the point home.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'll see if I can't make the post a bit more "user friendly" later on today.

But I don't think I'll be adding "please" to the topic title. I still want to drive the point home.

To be honest, I really didn't care about your opening post here until I saw how some of the newer users are reacting to it, I don't think adding please is the key, I just think some of the loaded questions and big bold lettering should be restrained.

I completely understand the frustration of coming on the forum and seeing the up teen billionth; "I wants a season 3 of Rosario + Vampire" thread. I even made a similar thread a long time ago:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?335-What-not-to-post-on-Funimation-forums

And reading it back, it might have needed a more diplomatic approach.

I really don't know, I mean, do what you want to, but I think you can say the exact same thing without agitating newer users here, and from the way some of the posts are on this thread, that is certainly the case.

• its just that there has to be a line drawn in the sand. yes we all have done it or still do it and there are ways of educating us new guys or gals in the world of anime and manga but then there approaches that are considered way too strong or tough love and it may offend people its difficult to determine where that line is but when we resort to calling everyone greedy and all that the line has def been crossed. yes he drove a point but there are and have been better ways of doing it even with tough love.