Project DIVA: Future Tone

• It appears that of a few days ago, the release date was announced for 6/27/2016 for Japan, via download. It is technically "free", but the game is divided into 2 core packs. BTW if you are wondering, this game is the "MASTER GAME"… has like everything Vocaloid that exists for the most part (200+ songs). IF you are gonna only buy 1 MIKU title, it would be this one...

http://miku.sega.jp/FT/

http://youtu.be/0cz5rT-d6ek

Now, to buy this game requires a Japanese PlayStation Network account, not USA one. Furthermore, IDK if there is any sort of region locking on this title (such as if you try to download it using an USA IP, it will /doom).

So, if you have a PS4; know how to set up a Japanese PSN… please let me know if you can get this to work when it comes out. Else, I will just "deal" with it when I get to Japan in August. Hopefully we will learn something about any US/English release at this year's E3.

On a related not, me not looking forward to Project DIVA X… the new songs are horrible. Random, uninspired J-Pop nonsense. I haven't listened to everyone yet in its entirety, but what I have seen so far, not looking good…

O wait, I think MIKU here may /delete my computer for posting such "blasphemy", as it were. Meh, we all know LUKA is better:)

https://youtu.be/ScSW9C3DF18

[line][/line]
    [line][/line]

EDIT: Indeed, as upon closer inspection, it does appear that the non-MIKU songs were actually subjected to a "cut", whereas apparently they just dumped everything into random MIKU songs. The few non-MIKU songs are actually quite good; LUKA steals the show :)

https://youtu.be/9eoKIo6Bh2Q

And MEIKO; although "technically" a MIKU song; this being a user generated "cover", this one was built for her :)

https://youtu.be/y8SeugTdmRA

This one also has Rin/Ren added with MEIKO… most "interesting"; if you like DAGASHI, that is...

https://youtu.be/SxWw1KwTYkQ

…for the ones who like the "rock" music, this one Featuring Miku, Lin and Luka is for you...

https://youtu.be/CWKicXwSl84/

In conclusion, the 2016 release of Project DIVA X most certainly has a different "musical feel" to the Vocaloids then in the past. IDK… me not likee :( I suppose I am hard-core for the "classics", as they were...

• Sony consoles are region free so the only way you wouldn't be able to download it (with a JP PSN ofc) would be if they IP blocked it. But I am not aware of any game that has an IP block on any PS console.

• You use WAY too many quotation marks, TGA. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

You use WAY too many quotation marks, TGA. :hmm:

…as not to be accused for the 10000923409183471309 time of being "condensing", of course :)

@darthrutsula:

But I am not aware of any game that has an IP block on any PS console.

Indeed. But I read some speculation by English peoples on random websites that it could be a possibility, given how sensitive Japanese people are with some of their IP. "Copyright Issues" (Japanese Nationalism; they don't' want their music outside of Japan) preventing the full catalog of 200 songs from making it stateside, but nevertheless we shall see.

• @thegrandalliance:

Indeed. But I read some speculation by English peoples on random websites that it could be a possibility, given how sensitive Japanese people are with some of their IP. "Copyright Issues" (Japanese Nationalism; they don't' want their music outside of Japan) preventing the full catalog of 200 songs from making it stateside, but nevertheless we shall see.

If this was an issue we wouldn't be able to get the Japanese version of the games that we get in english.

• @darthrutsula:

If this was an issue we wouldn't be able to get the Japanese version of the games that we get in english.

Not entirely so. The DIVA Arcade, as you know, has "every" song. Whereas the games only have certain songs per game. Furthermore, there are some that appear on the ARCADE that have yet to make it to console. And there is the matter of payment… the amount the artists get paid per song (being very diluted; 200+songs on a single game). Then there is IP claims themselves, people/companies accusing some of the songs to violate US/EU copyright by claiming to steal their song; in whole, or in part (Ievan Polka). Basically, lots of pressures that could cause problems.

As I like to say, "Bitches causing problems", is indeed the best way to describe as such.

In case you think it hasn't happened before, it already has. As evidenced by the Interent, one song for Project Diva F, [ぽっぴっぽー (PoPiPo) (Toro and Kuro special edition)] was restricted to Japan-Only via DLC due to "licensing issues" with the non-Crypton characters (Toro, Kuro; Sony's Japanese PSN mascots) used.

Although I am sure I could find an official source somewhere; as evidenced by a simple GOOGLE search, it is apparent that a DLC content pack for DIVA F is restricted to JPN only. Of course, if you try to search the PS Store for the song/pack, you will not find it either of course.

! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668737-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f/67588957
    ! > I was checking out the Project Diva f page at Vocaloid Wikia and they said PoPiPo was available for DLC. But when I checked the PSN store, I couldn't find anything. Is this a JPN only DLC or am I missing something?
    ! > PoPiPo Special edition is part of the Toro and Kuro package. All indications I've heard is the licensing implications to use those characters outside Japan are… interesting. It's probably better to assume it won't be coming out here.

You're honestly not missing much.
    !

Anyways, I suppose you are gonna try to figure out how to buy that game yourself on 6/23… the hardest part apparently is paying for it (getting PSN points or otherwise). If there is a US release, it is likely to be censored; in either case. I will thusly so let Nep-Nep recklessly go first, of course :)

• @thegrandalliance:

If there is a US release, it is likely to be censored; in either case. I will thusly so let Nep-Nep recklessly go first, of course

My guess is that there won't be a US release, its why we have Diva X coming out. It is meant to have a library similarly sized as Diva Arcade, or at least I think I read that somewhere. And if Future Tone is free then its distinctly possible that they could bring it to the US since all the songs you can get are most likely going to be DLC. Which is probably what's going to happen in JP.

After sourcing I have found out that Diva X has no mention of being related to the arcade games unlike Future Tone. Though I was actually thinking of both games as the same game even though I was aware that they are not the same game just differently named. I still stand by what I said.

• @darthrutsula:

Diva X coming out. It is meant to have a library similarly sized as Diva Arcade,

No, because It only has 30 songs; and mostly effectively all of them are new to the series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku:_Project_DIVA_X

!
    Neutral Element
    ! The First Melody (ハジメテノオト Hajimete no Oto?) Hatsune Miku malo
    Love Song (愛の詩 Ai no Uta?) Hatsune Miku Lamaze-P
    Satisfaction Hatsune Miku kz
    The Name of the Sin (罪の名前 Tsumi no Namae?) Hatsune Miku ryo
    Medley of the Beginning ~Primary Colors~ (始まりのメドレー 〜プライマリーカラーズ〜 Hajimari no Medoree ~Puraimarii Karaazu~?) VOC@LOID in Love (恋するVOC@LOID Koisuru VOC@LOID?)
    Dreaming Leaf -Dreaming Words- (Dreaming Leaf -ユメミルコトノハ- Dreaming Leaf -Yumemiru Kotonoha-?)
    Bad Mood Waltz (フキゲンワルツ Fukigen Warutsu?)
    Miracle Paint (ミラクルペイント Mirakuru Peinto?)
    Hatsune Miku
    Kagamine Rin
    Kagamine Len
    Megurine Luka
    KAITO
    MEIKO OSTER Project
    The Ultimate Medley ~Virtuoso Runaway Suite~ (終極のメドレー ~超絶技巧暴走組曲~ Shuukyoku no Medley ~Chouzetsu Gikou Bousou Kumikyoku~?) The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku (初音ミクの消失 Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu?)
    Two-Faced Lovers (裏表ラバーズ Ura-omote Rabaazuu?)
    Sadistic.Music∞Factory
    2D Dream Fever (二次元ドリームフィーバー Nijigen Doriimu Fiibaa?)
    The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku (初音ミクの激唱 Hatsune Miku no Gekishou?)
    Hatsune Miku cosMo-P
    PolyphonicBranch
    wowaka
    Arranged by:
    ! cosMo-P
    ! Cute Element
    ! Love Trial (恋愛裁判 Ren'ai Saiban?) Hatsune Miku 40mP
    Sea Lily Deep Sea Tale (ウミユリ海底譚 Umiyuri Kaitei Tan?) Hatsune Miku n-buna
    Even As a Female Ninja I Want to Love (クノイチでも恋がしたい Kunoichi Demo Koi ga Shitai?) Hatsune Miku
    Kagamine Rin Mikito-P
    Patchwork Staccato (ツギハギスタッカート Tsugihagi Sutakkaato?) Hatsune Miku Toa
    LOL -lots of laugh- Hatsune Miku mikumix
    Cute Medley ~Idol Sounds~ (キュート・メドレー ~アイドル サウンズ~ Kyuuto・Medoree ~Aidoru Saunzu~?) EAZY DANCE (イージーデンス Iijii Densu?)
    FREELY TOMORROW
    Viva Happy (ビバハピ Biba Hapi?)
    Age Age Again (アゲアゲアゲイン Age Age Agein?)
    BLOOMING THE IDOL (アイドルを咲かせ Aidoru wo Sakase?)
    Hatsune Miku Mitchie-M
    ! Cool Element
    ! RaspberryMonster (ラズベリー*モンスター RazuberiiMonsutaa?) Hatsune Miku HoneyWorks
    Strangers Hatsune Miku Heavenz
    The Lost One's Weeping (ロストワンの号哭 Rosuto Wan no Goukoku?) Kagamine Rin Neru
    Solitary Hide & Seek Envy (独りんぼエンヴィー Hitorinbo Envy?) Hatsune Miku Denpol-P
    Calc. Hatsune Miku JimmyThumb-P
    Cool Medley ~Cyber Rock Jam~ (クール・メドレー 〜サイバーロックジャム〜 Kuuru・medoree ~Saiba Rokku Jamu~?) Unhappy Refrain (アンハッピーリフレイン Anhappii Rifurein?)
    Don't My List Me! (マイリスダメー! Mairisu Damee!?)
    Music of Heavens (天樂 Tengaku?)
    Palette
    This Messed-Up Wonderful World Exists For Me (このふざけた素晴らしき世界は、僕の為にある Kono Fuzaketa Subarashiki Sekai wa, Boku no Tame ni Aru?)
    Hatsune Miku
    Kagamine Rin
    Megurine Luka DIVELAxOsamu
    wowaka
    Live-P
    Yuuyu-P
    Yuyoyuppe
    n.k.
    Arranged by: DIVELA
    ! Manipulated by: Kou (Osamu)
    ! Beauty Element
    ! Brain Revolution Girl (脳内革命ガール Nounai Kakumei Gaaru?) Hatsune Miku MARETU
    Amazing Dolce MEIKO
    Kagamine Rin
    Kagamine Len Hitoshizuku-P×Yama△
    Holy Lance Explosion Boy (聖槍爆裂ボーイ Seisou Bakurestu Booi?) Kagamine Len Rerulili x Moja
    A Single Red Leaf (紅一葉 Akahitoha?) Megurine Luka Kurousa-P
    Beauty Medley ~Glossy Mixture~ (ビューティ・メドレー 〜Glossy Mixture〜 Byuuti・Medoree ~Glossy Mixture~?) Dependence Intension
    Sweet Devil
    Nebula
    Chaining Intention
    Hatsune Miku
    Megurine Luka
    MEIKO Treow
    Hachioji-P
    Tripshots
    Arranged by: Treow
    ! Chaos Element
    ! Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream (Mrs.Pumpkinの滑稽な夢 Mrs.Pumpkin no Kokkei na Yume?) Hatsune Miku Hachi
    Streaming Heart (ストリーミングハート Sutoriimingu Haato?) Hatsune Miku DECO*27
    Slow Motion (すろぉもぉしょん Suroomooshon?) Hatsune Miku PinocchioP
    Babylon (バビロン Babiron?) Hatsune Miku Tohma
    Coward Squadron Urotander (卑怯戦隊うろたんだー Hikyou Sentai Urotandaa?) KAITO
    MEIKO
    Hatsune Miku Shin-P
    Chaos Medley ~Giga Remix~ (カオス・メドレー 〜ギガリミックス〜 Kaosu・Medoree ~Giga Rimikkuzu~?) Pinko Stick Luv (ぴんこすてぃっくLuv Pinko Stikku Luv?)
    Gigantic O.T.N (ギガンティックO.T.N Gigantikku O.T.N?)
    Childish War (おこちゃま戦争 Okochama Sensou?)
    1, 2 (Yī èr) Fanclub (いーあるふぁんくらぶ Ii Aru Fankurabu?)
    Hatsune Miku
    Kagamine Rin
    Kagamine Len Giga-P
    MikitoP
    Arranged by: Giga-P

It is a more of a production-focused game then song based. There are basically 5 "themes" that all the songs are categorized into, with each one having a NHK SONG CONCERT style "melody" (as seen with the rock one above; combination of songs) that are basically like the "levels" in a video game.

Techinially the game is "free", but it only comes with 2 songs. The 2 expansion packs are the absolute majority of the songs. Whether the play list for JP and USA will be the same; that is what is in question. Also, whether you can download/run the JP version on the USA console/IP (which is probably likely).

Anyways, I assume we will find out this E3… as that would be a big ??? otherwise. Hopefully I can figure out whether I should rush to buy a PS4 this month or not by then...

• Damn, hoping it gets an official US release, if only to have a translation of the songs (one of the few gripes about Diva F). That in and of itself may be a reason we may not get it (getting the "okay" for using them in a US version and the okay for the translation itself from the song creators)….. Though if Diva X sells well, who knows.

Any clue how much each pack costs? I'd likely plop down a good chunk of money if it came here officially. (and if it is ever confirmed it will never be released, may break down and make a JP account).

• @Unicron:

Any clue how much each pack costs?

Yes, it is in the first video above. IT is in Japanese Yen, but I will quote assuming a 100/1 exchange rate (currently around 110, so approx. 10% discount).

3900 Yen per expansion packs (around $40; at 100exchangerate, $35)

The "Free"/Base Game is "Prelude". It only has like 2 songs.

"Future Sound" has the preexisting Project Diva PlayStation Game Content
    "Colorful Tone" has the Mirai and Arcade Exclusive titles

So you are basically looking at somewhere between 70-80USD, not including if they charge any sort of taxes, for this game.

• @thegrandalliance:

So you are basically looking at somewhere between 70-80USD, not including if they charge any sort of taxes, for this game.

That is not bad for how many songs there are. I think F2 was just a bit more than that with the song season pass (the module one, while having alot of great costumes, was just too expensive for my tastes).
    Sure, it seems to be much more bare bones/just unlock costumes, but its great to have all those songs in one place, with the better resolution and FPS.

• Yea, I was looking at the Sony PSN Store not too long ago… indeed, was Diva F 2nd a "profit machine". Reminds me of League of legends a bit... The "base" game is one price, however if you bought all the DLC, you well over $200. Another reason I am fully against the concept of "microtransactions", as it were. Simply a way to get kids to "raid" their parent's Credit Cards, as it were...

#crimeagainsthumanity

• @thegrandalliance:

Reminds me of League of legends a bit… The "base" game is one price, however if you bought all the DLC, you well over $200.

Personally I would like it if LoL did something similar to Smite where you pay $X to get all champions. I mean it is a money/time sink and all but it can be a bit much with an ever-growing roster that costs way to much if you wanted everything (in terms of playing the game, skins not included). With Future Tone it doesn't seem like you get much of an option. The only free things are two songs and that's it, you need to pay for everything else, microtransactions are fine but there is a difference between doing it for the sake of doing it and doing it where it makes sense. Like in the new Battlefront on release they had 4 DLC planned and expect you to essentially buy the game AGAIN (which is 60$ msrp with 50$ DLC). I learned my lesson, I won't just run out and buy a Star Wars game without seeing a livestream of it or something, or wait for a sale. I have no gripes with EA sometimes but they need to not rush a damn game.

• @darthrutsula:

With Future Tone it doesn't seem like you get much of an option. The only free things are two songs and that's it, you need to pay for everything else, microtransactions are fine but there is a difference between doing it for the sake of doing it and doing it where it makes sense.

Well, I could be wrong, but it appears this is a "block release" only. That is, the base game (free) and 2 fully featured EXP packs; giving you a choice as to what content to buy. This is either to keep the total cost of the game down, or to more accurately track sales for the purpose of distributing license revenues to the artists (If a song is on one, they will not get revenue from the other).

This is not a "microtransaction", rather simply expansion pack content: A game + expansions (like WoW; -sub fee). I am not aware of any plans to sell "costumes" with this game, which is what I was getting at above. The sale of such "digital items" as costumes and other effects are what make me very "anguly", as it were…

• As a note, this finally came stateside a few weeks ago, something like $53ish for the bundle. Kinda wish they had translations like F2 and X, but considering the size of the library, I can understand. It did take a little bit of getting used to the slightly different style of gameplay (holds are much different, no stars, etc), and the songs have different button patterns from previous releases, but overall quite a good set.

The VR game is interesting as well, though you really do not do much, and I was a bit disappointed that each DLC "Stage" did not come with a new arena, so everything is on the same stage, but it is good enough to go through multiple times.

• @Unicron said in Project DIVA: Future Tone:

Kinda wish they had translations like F2 and X

Ahhh, interesting. Sorta q the reason for buying English, I suppose.

I have yet myself to get this, but I don't have PS4, either. In time, perhaps...