My trip to NYC for Miku Expo

• So I just got back from my trip to NYC… last night actually. Holy crap those two trains were sooooooooooooooooo veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cold. Wifi sucked, so I'm glad I downloaded what I wanted to watch for the way back, I was bored out of my mind for the ride there since it was so slow even for generic interweb browsing. By the way it was Mockingjay Part 1 (which was terrible), Star Wars The Force Awakens (also terrible), and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, which felt appropriate for a train ride. Amazon is so nice to be able to let me download something for offline or easier viewing with terrible wifi. (Funimation take note from Amazon please)

I am so glad I am used to working at my walmart where I average about 32k steps, NYC was a breeze with its (oddly) 16k. 5 different pizzas over 4 days, yes I like pizza. I thought about having another today but decided that I probably shouldn't.

Got to see the museum of natural history, which is more like a multi-day trip because there's no way you could do that all in one day. I went into the financial district to see all of the assets, namely the world trade center and liberty tower, which, as someone who was 5 at the time of 9/11, I was more "meh" about it than anything. It was cool and all but I don't think I am supposed to view it as cool. Museum of Mathematics was cool too! They had a square bike and I swear you will ask "What kind of sorcery is this!?!?!?!?!?!?!" because it was actually a smooth ride xD and some spinning chairs that you won't fall on but it sure feels like you will!

Nintendo store was cool and all, I didn't know that it was right next door to where they do the Today show though (an NBC thing). Times Square was cool too, it felt like the middle of the day for it being 10 at night. Sadly the three times we went there we didn't see topless women, not that I was looking nor cared but hey its a thing, "guy law" after all.

Being someone from the south where everyone is polite and stuff it really is wierd how you HAVE to pretty much tunnel vision everywhere. Not even so much as an excuse me, something I use pretty much daily here in NC as someone who works in a walmart.

The miku expo, the sole reason why my family ended up going to NYC, was AMAZING! Like I kind of knew what to expect but it was just sooo cool! It was honestly the first concert I've ever been too and it knocked me out of the park, more-so than when I went to Celebration VI in 2013 (its a star wars convention). I mean aside from the four-and-a-half hour standing there was being killer on my legs. Definitely would do it sitting next time, I am not used to standing like that for so long. Anamanaguchi was very entertaining to listen to and watch. The main event was sugoi sugoi. I don't know what was louder for me, a bunch of miku fans in an auditorium screaming at expo or a bunch of star wars fans screaming at george lucas at celebration vi. I had the 1:30 showing (thank god) and definitely enjoyed my time spent there. I would definitely recommend fans of J-pop to go to one if they could. I loved the duets for the vocaloids, but was saddened when they didn't play Romeo and Cinderella, one of my more favorite songs. But I did get World's End Dancehall and Secret Police so I'm happy. I was able to recognize like 80% of the songs though, so there is that.

I'll post the video(s) that my brother got when I finally get him to upload them to youtube for those curious on some of what we got to see.

Addendum: 10/10 would do again, next time with seats though and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please if only they went to Atlanta, which is many times closer, or even Orlando, I at least have family that live in Florida. Hell you could take a map and draw a semicircle from NYC to Toronto all the way to Houston and Dallas, shade in the area and anything in that shade would be much more closer for anyone in the SE seaboard.

The videos in the spoiler. :p

! https://youtu.be/XI0nBb7T2vg
    ! https://youtu.be/zNXylVf79rQ
    ! https://youtu.be/9g9ZrveDgq4
    ! https://youtu.be/iaJMI12zLn4

• Are thoughs your videos or someone else s? If so, veeeeeery close indeed… I wonder if your face is in the video, hmm....

As I have noticed with other screenshots; unless your camera has a direct shot of the stage (perpendicular; as if you are sitting in the middle area, and a ways back) MIKU appears 2D in the shots. Unless you have a 3D camera of sorts... you would have to actually be farther back to get the effect, in either case.

Also based upon the shots the screen seems to be not angled right; is smaller, or otherwise. IDK... If you compare this video to Seattle or even LA one... looks a bit different.

Keep in mind, one needs to test the phone's audio record quality before... I noticed lot of the cell phone mics cannot take the loud bass or high pitches well; especially if your standing right next to a speaker.

EDIT: I notice in Video 4; when MIKU is on the Stage Right, the 3D effect becomes observable. When she moves to the Stage Left, it goes 2D due to the angles of light to camera thereof. Out of the 4 videos you got, the 4th one does seem to show the action the best to someone who doesn't know WTF it is supposed to look like; in either case.

EDIT2: Video 3/2 need to get switched around. World's End Dancehall plays in both; but starts in Video 3.

https://youtu.be/mcDQycBWP6g

@darthrutsula:

namely the world trade center and liberty tower, which, as someone who was 5 at the time of 9/11, I was more "meh" about it than anything.

…No comment...

AAAAAnyways finally glad to see you finally onboard the MIKU EXPRESS :) Me so evil though... as indicated in another thread, I get to do it all over again (hopefully) in Kanto (Chiba) Region, Japan on; you guessed in, 9/11/2016.

http://magicalmirai.com/2016/index_en.php

• @thegrandalliance:

Are thoughs your videos or someone else s? If so, veeeeeery close indeed…

Technically they are someone else's, my brother's who was standing directly next to me. I would have used my phone if the asshole in front of me didn't progressively step back, obstructing my camera, or one of the assholes in front of him taking video/pictures literally obstructing my view. I had to field goal one of my pictures between that person's arms. Also the camera is cracked on my phone (no clue how) so it takes forever to focus properly.

We were like 7 rows of people back, I'm super uber-rific glad that I got VIP tickets within 10 minutes of them going on sale. Because the GA line extended AROUND the block. Hammerstein is in the middle of the long side of a New York City's block. I had intended to go at like noon or so not really expecting as many people as there were for the VIP line, when I saw all the VIPs I figured screw it I'd get lunch (which was a pizza) then go in.

Its amazing how deceptive an amount of people looks like and then you go in for the actual thing and see not nearly as many people inside. Arigatou on the advice to get swag before it started, I saw those lines as I was leaving and oh my god they were huge. Got me a wall-scroll sunglasses and shirt while I was there. Though I say huge mostly because I couldn't tell the line from the people trying to leave the building.

I just can't believe that there were people lining up at noon for the 8:30 show, that's just nuts. I'm all for showing up early but holy shit can't you find something better to do?

Oh also there were cosplayers, not many but those that did were very good, especially this one group of girls. I wish I was able to stop them to get a picture but… well... mass-hysteria while leaving and all makes something like that impossible.

• @thegrandalliance:

AAAAAnyways finally glad to see you finally onboard the MIKU EXPRESS Me so evil though… as indicated in another thread, I get to do it all over again (hopefully) in Kanto (Chiba) Region, Japan on; you guessed in, 9/11/2016.

Didn't really use the internet except to stream while I was gone so I kinda fell 4 days behind on threads here and I decided i'm not going to try to catch up, I figured the ones worth catching up on will still get replies.

And I won't say I'm jealous. I myself would like to take a trip to Japan but I'm not really in a great position to go there yet ($$$), I want to go for ~three weeks (noted, funi forums don't have a tilde character (the shift key next to the 1 key) in the spring preferably before 2020. Plans are Sakuras and Akihabara and whatever is going on if able. Miku would be lovely but it don't look like she gets many spring performances there.

And the thing about 9/11, people like myself and pretty much younger don't really view it has a big deal because we didn't either live through it, or were too young to even know what's going on. I understand it was a very bad thing but only thing I remember about it was that I got out of school early and people make it a bigger deal than it needs to be or has to be. I get that its like "one of the worst things to happen in recent America" but that is practically how I (and many others) view it. I saw two giant square shaped holes where they were standing and names on the perimeter. 15 years ago, and I was 5 when it happened. I feel like I should mention that my B-day is 10/9 so that would explain why it only adds up to 20 and I'm 21. Literally everyone in the current K-12 school systems country wide were either not even conceived yet or too young to remember (let alone care) and we practically celebrate it like its a holiday, just with less joy and more tears.

• @thegrandalliance:

EDIT2: Video 3/2 need to get switched around. World's End Dancehall plays in both; but starts in Video 3.

They're named by number from the files and I thought that the longer/larger video had the beginning to world's end dancehall.

And we were actually in the line of fire of the speakers and keep in mind that this is a samsung galaxy s4. I'm more surprised that the bass didn't murder the mic.

• @darthrutsula:

And the thing about 9/11, people like myself and pretty much younger don't really view it has a big deal because we didn't either live through it,

Yea I suppose that is true with anything though. Only problem is, the world (and its politics) was forever changed then, and "young people" therefore don't "get" alot of the stuff going on now. Like why its Clinton vs Trump (as opposed to anyone else). Or why 2008 financial situation happened. Or why technology seem to outpace "old people" by like century. A cause and effect analysis… I could write a whole essay on the matter; nevertheless, if your brain was "functionality present" (which at age 5 IDK...) you would never forget such, it is so...

@darthrutsula:

Miku would be lovely but it don't look like she gets many spring performances there.

Well, this year she did…. suppose on your definition of "Spring". She was in Japan for the MIKU EXPO in March, before coming stateside.

Anyways, good work NEP-NEP! Now, you just need to get MIKU into Gamindutri; no more 5bp plz :)

• @thegrandalliance:

Now, you just need to get MIKU into Gamindutri; no more 5bp plz

BUT I LOVE FIVE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!

I like her character because she is how I would be, in a crowd I could do what she does but in a 1on1 I would be so very timid.

@thegrandalliance:

Or why 2008 financial situation happened. Or why technology seem to outpace "old people" by like century. A cause and effect analysis…

Actually I do have a decent understanding of the 2008 crisis and its effects are still being felt today, though it didn't actually affect the area I live in too much. Yea housing prices fell but my area actually grew. I actually love the area I live in, the profit bonuses at walmart are hella nice, like best in the division. A result of the 2008 crisis is that we have educated people looking for work even in areas where people like myself, with little experience in anything, are having to compete. This causes huge problems currently and farther down the line, though with baby boomers slowly dying off/retiring we'll be able to get what they have/had. Hopefully the US population, where if it wasn't for immigration would have a declining population, would have a stabilized population. So there is something to look forward to.

• Posting Original Videos for ones above; EXPO song list for "Viewer's Pleasure" :)

! 1 World is Mine feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo/supercell)
    ! 2 The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by cosMo)
    ! 3 Two-Faced Lovers feat. Hatsune Miku (by Wowaka)
    ! 4 Unhappy Refrain feat. Hatsune Miku (by Wowaka)
    ! 5 World"s End Dancehall feat. Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka (by Wowaka)
    ! 6 Magnet feat. Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka (by Minato)
    ! 7 Weekender Girl feat. Hatsune Miku (by HachioujiP and kz(livetune)
    ! 8 Deep Sea Girl feat. Hatsune Miku (by Yuuyu)
    ! 9 Glass Wall feat. Hatsune Miku (by Guitar Hero Piano Zero)
    ! 10 Snowman feat. Kaito (by halyosy)
    ! 11 Change Me feat. Meiko (by shu-t)
    ! 12 Tokyo Teddy Bear feat. Kagamine Rin (by neru)
    ! 13 Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder feat. Kagamine Len (by noripy)
    ! 14 Remote Control feat. Kagamine Rin & Len (by JesusP)
    ! 15 Love is War feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo/supercell)
    ! 16 Last Night, Good Night feat. Hatsune Miku (by kz(livetune))
    ! 17 Ten Thousand Stars feat. Hatsune Miku (by CircusP)
    ! 18 Just be Friends feat. Megurine Luka (by Dixie Flatline)
    ! 19 Secret Police feat. Hatsune Miku (by BuriruP)
    ! 20 The Singing Passion of Hatsune Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by cosMo)
    ! 21 Sekiranun Graffiti feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo and Dixie Flatline)
    ! 22 Tell Your World feat. Hatsune Miku (by kz(livetune))
    ! 23 Blue star feat. Hatsune Miku (by HachioujiP)
    ! Encore 1 Sharing the World feat. Hatsune Miku (by BIGHEAD)
    ! Encore 2 Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by Anamanaguchi)
    ! Encore 3 39 feat. Hatsune Miku (by Deco*27 and Sasakure.UK)
    ! Encore 4 Star Fragment feat. Hatsune Miku (by Eiji Hirasawa)

Video 1:

https://youtu.be/jhl5afLEKdo

Video 3:

https://youtu.be/fApfapRp-0Y

Video 4 (one can tell I am "indifferent" to this "English nonsense:", as it were…):

https://youtu.be/olRbG-9mfa0

• @thegrandalliance:

are thoughs your videos or someone else s? If so, veeeeeery close indeed… I wonder if your face is in the video, hmm....

As i have noticed with other screenshots; unless your camera has a direct shot of the stage (perpendicular; as if you are sitting in the middle area, and a ways back) miku appears 2d in the shots. Unless you have a 3d camera of sorts... You would have to actually be farther back to get the effect, in either case.

Also based upon the shots the screen seems to be not angled right; is smaller, or otherwise. Idk... If you compare this video to seattle or even la one... Looks a bit different.

Keep in mind, one needs to test the phone's audio record quality before... I noticed lot of the cell phone mics cannot take the loud bass or high pitches well; especially if your standing right next to a speaker.

Edit: I notice in video 4; when miku is on the stage right, the 3d effect becomes observable. When she moves to the stage left, it goes 2d due to the angles of light to camera thereof. Out of the 4 videos you got, the 4th one does seem to show the action the best to someone who doesn't know wtf it is supposed to look like; in either case.

Edit2: Video 3/2 need to get switched around. World's end dancehall plays in both; but starts in video 3.

https://youtu.be/mcdqycbwp6g

…no comment...

Aaaaanyways finally glad to see you finally onboard the miku express :) me so evil though... As indicated in another thread, i get to do it all over again (hopefully) in kanto (chiba) region, japan on; you guessed in, 9/11/2016.

http://magicalmirai.com/2016/index_en.php

Who freak are you guys talking about!? -_-

• Darthrutsula, I need to say something: Buy this Book/Manga…

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Hatsune-Mix-Miku/dp/1616554126?

…brought to you by the original MIKU "observer" (one who "created" MIKU; KEI). I am currently grinding my way through it (me always "disabled" when it comes to reading manga); it is great read. Your homework assignment begins, Nep-Nep!

• @thegrandalliance:

Darthusla I need to say something: Buy this Book/Manga…

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Hatsune-Mix-Miku/dp/1616554126?

…brought to you by the original MIKU "observer" (one who "created" MIKU; KEI). I am currently grinding my way through it (me always "disabled" when it comes to reading manga); it is great read. Your homework assignment begins, Nep-Nep!

Bought it and read it like a year ago when I got into vocaloids. It is very entertaining I approve. And Kei was the one who gave an image to her and a bunch of the others. Its funny cuz those things around her hair base tails things are actually very hard to replicate because they "float" there, so you need to find a way to keep them there in a cosplay but not make something to keep them there, or at least have an obvious piece for it.

• @gohan6425:

Who freak are you guys talking!?

Hatsune MIKU (and what my profile picture thereof); which in English translates into "The First Sound From the Future", is a computer generated voice program, "Vocaloid", that basically sings music. Here are the relevant Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

https://youtu.be/fl3kAiFJ894

Anyways, now we just need to keep the momentum rollin' along, Nep. IDK if you are into the software itself, but I suppose you could check out the Vocaloid programs and make your own stuff. Hatsune MIku V4X should be coming out Aug 31 (her "birthday"); which again, heaven's willing…

https://youtu.be/3Rh6vLnxD6o

Anyways, speaking of A&E/History; about time to watch the new mini-series on tonight, "Roots"…

**Observe the Way of the Mistress
    It Is So…

https://youtu.be/1K3in6w9tt4**

• @thegrandalliance:

Anyways, now we just need to keep the momentum rollin' along, Nep. IDK if you are into the software itself, but I suppose you could check out the Vocaloid programs and make your own stuff. Hatsune MIku V4X should be coming out Aug 31 (her "birthday"); which again, heaven's willing…

I'm not that kind of artist. I played around with the demo and it was something I knew I wasn't going to be able to utilize very well. I'm not musically inclined that way. If it was something more like a visualizer or whatever where I could make instrumentals, I would do that but I just don't necessarily think that way. I have learned I am extraordinary at remembering things so I'm trying to think of things that could utilize that if there is such a hobby. I also fanboy extremely hard when it comes to things I take up an interest in but that's hard to do sometimes. Star Wars High School DxD Neptunia and Vocaloids seem to be what falls into that one though.

• @darthrutsula:

If it was something more like a visualizer or whatever where I could make instrumentals, I would do that but I just don't necessarily think that way.

Meh, no worries. Right now, me focused on trying to figure something to make that is better then this:

https://youtu.be/ScSW9C3DF18

MIKU gets all the love/attention, but LUKA has like virtually 0 solo (popular) songs by comparison. IDK what your "skill set" is, but perhaps I can find use for ya Nep-Nep :) No matter, me currently having a "Waifu Wars" of my own at the moment…

• Luka Luka night fever is easily her most popular song. I agree that she doesn't really have much for popularity, the same can be made for Meiko and Kaito as well, personally I don't like them either. They sound too "fake" for my ears. I don't know, something about them just doesn't sound right. At least with Luka she is a bilingual vocaloid, she also sings in english. Or was that Meiko?

Idk I tend to like Luka's songs, though I'm not too crazy about sex being a main theme in them, or at least I find it to be one. But she does good as a duet with Miku.

Btw have you noticed that nobody says something like Kagamine Rin and Len or Megurine Luka? Its always Rin and Len or Luka, but yet for Miku people tend to use either her full name or says it in the wrong order as far as it is in english? Its always Hatsune Miku, where her "family" name is said first unlike the others where its usually just their first names.

• @darthrutsula:

…personally I don't like them either. They sound too "fake" for my ears. I don't know, something about them just doesn't sound right.

As the manga indicates; the are "old tech". A history lesson…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid_(software)

Vocaloids were actually first released in 2004 by Zero-G, an English company; the software designed by Yamaha. When Yamaha released for Japanese distribution "Meiko"; and shortly thereafter Kaito, Crypton Future Media was only the distributor, not the developer. Plus they only sold commercial licensees which, like much development software, you have to "prove" you are a real business before buying.

It wasn't until Crypton built their own Vocaloids, starting with the "Character Voice" series; Miku CV01, and secured the IP for first-party development of Meiko and Kaito. Basically, Meiko/Kaito are based upon voice sampling from 2004 and updated since, and therefore their voices don't sound as clean as when MIKU and newer were recorded. Furthermore, Meiko/Kaito have only Vocaloid 3 tech (current version is 4), and don't seem to be likely to update either.

Also Kaito completely failed at launch apparently. These 2 were more "building products" for what would become MIKU and the rest. Their VA's are of course older now, so recording their voices now would only, perhaps cause even more problems, nevertheless.

Anyways, to sum that up… the reason Meiko/Kaito sound "weird" is because "they are old", so...

@darthrutsula:

At least with Luka she is a bilingual vocaloid, she also sings in english. Or was that Meiko?

They all have an English voice bank. The problem is, they only have 1 (and it it usually sucks). Basically, Vocaloids have multiple "banks" or libraries (the VA recording the same sound/phenom using different intonation) for different music types. Like someone "shouting" a song, versus a quiet whisper song. The English one is usually just a "bland" combination of nothingness; hence MIKU ENGLISH goes nowhere. To be fair of course… if you know how to manually adjust the pitches you can kinda get it to work, nevertheless when a Japanese Vocaloid sings English, expect pain.

@darthrutsula:

Idk I tend to like Luka's songs, though I'm not too crazy about sex being a main theme in them, or at least I find it to be one. But she does good as a duet with Miku.

Yes, but I admit it is effective. The best "story" of sorts for the Luka/Miku relationship is one of rivalry. Basically, fighting over "the attention of boys", with LUKA feeling more threatened of course. The relevant songs are useful to this effect, nevertheless.

@darthrutsula:

Btw have you noticed that nobody says something like Kagamine Rin and Len or Megurine Luka? Its always Rin and Len or Luka, but yet for Miku people tend to use either her full name or says it in the wrong order as far as it is in english? Its always Hatsune

Thats a simple one… they have hard names to say in English :) I mean, read out those names in English. Very hard to say fast; without thinking, either.

Anyways, the bottom line is that... without MIKU, Vocaloid tech probably would have bankrupted itself in 2008 along with rest of the financial crisis. MIKU inspiring entire derivative products; even not ones made by Crypton, to gain traction otherwise. No matter, of course as it is so...

• @thegrandalliance:

Anyways, the bottom line is that… without MIKU, Vocaloid tech probably would have bankrupted itself in 2008 along with rest of the financial crisis. MIKU inspiring entire derivative products; even not ones made by Crypton, to gain traction otherwise. No matter, of course as it is so...

See I don't think so. Vocaloid tech started off as a commercial product and had moderate success. It wasn't until Miku, one of the first (if not the actual first), to be released to a wider audience. I mean why wouldn't she be such a huge hit? You have a voice that you could use for your own music where, because you can't sing, you couldn't really follow your music writing dreams. And the only thing that Crypton said that you CAN'T use her for is politics, which puts forth so much opportunity for such a voice, even if her primary function has been for singing. And the license with Sega arguably made her even more popular giving her her own game series, on (sadly) one of the failed consoles of recent memory (poor Vita). The concerts keep getting bigger and her tour destinations keep expanding, last time in America she only went to LA and NYC, this year she went to 9 more cities.

Miku put vocaloids on the map yes, but they did have moderate commercial success before vocaloids were made for a wider audience. I like Miku because she is an open-source voice talent and you could have her sing anything, as long as it wasn't political. I may never utilize the software but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

• @darthrutsula:

Vocaloid tech started off as a commercial product and had moderate success.

That is being generous. It basically went no where untill Miku came around. The barriers to entry, plus fact that 0 songs existed before MIKU (that people care about) means the technology was going nowhere. IDK what Crypton/Yahama's 2008 situation was; nevertheless, if it was like rest of Anime industry, I doubt this product would have been developed.

This sums it up nicely:

@Wikipedia:

While he congratulated the improvements made in Vocaloid 2, he noted the software was still far from being regarded as a top rate singer. Particularly what makes Vocaloid difficult to sell as a product is the notion that the human ear can pick up faults in vocal speech. When reviewing Tonio, Sound on Sound writer Tom Flint argued that in the amount of time it takes to understand and learn how to use the software, it would be easier to hire a singer for half an hour to do the recording session.

Furthermore, even if it continued to exist, without MIKU/CV series, it would be still a decade behind where it is today. No support, no interest, no funding for updates, it would have been a slow pace; in either case. No other Vocaloid has gotten anything near the interest or $$$ then Cypton's series. MIKU basically did open the floodgates to the idea that a CGI voice "could be real and desirable" by giving it the "soul" of an appearance.

All Shintoe things, yes but nevertheless Vocaloid would have been relegated to hobbyist only without the CV series.

• Usually it takes early adopters to pave the way for something new to even get anywhere. Like the new architecture that Nvidia is working on I think, quantum? I'm not thinking of Pascal, there was something else. But that thing, just one of those cards take like 3,000$ for something that a 980 Ti or Titan X could do (easily?) Yes it would have been cheaper to hire a singer to just sing for you but down the line you would have saved time if you just bought the software, learned how to use it, and be able to apply it. Especially considering the software would be a one time purchase of… however much it is.

Yea the software itself would have fallen behind at some point, but eventually they would have released a home version which is a common thing everywhere. I actually wouldn't understand why they wouldn't release it to a public audience to begin with. Because of the reasons why I said I like them to begin with, you have a singer that can sing for you when you can't.

On an unrelated note, I just preorder Project Diva X for my Noire 4. >:D

And it would be funny to hear a vocaloid cover of this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m38g4L1U0rc I could just imagine Miku being like "I want a hentai girl for me, to make me happy. I want her so I can stop using my hand every single day while watching anime." I would just be so very funny to me xD

• That above video is "disturbing". Same on you for making me watch it :) Plus, its basically already a Vocaloid quality track… and BTW no idea why anyone is watching this...

@darthrutsula:

Yea the software itself would have fallen behind at some point, but eventually they would have released a home version which is a common thing everywhere.

The commercial release of the product wasn't the problem. Vocaloid 2 came out initially as open, but went no where until MIKU was released. Furthermore, only the CV series had sales of any volumes.

In other words, before MIKU… there was like 5 people on Planet Earth who "cared" about Vocaloid. Then it became 50million+. Big difference, in terms of "market development" The examples you refer to, are ones of Hardware... people will want it eventually. In the case of Vocaloid, nobody wanted it; until everyone wanted it.

@darthrutsula:

On an unrelated note, I just preorder Project Diva X for my Noire 4. >:D

Yea unfortunately me gonna be in a pickle here. Do i buy Japanese version or wait until I get back and buy US one? I guess it depends if I get anything special. I still got to get a PS4… hopefully that Q will be answered 2 weeks from now (E3).

• @thegrandalliance:

Yea unfortunately me gonna be in a pickle here. Do i buy Japanese version or wait until I get back and buy US one? I guess it depends if I get anything special. I still got to get a PS4… hopefully that Q will be answered 2 weeks from now (E3).

I don't think that they'll be doing region specific DLC for the game. I think I read that they'll have 300 songs and won't allow edit songs? Maybe they will allow for DLC but only their own/approved DLC.

@thegrandalliance:

That above video is "disturbing". Same on you for making me watch it

Please, based on the variety of songs I've linked, there's no way you are just now thinking this about me.