Lucky Star - Streaming / Digital Download?

• So, Lucky Star is my favorite anime and I pre-ordered the Blu-ray pack as soon as it was available on Amazon. I am wondering if and when it will be available via streaming on FunimationNow and/or Hulu as well as if and when it will be available for digital download via Amazon Video, VUDU, and/or Google Play Movies & TV? I want to own both the physical and digital HD versions as well as be able to stream to my consoles.

• Can't say for sure about Google Play or Amazon Video at all, but I can definitely confirm that Lucky Star's gonna be streaming on Funimation's Website and Funimation Now.

The first 4 episodes, Both Sub and Dub will be available on May 31st. The rest of the series will be added pretty much around the exact same time the series is re-released on DVD/BD, which is July 12.

• Cool. Thanks for the information. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find that out? That way I know in the future for other series without having to post on the forum.

• I thought this might be where Lucky Star would be talked about….

Anyway, I cannot believe that FUN somehow has this epic awesomeness! I LOVE the "everydayness" that is Lucky Star! I couldn't believe it when I saw it - - WoW. I have to laugh. I'm one of those people who hunted down collectible Lucky Star DVD box sets at exorbitant prices from sharks on the Amazon marketplace, then, FUNimation puts it all together! (facepalm) I have to order this. I wonder how FUN's collection of Lucky Star will sync with what I already have? In the offering through FUNimation, could it be the case that there will be better audio or video? There wouldn't be different voice talent right? What would be the key differences? In any case, I guess I will find out soon enough. This next part goes to I guess those who design the Website: Can we have a section for Lucky Star under "L" for shows category?
    What I am also thinking.... If we have here Lucky Star and the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato could it be the case that we will eventually get the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Oh my goodness.... (can hardly contain myself :-D) That would be sooo awesome if FUN came out with MHS complete DVD BluRay so that I don't have to fall victim to the Amazon marketplace again.
    To procure great properties like Lucky Star and Nagato, how did they broker this? I would have loved to be at the negotiating table for that.... All I can say is, whoever pulled this off - - give that person a raise! Pure genius at work.

Take care, and remember that Kagami rules,

P.J.

• @P.J.:

I wonder how FUN's collection of Lucky Star will sync with what I already have? In the offering through FUNimation, could it be the case that there will be better audio or video?

We already know there will be an HD upscale, complete with jaggies, judging by the video now streaming.

There wouldn't be different voice talent right? What would be the key differences?

No and none.

This next part goes to I guess those who design the Website: Can we have a section for Lucky Star under "L" for shows category?

Agreed.

What I am also thinking…. If we have here Lucky Star and the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato could it be the case that we will eventually get the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Yes.

Oh my goodness…. (can hardly contain myself :-D)

Repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax." ~_^

• Hello once again TIL Nobu,

I know I posed a lot of different things there - - thank you so much for taking time out of your life to respond. Would you happen to work for FUNimation, or, just considered like a forum guru? Over 2,000 posts, very impressive. Now, when you say "jaggies" do you mean extras? By the way, nice new avatar - - sooo adorable! What was the avatar you had before? I think it was a woman coughing after taking a puff from a cigar? Was that from an anime or did you create that yourself? Funny.

• @P.J.:

Now, when you say "jaggies" do you mean extras?

Unfortunately, no. I mean video artifacts created when the picture is enlarged from the original resolution.
    Otherwise the presentation is the same as Bandai's original release.
    And goodness knows I wasn't expecting this when I posted yesterday: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/14/attempting-to-escape-closed-space-user-input-needed-remember-the-story-of-oneword/ oOo

@P.J.:

By the way, nice new avatar - - sooo adorable! What was the avatar you had before? I think it was a woman coughing after taking a puff from a cigar? Was that from an anime or did you create that yourself? Funny.

It was a picture of Hanako Ikezawa cosplaying as Balalaika I stole. ~_^

• "And goodness knows I wasn't expecting this…."

I posted the following on June 14 at close to 2AM,

"What I am also thinking.... If we have here Lucky Star and the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato could it be the case that we will eventually get the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Oh my goodness.... (can hardly contain myself :-D) That would be sooo awesome if FUN came out with MHS complete DVD BluRay so that I don't have to fall victim to the Amazon marketplace again."

Then, their bombshell revelation occurred on June 14 at 2pm. Coincidence? I think not. Obviously, all that training Haruhi gave me paid off! I thought it into existence and there it was! Thanks Haruhi!