Hunter x Hunter though so far…

• Ok so far the show seen pretty good so far but I really feel it is LACKING a female protagonist in the anime… There seen to be no female protagonist all the protagonist are guys which to me is lacking the show there seen to be no romance pacing with no female in the show and it make the anime very stale in my opinion... Most anime have a least 1 female protagonist but this one it appear it does not even have one... Thoughs let me know what you think...

• If you are looking for a romance involving 12 year olds, quit now. It does not have much romance. A show can be great without romance, some of my favorite shows don't have romance.

HXH is an adventure show and the main relationship is a FRIENDSHIP between 2 12-13 year old boys. It is about their journey. It does not need romance.

No one is forcing you to watch the show, but don't try to make it a romance when that is clearly not part of the show. There really is not reason to expect romance. It may be nice of there were some more female main character, but not just to be a romantic interest.

• If you are going in to Hunter x Hunter hoping for romance, you are watching the wrong show. I am assuming you are watching the 2011 remake version that is airing dubbed right now.

Romance is extremely minimal in this show, but that being said the show's main relationship is actually one of the best written I have ever seen in anime. It exists in the friendship between our two main characters, Gon and Killua. It is easily the best friendship I have seen in any series and I would dare to say any tv show I have watched period.

When romance does show up, it takes a back seat to plot but is still well developed, but it never takes our center role.

I love romance. Give me a shoujo romance series any day and I will eat it up without hesitation but HxH remains one of my tied for first anime series. It really does not need the romance to be an amazing series.

As far as female leads, there aren't too many but there certainly are some big female characters and they do have times in the spotlight. HxH has an ENORMOUS cast and almost all of them, including minor characters, have time to develop and feel like real people.

There's also the point that our two main protagonists are 12 years old, so not like there will be much romance anyways.

All I can say is, this series hasn't even hardly gotten going yet since you're just watching the dub. It took me till about episode 11 to get really invested in the show but when I did, I got hooked right in. It's seriously worth watching.

• @emdier:

When romance does show up, it takes a back seat to plot but is still well developed, but it never takes our center role.

See it took me a second to remember what you were referring to, and then it hit me…yeah that was a great arc.

Anyways, as for Hunter x Hunter, at least amongst the main cast of characters you're not going to find much in the way of romantic developments. Granted the friendships, bonds, and the general dynamic duo that you get from both Gon and Killua is legitimately fascinating and really kind of interesting in a way, and to me is one of the central things of the shows. While the current arc that you're in right now is still pretty good it will take a bit for the truly meaty elements of the series to show itself. But trust me, once they do, you are in for a treat.

I'd say in terms of romance you won't find much in this show until...the triple digits.

• @korrailli:

If you are looking for a romance involving 12 year olds, quit now. It does not have much romance. A show can be great without romance, some of my favorite shows don't have romance.

HXH is an adventure show and the main relationship is a FRIENDSHIP between 2 12-13 year old boys. It is about their journey. It does not need romance.

No one is forcing you to watch the show, but don't try to make it a romance when that is clearly not part of the show. There really is not reason to expect romance. It may be nice of there were some more female main character, but not just to be a romantic interest.

CAN YOU NOT READ OR SOMETHING!? Where did I said the show SUCK!? I just said it was lacking a female protagonist most anime have one a least 1 girl in it… That why I shock this one does not it seem... I never watch the 1999 anime I new to show... And I also said the show was good I just said it "lacking" a female protagonist WHICH IT IS! -_-

@emdier:

If you are going in to Hunter x Hunter hoping for romance, you are watching the wrong show. I am assuming you are watching the 2011 remake version that is airing dubbed right now.

Romance is extremely minimal in this show, but that being said the show's main relationship is actually one of the best written I have ever seen in anime. It exists in the friendship between our two main characters, Gon and Killua. It is easily the best friendship I have seen in any series and I would dare to say any tv show I have watched period.

I love romance. Give me a shoujo romance series any day and I will eat it up without hesitation but HxH remains one of my tied for first anime series. It really does not need the romance to be an amazing series.

As far as female leads, there aren't too many but there certainly are some big female characters and they do have times in the spotlight. HxH has an ENORMOUS cast and almost all of them, including minor characters, have time to develop and feel like real people.

There's also the point that our two main protagonists are 12 years old, so not like there will be much romance anyways.

All I can say is, this series hasn't even hardly gotten going yet since you're just watching the dub. It took me till about episode 11 to get really invested in the show but when I did, I got hooked right in. It's seriously worth watching.

1st of ALL this is the 1st time I watch the show I never watch the 1st show… I said the show was lacking a girl which most anime have it... I NEVER SAID THE ANIME WAS BAD! -_- Also I NEVER watch the 1st anime I watching the new one that currently airing on Toonami...

@classyspartan:

See it took me a second to remember what you were referring to, and then it hit me…yeah that was a great arc.

Anyways, as for Hunter x Hunter, at least amongst the main cast of characters you're not going to find much in the way of romantic developments. Granted the friendships, bonds, and the general dynamic duo that you get from both Gon and Killua is legitimately fascinating and really kind of interesting in a way, and to me is one of the central things of the shows. While the current arc that you're in right now is still pretty good it will take a bit for the truly meaty elements of the series to show itself. But trust me, once they do, you are in for a treat.

I'd say in terms of romance you won't find much in this show until...the triple digits.

I feel ALL are taking out of contents of what I state… WHEN THE FREAKIN DID I SAID THIS WAS BAD ANIME!? I said it was "lacking" a female protagonist which most anime have... I also said the anime is pretty good so far... but I feel the show should have had A LEAST 1 female protagonist which it does not... Please read next before reply... -_-

I mean hell the Gourmet Examiner's for the Second Exam Boobs where for a specific shot in a close up in the Last Episode...

• This show is amazing! I am watching the dub on Toonami and I am already hooked. The world is fascinating and the characters are, at the same time, both whimsical and serious. Awesome show so far that has a really unique feel to it.

Someone mentioned this is a 2011 remake?

• @nubguy:

This show is amazing! I am watching the dub on Toonami and I am already hooked. The world is fascinating and the characters are, at the same time, both whimsical and serious. Awesome show so far that a really unique feel to it.

Someone mentioned this is a 2011 remake?

I guess this is a remake from 1999 one which I NEVER watch may I add since I guess think I did… -_- Anyway It is a good show but it lacks a female protagonist in my opinion all animes are aless suppose to have 1 but this one does not...

• @gohan6425:

in my opinion all animes are aless suppose to have 1 but this one does not…

Not exactly sure where you got that from… But I respect your opinion either way.

• (When you haven't watched the show, but you want to read the conversation that's happening. But you can't because you know you'll see spoilers. I have to start watching this show, maybe, I don't know, ignore me.)

• lol Anthony, I understand your pain. You really should watch it though. Do you have Toonami in Canada?

• @Anthony:

I have to start watching this show

Let's start watching together!

• @nubguy:

lol Anthony, I understand your pain. You really should watch it though. Do you have Toonami in Canada?

It's called Cartoon Network here. Also, all the episodes are on Netflix, so I'll just watch them there.
    I don't really know what shows are on the Cartoon Network, I don't want much tv.

@gamergoku:

Let's start watching together!

I don't feel like watching 144 episodes subbed >_<, I'm sorry. I could do it, but I don't want to. Maybe another time

• @Anthony:

It's called Cartoon Network here. Also, all the episodes are on Netflix, so I'll just watch them there.
    I don't really know what shows are on the Cartoon Network, I don't want much tv.

Ah, interesting, We have Cartoon Network as well, which airs the Toonami block on Saturdays along with Adult Swim during the week. The only problem with watching on Netflix is that they don't have the dub. The dub is airing on Toonami right now and just finished episode 4, so you're not too far behind.

• @nubguy:

Ah, interesting, We have Cartoon Network as well, which airs the Toonami block on Saturdays along with Adult Swim during the week. The only problem with watching on Netflix is that they don't have the dub. The dub is airing on Toonami right now and just finished episode 4, so you're not too far behind.

There's a dub… I guess I'll have to see if it's on their website.

• just checked and I don't know where to go, I guess I'll watch the first 4 episodes subbed and then try to see if it's on the Cartoon Network Saturday.

Edit: I don't think it's plays in Canada, I checked the schedule and it's not there.

• @Anthony:

There's a dub… I guess I'll have to see if it's on their website.

• just checked and I don't know where to go, I guess I'll watch the first 4 episodes subbed and then try to see if it's on the Cartoon Network Saturday.

Edit: I don't think it's plays in Canada, I checked the schedule and it's not there.

Ah, that's too bad man. Sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation, VIZ will be releasing the entire series on BD/DVD with the dub at some point in the future.

• @nubguy:

Ah, that's too bad man. Sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation, VIZ will be releasing the entire series on BD/DVD with the dub at some point in the future.

It's all right, I'll either wait for the home release or just watch it subbed.

• Gohan, you said the series was "very stale" which is not a positive way to describe a show. I never said you said the show was bad, was simply explaining where this show does amazingly well. And that is in the non-romantic relationship department.

Also, where did I say you had watched the original series? I never did, so mayhaps you should read what I write too :P

This is a show I have very strong opinions about, you could say that it is my Dragonball Z, I felt the need to defend it.

• @emdier:

Gohan, you said the series was "very stale" which is not a positive way to describe a show. I never said you said the show was bad, was simply explaining where this show does amazingly well. And that is in the non-romantic relationship department.

Also, where did I say you had watched the original series? I never did, so mayhaps you should read what I write too :P

This is a show I have very strong opinions about, you could say that it is my Dragonball Z, I felt the need to defend it.

Stale as in no female… Not the in show general... Just feel like it missing that... Most anime have aleast 1 female... This does not... So to me it does feel yes it feel stale b/c it missing something most anime have... But it still good anime... But as I state it lacking a female...

• There are some pretty cool female characters. They just take a while to show up.

HXH is the show that really got me into subs. Before I would watch some subbed, but not too many and mostly airing stuff. It did take some convincing, but I eventually watched HXH in 2 weeks. Takes something for me to watch 148 eps in 2 weeks.

• @korrailli:

There are some pretty cool female characters. They just take a while to show up.

HXH is the show that really got me into subs. Before I would watch some subbed, but not too many and mostly airing stuff. It did take some convincing, but I eventually watched HXH in 2 weeks. Takes something for me to watch 148 eps in 2 weeks.

Not Main Female Characters though which really hurt it that should aless have 1…