If FUNimation dubbed the original Code Geass

• i've been watching Code Geass seasons 1 and 2 and i must say that after all these years the dub still holds up incredibly better than i remember it. i applaud such performances from Johnny Yong Bosch, Kate Higgins, Yuri Lowenthal, Karren Strassman, Michelle Ruff, Megan Hollingshead, Crispin Freeman, Christopher Corey Smith, Kirk Thornton, Mary Elizabeth Mglynn, etc. but, as a FUNimation i always wondered what their take on the dub would be like. if any of you wanted Johnny Yong Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal in the Dub then our choice would be Mike Mcfarland since his major specialty is bringing in actors from LA, New York, and Canada to dub some of their anime. so here are my list:

Josh Grelle-Lelouch vi Britannia

Chris Burnette-Suzaku Kugarugi

Cherami Leigh-Nunnally vi Britannia

Brina Palencia-C.C.

Trina Nishimura-Kallen

Jamie Marchi-Rakshata Chawla

J Michael Tatum-Jeremiah Gattwald

Aaron Dismuke-Rollo

Maxey Whitehead-V.V.

Kent Williams-Charles zi Britannia

Ian Sinclair-Llyod Asplund

Stephanie Young-Cornilia li Britannia

Alexis Tipton-Euphemia li Britannia

Todd Haberkorn-Clovis li Britannia

Mike Mcfarland-Kaname Ougi

Caitlin Glass-Shirley

Felicia Angelle-Milly Ashford

Clifford Chapin-Rivalz

Leah Clark-Nina Einstein

Marth Harms-Vieletta Nu

David Wald-Kyoshiro Tohdoh

Carli Moiser-Sayoko Shinozaki

Alex Organ-Odysseus eu Britannia

Justin Cook-Shinichiro Tamaki

Eric Vale-Mao

Christopher R Sabat-Bismarck Waldstein

Morgan Garret-Alicia Lohmeyer

Anthony Bowling-Kento Sugiyama

Phil Parson-Bartley Asprius

Andy Mullins-Ryoga Senba

Colleen Clinkenbeard-Marianne vi Britannia

Lara Woodhul-Jiang Lihua / Tianzi

Duncan Brannan-Gilbert G.P Guilford

Additional voice actors:

Newton Pittman Matthew Mercer Ian Sinclair

Christopher R Sabat Josh Grelle Aaron Dismuke

Brandon Potter Mike Mcfarland Michael Sinterkniklass

Tyson Reinhart Leah Clark Christopher Bevins

Micah Solusad Colleen Clinkenbeard Christopher Corey Smith

Joel Mcdonald J Michael Tatum Alexis Tipton

Chris Cason John Gremillion Mark Stoddard

Jeff Johnson Ed Blaylock Chris Ayres

Linda Young Wendy Powell Cynthia Cranz

Grant James Sean Schemmel Tia Ballard

Bob Carter Kristi Kang Jerry Jewell

R Bruce Elliot Jason Liebrecht Greg Ayres

Phil Parson Lara Woodhul Lindsey Seidal

Justin Cook Brittany Karbowski Chuck Huber

Trina Nishimura Laura Bailey Joel Mcdonald

Andy Mullins Austin Tindle Bradford Jackson

John Burgemeier Ashley Burch Laura Landra

Kara Edwards Eric Vale Jad Saxton

Kyle Hebert Bryan Massey Duncan Brannan

• But it's so perfect as it is.

• @Fiammetta:

But it's so perfect as it is.

yeah but this is out of curiosity.

• @Fiammetta:

But it's so perfect as it is.

Exactly. I can't imagine other actors in main roles, especially Lelouch.

• @emdier:

Exactly. I can't imagine other actors in main roles, especially Lelouch.

well i'm not a jerk but after seeing funimations performances on the hatred of society like FMA, One Piece, etc. Funimation has a brilliant emotional range exploring the humanity, flaws, and energy of ever character.

• @apocolypse67:

well i'm not a jerk but after seeing funimations performances on the hatred of society like FMA, One Piece, etc. Funimation has a brilliant emotional range exploring the humanity, flaws, and energy of ever character.

Here the think it hard to see Code Geass with other people b/c of how great the English Dub was Johnny Yong Bosch, Kate Higgins, Yuri Lowenthal, Karren Strassman took there roles and made them there own… So it REALLY hard for me to see anyone else take over for them... That why I REALLY hopeing ALL 4 of then come back for the OVA and that go for Yuri too... The 3 other Johnny Yong Bosch, Kate Higgins, and Karren Strassman had all work for Funimation before so that WILL all mostly be coming back... But it will be sad if Yuri Lowenthal can not come back... Suzaku WILL NOT be the same with out him... In my take Lelouch vi Britannia was Johnny Yong Bosch BEST ROLE HE EVER HAD DONE! And I see alot of his work...

• @gohan6425:

Here the think it hard to see Code Geass with other people b/c of how great the English Dub was Johnny Yong Bosch, Kate Higgins, Yuri Lowenthal, Karren Strassman took there roles and made them there own… So it REALLY hard for me to see anyone else take over for them... That why I REALLY hopeing ALL 4 of then come back for the OVA and that go for Yuri too... The 3 other Johnny Yong Bosch, Kate Higgins, and Karren Strassman had all work for Funimation before so that WILL all mostly be coming back... But it will be sad if Yuri Lowenthal can not come back... Suzaku WILL NOT be the same with out him... In my take Lelouch vi Britannia was Johnny Yong Bosch BEST ROLE HE EVER HAD DONE! And I see alot of his work...

agreed. but i think trina nishimura would be a good replacement. just need to know how she'll handle this stuff. agreed on JYB being the best Lelouch and best role. however, i think that josh grelle could rival him.

• @apocolypse67:

agreed. but i think trina nishimura would be a good replacement. just need to know how she'll handle this stuff. agreed on JYB being the best Lelouch and best role. however, i think that josh grelle could rival him.

I don't think so… Johnny Yong Bosch REALLY made that role his own I seen him in many roles which alot I like but with Lelouch he REALLY did his best work with that role... Which glad he on good terns with Funimation b/c without him it be like Arnold Schwarzenegger not being the Terminator you just can't do that... This people just don't understand recasting someone is not a good think... As I said Kate higgins is mostly coming back for C.C. as she had work for Funimation before so she be back... But Yuri is the only that really on the bubble right not at this point everyone Funimation can get back...

• @gohan6425:

I don't think so… Johnny Yong Bosch REALLY made that role his own I seen him in many roles which alot I like but with Lelouch he REALLY did his best work with that role... Which glad he on good terns with Funimation b/c without him it be like Arnold Schwarzenegger not being the Terminator you just can't do that... This people just don't understand recasting someone is not a good think... As I said Kate higgins is mostly coming back for C.C. as she had work for Funimation before so she be back... But Yuri is the only that really on the bubble right not at this point everyone Funimation can get back...

neither Kate nor Yuri had worked for FUNImation before. unless they are lucky like in Sengoku Barasa and Tales of Vespiria they would have a good chance working there.

• @apocolypse67:

neither Kate nor Yuri had worked for FUNImation before. unless they are lucky like in Sengoku Barasa and Tales of Vespiria they would have a good chance working there.

Yes Kate had dude…

• Get everyone from the Guilty Crown dub for "reprising" the characters that ripped off these ones.

That aside, just no one. It's fine as it is.

• @gohan6425:

Yes Kate had dude…

when ? What anime?

• @Gemnist:

Get everyone from the Guilty Crown dub for "reprising" the characters that ripped off these ones.

High five.