Anyone a "TOTAL WARrior?"

• Warhammer: Total War comes out in a few days (May 24)… indeed, I wondering whether I should care about it now or later. ROME 2 is/continues to be a disaster, so don't want to repeat that experience.

https://youtu.be/IUW0UJWpfUQ

Anyways, for people who are "unaware" of the TOTAL WAR franchise, I would suggest you buy SHOGUN 2: TOTAL WAR. It does help you loads when it comes to the understanding of Japanese culture/history. And most suited for the ANIME audience we have here, nevertheless…

EDIT: We decided to "give it hell", and downloaded it. Now time to see whether I wasted $$$ or not again…

MORE EDIT: Yea, it seems to be okay... at least it isn't up like ROME2. The tutorial/main game are merged into one; so even on max difficulty (which I only play on, of course:)) the game's curve isn't nearly as steep as other TW games. Usually every turn early game counts on max difficulty; or when that secret "HORDE OF DOOM" comes in from nowhere like 15 turns later, its GGWP.

IT does take some of the elements from Rome 2 (which is unfortunate); nevertheless, it does make them more logical and focused. It appears a bit less micromanaging then usual, but yet expanding customability in other respects. Of course, you have to get into this game's lore... or you gonna be lost the entire time. I had the "privilege" of playing the now defunct "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" (MMORPG) back in the day; which although focuses on the "end of the reign" of the core Empire leader, this one starts at the beginning.

...very easy to get lost IRL playing in this game, nevertheless...

• It looks great to be honest, just wish I'd bought a better PC so I could play it.

• @avantyr:

It looks great to be honest, just wish I'd bought a better PC so I could play it.

Well, depends what you have… the system requirements are a bit asking for a bunch; but not required per se. I am running a computer I built myself using a Intel i7 3770K processor and NVIDIA 660TI. Works just fine, although for the more complex battles you may not want to set everything on max of course. But it does work well... the performance is comparable to ROME 2.

Now of course, if you have a "weaker" system, that may be a problem in either case. Nevertheless, if you can upgrade the GPU to something "good"; it should work wonders.

• I'm not sure if I'm going to get it right away at current considering I have but have yet to play the other games at all

• @shadowking01:

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it right away at current considering I have but have yet to play the other games at all

No worries. The only difference between now and later is that the "Chaos" Faction DLC (which is unnecessary) won't be free after next week. Otherwise, you got all the time in the world, of course :)

• Yeah, I'll probably wait for a big discounted steam sale, that's how I have the majority of the series

• @shadowking01:

Yeah, I'll probably wait for a big discounted steam sale, that's how I have the majority of the series

LoL, yes well you will be waiting a while for this one. They had a strong launch (supposedly best for Total War game), and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Plus, don't forget they are gonna have lots of DLC for this one (like a trilogy; to "continue" the story, as it were), so it isn't' finished yet.

• Well I still have to buy the original medieval and shogun games off steam, before I even consider getting total war: warhammer plus I still want to get the steam release of clannad as well, too many game not enough money

• @shadowking01:

Well I still have to buy the original medieval and shogun games off steam,

The TW games are independent of each other… you don't need previous titles to play current ones. In the case of Shogun, the second game is far better; the first game you only play if you like classics. Shogun 2 is by far the best TW game, especially the "Fall of the Samurai" expansion.

• I'm going for a complete set. I would go for the same for the civ games but CIV 1 and 2 are not available on steam or gog

• @shadowking01:

I'm going for a complete set.

Well, okay. Just don't let ye "life past by your eyes" before you get around to playing these games (as I did); or you will live to regret it, in either case.