Be Excellent to Each Other

• It seems like a good time for a reminder that these forum rules exist:

• Be excellent to each other.
    • In other words do not harass, troll, abuse, flame, impersonate, attack, or threaten other users, or use slurs of any kind.
    • Conflict often gives birth to the best solution, so we encourage healthy debates. Users may discuss and question the issue at hand, but not attack the character of other users.

I'm not going to go back and moderate every thread, but once I started looking around after some recent needed moderation, it looks like this rule has steadily been getting more and more ignored.

We encourage debate and understand things can get heated, but please don't hurl insults at each other. It's possible to disagree, even vehemently, with someone without attacking them personally. It's the difference between "that's moronic" (heated debate) and "you're a moron" (insults). The former is acceptable according to the rules, though perhaps could be worded better, the second is not.

Thank you for your understanding and let's make the forums welcoming for everyone– we want to encourage opinions without discouraging people. ^_^

• I'll try to be careful with what I post on the forums from now on. Sorry for what happened earlier.

• As a moderator, I too have been guilty of occasionally bending these rules in the past. I openly admit that that was inappropriate of me, and I apologize. I will try henceforth to maintain a more professional, polite, and courteous attitude to my duties here on the forums.

Don't get me wrong, I still plan on being the "fun mod", but from now on I'll try to make sure the fun I'm having isn't at someone elses' expense. :)

• @CJ:

It seems like a good time for a reminder that these forum rules exist:

• Be excellent to each other.
    • In other words do not harass, troll, abuse, flame, impersonate, attack, or threaten other users, or use slurs of any kind.
    • Conflict often gives birth to the best solution, so we encourage healthy debates. Users may discuss and question the issue at hand, but not attack the character of other users.

I'm not going to go back and moderate every thread, but once I started looking around after some recent needed moderation, it looks like this rule has steadily been getting more and more ignored.

We encourage debate and understand things can get heated, but please don't hurl insults at each other. It's possible to disagree, even vehemently, with someone without attacking them personally. It's the difference between "that's moronic" (heated debate) and "you're a moron" (insults). The former is acceptable according to the rules, though perhaps could be worded better, the second is not.

Thank you for your understanding and let's make the forums welcoming for everyone– we want to encourage opinions without discouraging people. ^_^

In other words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfyp_4JpUE

Could not have said it better myself Goku! :)

• @CJ:

I'm not going to go back and moderate every thread,

• Part of what I've been the happiest about in these forums is that they mostly take care of themselves– we really haven't historically had much need to hyper-monitor the forums to make sure people weren't at each other's throats or posting inappropriate content, beyond a few isolated incidents. The community mostly rallies around itself-- we have wonderful, caring, amazing fans and it's part of the reason I'm so proud to work where I do.

Might sound like I'm laying it on pretty thick there, but I really mean it-- I do this for you guys and I love this little slice of the anime community we've made here. ^_^

• That said, I'm closing this thread as well. ^_^