New Fairytail OVA 7 Released (Fairy Penalty Game)

• So I heard a new Fairytail OVA (7) Fairy Penalty Game, was released in Japan. Does anyone have an idea when Funimation might be releasing the subbed version for it or acquiring the license to do so?

• If it is a OVA; I wouldn't expect anything until at least the release of "Fairy Tail Zero" (as part of a bundle). Keep in mind, Funimation is generally horrible when acquiring OVA rights (Ah! My Goddess, anyone?). However, this being a primary series, it is likely in time.

You are probably like, 6-18 months away from any release; at least 1/2 that time before you get any further news thereof.

• Keep in mind teamedwardjace that 'Fairy Penalty Game' original animation DVD is bundled with the manga in Japan; most of time OADs are limited to Japan only and will not be available to license outside of Japan.

@thegrandalliance:

Keep in mind, Funimation is generally horrible when acquiring OVA rights (Ah! My Goddess, anyone?)

Those were bundled with the manga, read above.

• Thanks! Guess we'll have to eagerly wait and see till it happens!

• I imagine they'd be able to get the license and sub it eventually though it may take 6-18 months like the above user said.

• @jlaking:

Those were bundled with the manga, read above.

I am aware of that…

@jlaking:

most of time OADs are limited to Japan only and will not be available to license outside of Japan.

My point, exactly. Either due to Japanese Nationalism; or American failure to negotiate, it stands nonetheless…

• You have to take into account that OVAs and such, If they are included in a Manga or Light Novel release are notoriously hard to get. Exceptions do exist (looks like Sentai got the Chaika: Avenging Battle OVA that was originally included with one of the Light Novels)

• @Series5Ranger:

If they are included in a Manga or Light Novel release are notoriously hard to get.

Yes, but that is a retarded Japanese business practice. The goal of free market economics is to make content/product available, as widely so; and not to sell low-margin books only, restricting marketplace (Japan only) and scale.

But Japanese are weird: And they wonder why they cannot grow their economy. Its like this:

@Japanese:

Oh, lets find a way to sell our product to as few people as possible; charging the maximum amount per unit, and hope we will make lots of money.

BTW, this isn't only true for Anime… they do this with just about everything domestically created. Even Hatsune Miku's Creators "asked the people for permission" before exporting to USA.

@Wikipedia:

Since Crypton had always sold Miku as a virtual instrument in Japan, they asked their Japanese fan base if it was acceptable for them to sell her as a virtual singer to the new market audience.[26]

There is probably a Japanese name for this practice (other then "xenophobia"), and I should try to figure this out finally when I get there in Summer. Anyways…

• Is Funimation going to dub Fairy Tail OVA?