Shows Funimation refuses to add to console

• Seems like funimation wants to just ignore their customers, ur funimation now app is a joke half devices it won't work on, ur console apps lag. Buffer, and give unserver unavailable messages, it's been a few months and Chrono Crusade and Gantz have yet to be added to consoles. Yet crunchyroll has it on their apps. I'm honestly to point of subscribing to them over funimation which is horrible but they don't make bs statements about limitation. It's funny funimation has stated that they CANT ADD TO APPS ONLY WEBSITE YET BOTH SHOWS ON FUNIMATION NOW MOBILE APP stop the vs say it straight

• @DemanW:

it's been a few months and Chrono Crusade and Gantz have yet to be added to consoles. Yet crunchyroll has it on their apps.

Although it depends on a case-by-case basis; in general, Funimation does not have console release rights to everything by default. The reason CR has it on their console product is likely because they paid for "console exclusive" streaming rights.

Although this can be confusing to people not aware of ANime industry, it would give a false impression that Funimation is "abandoning ship" on some titles. However this is by design, not by accident… as they do not have the Japanese NA localization licenses thereof.

• @thegrandalliance:

Although it depends on a case-by-case basis; in general, Funimation does not have console release rights to everything by default. The reason CR has it on their console product is likely because they paid for "console exclusive" streaming rights.

Although this can be confusing to people not aware of ANime industry, it would give a false impression that Funimation is "abandoning ship" on some titles. However this is by design, not by accident… as they do not have the Japanese NA localization licenses thereof.

I think the issue is they don't tell us what shows we don't get with our consoles and they don't advertise as such making it very general

• @garden_of_eden:

I think the issue is they don't tell us what shows we don't get with our consoles and they don't advertise as such

Funimation Corporate Credo:
    Misinformation can always be excused away as mistakes.
    Mistakes are only real if there are financial repercussions.
    Repercussions only come when there is customer clarity.
    Customer clarity must never supersede confusion.
    Confusion is the key to success.
    Success necessitates misdirection.
    Misdirection perseveres though excuses.
    Excuses are always taken as gospel by those with blind faith.
    Blind faith keeps our customers from other service alternatives.
    Alternatives can be blocked with the proper misinformation.

Welcome to Funimation in 2016 since late 2013.

• @dougswisher:

Welcome to Funimation in 2016 since late 2013.

Just ignore this guy. Life's better that way.

• notice they didn't say I was wrong…

• probably for the best. I'd imagine any attempt to do so would just result in yet another massive wall of text to add to all the others you have left everywhere in the forums. don't really need another one

• to be fair, I didn't start this thread. it was started by yet another dissatisfied customer.

I simply provided insight as to the cause of the dissatisfaction.

• @dougswisher:

insight

oh, is that what you calling it now? alrighty then

• @Getchman:

oh, is that what you calling it now? alrighty then

Apparently.

• Well I can't be like the White Knights and claim its fact just because I read some nobody's blog or I listened to a podcast by someone who is just guessing.

• @dougswisher:

Looks like you failed spelling in English Class. I think what you meant to say was:

@dougswisher:

Feel
    Under
    Nether
    In
    My
    An
    s,
    Thus
    Is
    Overpowering
    Now…

"Reading is a Skill…"

• The reason Funimation doesn't have all of the shows they have released on their service is due to the fact that they don't have the Streaming Broadcast rights to it. I asked this question last year at Anime Expo because I would love to rewatch GantZ (let a friend borrow my original Season 1 from ADV and never got it back). Same goes with YuYu Hakusho, Chrono Crusade, and anything else that you don't see available on the app.

• @godofjurai:

The reason Funimation doesn't have all of the shows they have released on their service is due to the fact that they don't have the Streaming Broadcast rights to it. I asked this question last year at Anime Expo because I would love to rewatch GantZ (let a friend borrow my original Season 1 from ADV and never got it back). Same goes with YuYu Hakusho, Chrono Crusade, and anything else that you don't see available on the app.

yet they don't notify console users of the difference in the schedule

• @garden_of_eden:

yet they don't notify console users of the difference in the schedule

Its not available on the website either, so I don't know what the big deal is. Just cause they have released something, doesn't mean they have to have it available on their streaming service. The new DBZ movies are not part of the streaming service, but the series is… Neither is the One Piece films, but all the specials and episodes are.

• @godofjurai:

Its not available on the website either, so I don't know what the big deal is. Just cause they have released something, doesn't mean they have to have it available on their streaming service. The new DBZ movies are not part of the streaming service, but the series is… Neither is the One Piece films, but all the specials and episodes are.

but gantz and chrono crusade are on there site as streaming off the bat. http://www.funimation.com/p/xbox/

• @DemanW:

Seems like funimation wants to just ignore their customers, ur funimation now app is a joke half devices it won't work on, ur console apps lag. Buffer, and give unserver unavailable messages, it's been a few months and Chrono Crusade and Gantz have yet to be added to consoles. Yet crunchyroll has it on their apps. I'm honestly to point of subscribing to them over funimation which is horrible but they don't make bs statements about limitation. It's funny funimation has stated that they CANT ADD TO APPS ONLY WEBSITE YET BOTH SHOWS ON FUNIMATION NOW MOBILE APP stop the vs say it straight

Here's my direct question… how exactly are they "refusing" to...

I haven't hear anything about them "refusing" to do anything.

It looks more to me like you're making it up...

Do we know even if they have the staffing to be able to instantly put something up?

I think you're making a lot of assumptions... the way Dougwisher does....